Menu

Welcome litte Israel David - Jill and Derrick's newborn son

sheryl

Congratulations to them!

I can't help but hope they won't continue her parents' trend of their kids' names all starting with the same first letter. "J" was pretty easy (although I still think Jinger was a stretch!) but "I" names aren't as common. ;)

• Like 1

Congratulations to them!

I can't help but hope they won't continue her parents' trend of their kids' names all starting with the same first letter. "J" was pretty easy (although I still think Jinger was a stretch!) but "I" names aren't as common. ;)

LOL!

Ichabod (Icky for short)

Isabel

Isadora

Ianna

Iago

Ivan

Ian

Ibrahim

Icarus

Ida

• Like 2

Congratulations to them!

Yeah, me too. If they had picked a "C" name, I'd be worried. ;)

• Like 1

Any idea why they had to have a hospital birth instead of at homebirth like they wanted?

I've seen speculation that it was bc in Arkansas lay midwives must transfer care to an OB if the mom is a certain number of days past her due date. Or that lay midwives can't legally deliver at home a mom so many days past her due date.

I'm not sure how true that is. ???

Hey! I just thought of something! Maybe a Duggar girl could name all her daughters a variation of Caitlin, and all her sons a variation of Christopher. It could be like:

Katelynne

Christophe

Caitlyn

Kaitlin

Kristopher

Christian

Cate-Lyne

Chris

• Like 2

Hey! I just thought of something! Maybe a Duggar girl could name all her daughters a variation of Caitlin, and all her sons a variation of Christopher. It could be like:

Katelynne

Christophe

Caitlyn

Kaitlin

Kristopher

Christian

Cate-Lyne

Chris

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :D

• Like 1

Poor thing....she looks like she's been hit by a truck! Awww... so puffy and drained looking.

So glad for a healthy baby and healthy mama. Glad she has some sisters to help her in the early days of recovery. Although, I hope that, with her homebirth not panning out as she'd hoped, she will give her body time to heal and recover before she has more babies. Hoping that no one pressures her to have more babies until she feels fully ready for it.

• Like 7

I've seen speculation that it was bc in Arkansas lay midwives must transfer care to an OB if the mom is a certain number of days past her due date. Or that lay midwives can't legally deliver at home a mom so many days past her due date.

I'm not sure how true that is. ???

Most direct entry midwives cannot legally do births past 42 weeks. I believe she crossed the cutoff and had to be transferred. And depending on the circumstances, many midwives (including my own, with my first birth) will transfer for induction a few days prior to that for the chance for a better outcome (vaginal vs. c-section from dystocia, maternal exhaustion, etc).

Poor thing....she looks like she's been hit by a truck! Awww... so puffy and drained looking.

So glad for a healthy baby and healthy mama. Glad she has some sisters to help her in the early days of recovery. Although, I hope that, with her homebirth not panning out as she'd hoped, she will give her body time to heal and recover before she has more babies. Hoping that no one pressures her to have more babies until she feels fully ready for it.

Hoping the same.

I thought the same thing. I was thinking she transferred due to exhaustion and the big baby, looks like they had both been up a really long time.

As to having more she has been fully immersed in the culture, it wouldn't likely take any coercion that is what she has been taught all of her life, it would more likely take coercion to convince her not to have as many babies as quickly as possible, I don't think any alternative is given any real credence.

I don't get why anyone cares how many children another has (or doesn't have). Pro-choice works both ways.

no, that's not what I said. What I said was that I hoped she wasn't pressured to have more children until she's truly ready for another pregnancy, especially when it apparently didn;t go according to plan this time. And she shouldn't feel bad if she;s not up to it for a time. That's all.

• Like 7

I had a 9 lb, 10 oz baby, 14 days early (definite on dates) and he looked like a section baby bc he wasn't in the birth canal for long at all. In fact, they had to give me pitocin when I was 10 cms, 100% effaced bc he was still under my ribs.

That said, he was my 3rd. I hope she had an easy delivery and a good recovery.

Yah.... that's does not look like a vaginal delivery head on that baby. If it is, though.... owwwww. He's a whopper!

Short sidetrack: when my first son was in the birth canal, my OB said, "Wow! Look at the SIZE of this kid's HEAD!"

Thanks. Really, thanks loads for that bit of info.

He was a 9+lb.er.

• Like 6

Short sidetrack: when my first son was in the birth canal, my OB said, "Wow! Look at the SIZE of this kid's HEAD!"

Thanks. Really, thanks loads for that bit of info.

He was a 9+lb.er.

Stuart Mackenzie: Look at the size of that boy's heed.

Tony Giardino: Shhh!

Stuart Mackenzie: I'm not kidding, it's like an orange on a toothpick.

Tony Giardino: Shhh, you're going to give the boy a complex.

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid.

Tony Giardino: Shh!

Stuart Mackenzie: Has it's own weather system.

Tony Giardino: Sh, sh, shh.

Stuart Mackenzie: HEAD! MOVE!

• Like 7

Most direct entry midwives cannot legally do births past 42 weeks. I believe she crossed the cutoff and had to be transferred. And depending on the circumstances, many midwives (including my own, with my first birth) will transfer for induction a few days prior to that for the chance for a better outcome (vaginal vs. c-section from dystocia, maternal exhaustion, etc).

Thanks!

Stuart Mackenzie: Look at the size of that boy's heed.

Tony Giardino: Shhh!

Stuart Mackenzie: I'm not kidding, it's like an orange on a toothpick.

Tony Giardino: Shhh, you're going to give the boy a complex.

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid.

Tony Giardino: Shh!

Stuart Mackenzie: Has it's own weather system.

Tony Giardino: Sh, sh, shh.

Stuart Mackenzie: HEAD! MOVE!

"He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow."

• Like 3

I had a 9 lb, 10 oz baby, 14 days early (definite on dates) and he looked like a section baby bc he wasn't in the birth canal for long at all. In fact, they had to give me pitocin when I was 10 cms, 100% effaced bc he was still under my ribs.

That said, he was my 3rd. I hope she had an easy delivery and a good recovery.

Those are my kids. None of them have cranial molding, because I have a poor pelvic shape and they don't tuck under it or drop until I'm pushing. Then they're out in seconds.

My first was a transfer from direct entry midwife care that became a c-section after failed inductions for about four days. And that kiddo did indeed have some head issues, because she was asynclitic. Hindsight and all that - if we had known we would have never consented to them breaking my water before trying to get her repositioned. I was so mad after that c-section I immediately wanted to try again. I was totally pumped up for another birth after my traumatic first one, and got the VBAC I wanted fifteen months later.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she felt similarly. Some people respond to cruddy birth experiences by swearing them off for years, some end up like me and want to try again immediately. At that point I wasn't on the large family train, it wasn't a pressure thing at all but my own desire.

This is all speculation but IF she had surgery and a rough birth, I hope her outcome is as excellent as mine was. And I hope she has an awesome babymoon :)

Those are my kids. None of them have cranial molding, because I have a poor pelvic shape and they don't tuck under it or drop until I'm pushing. Then they're out in seconds.

My first was a transfer from direct entry midwife care that became a c-section after failed inductions for about four days. And that kiddo did indeed have some head issues, because she was asynclitic. Hindsight and all that - if we had known we would have never consented to them breaking my water before trying to get her repositioned. I was so mad after that c-section I immediately wanted to try again. I was totally pumped up for another birth after my traumatic first one, and got the VBAC I wanted fifteen months later.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she felt similarly. Some people respond to cruddy birth experiences by swearing them off for years, some end up like me and want to try again immediately. At that point I wasn't on the large family train, it wasn't a pressure thing at all but my own desire.

This is all speculation but IF she had surgery and a rough birth, I hope her outcome is as excellent as mine was. And I hope she has an awesome babymoon :)

My first baby was 9lbs 1oz and was an emergency forceps delivery, with an APGAR score of 2. He had the biggest cone head since he was stuck for so long. Hats just popped right off his head.

My second was a super easy delivery, with a small head and shoulders. However, he had a form of craniosynostosis, trigonocephaly, which was the cause of the small head, so it wasn't really a good thing. He was my smallest at 7lbs 11oz. I didn't even really push.

My first 2 are 14 months apart.