Menu

Clearwater, FL (or surrounding area) residents/visitors - Pier 60 parking question

HappyLady

I'm going to be in the area soon and would like to go to the Pier 60.  I'm always nervous about finding parking in areas I don't know so I figured I'd ask if there were any tips and tricks to it.  I have the map of all the areas to park, but I'm wondering if some lots are better, etc.  Also, I don't plan on getting there until later, probably after 6pm.  Will is be more or less crowded there?  Would a Sunday night or weekday night be better to go?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  :)

I think there might be a ferry to Clearwater Beach from Clearwater. You might check that out. I don't do Clearwater Beach. I LOVE Ft DeSota in south Pinellas county, though. What the real, old Florida looks like.

Good luck.

ETA After 6 pm I would think it wouldn't be a problem to park, especially a week night.

My mom lives down there but I rarely go to Clearwater beach anymore. If you are worried about parking you could always park further down the beach and take the sun bus up there. That is if you have enough time to do so. My mom takes the Sun Bus (think that is what it is called) often when she knows she will be some place for a while and doesn't want to drive (she lives on the beach). 

I do know that the tourists are in season right now. Mom has been commenting on their driving recently. 

Good luck! Have fun! 

We just moved from the area last fall, but it seemed like every time we went, the parking got more expensive and less availability. Also, the traffic getting in and out was ridiculous. I took like beaches farther south, like Ft Desoto, some of the beaches in Bradenton, or an hour or so south in Venice.

You might have to walk a mile and drive around a bit, but you'll find a place to park eventually.  Get there VERY EARLY (not close to sunset) for better chances.  Except for once when I found a place right next to the beach I always had better luck north of the pier.