Menu

Notgrass America the Beautiful.. Can a 3rd grader tag along

michaeljenn

I will be using this program for my 6th grader next fall.  I am wondering if my 3rd grader can tag along?  I don't have the curriculum in my  hands yet, so I am not able to really look at it yet.  My 3rd grader is very advanced in academics, and sometimes I wonder if he gets things better than my older daughter.  Would he be able to handle America the Beautiful?  Or, should I just wait a few years and have him go through it himself when he hits 5th or 6th grade?  My plan is to use ATB for 2 years and then move on to Uncle Sam for a year.

Jennifer

We used ATB for 3rd and 4th and it worked out fine. I'm in the history as read aloud camp, though, and that might have made a difference. The text has lots of somewhat cumbersome dates and "see picture on page 126" type things in it, which makes it a little tricky.

We used ATB for 3rd and 4th and it worked out fine. I'm in the history as read aloud camp, though, and that might have made a difference. The text has lots of somewhat cumbersome dates and "see picture on page 126" type things in it, which makes it a little tricky.