Menu

Need Cookie Sheet Recommendation

Ethel Mertz

I love my aluminum jelly-roll (half sheet) pans from a restaurant-supply store. They're super thick, so they don't warp, and they transmit heat really evenly. I've had mine for 20+ years, and they're still as flat and effective as they were when new. These on Amazon look quite similar.

• Like 6

I love my aluminum jelly-roll (half sheet) pans from a restaurant-supply store. They're super thick, so they don't warp, and they transmit heat really evenly. I've had mine for 20+ years, and they're still as flat and effective as they were when new. These on Amazon look quite similar.

Me too!  Mine were dh's first Christmas present to me when we got married.  I was all set to be miffed at him for such an unsexy gift but then he told me about calling bakers around the city to get their advice on the very best cookie sheets.  Such love!  

• Like 2

Sam's Club carries two-packs of some really nice, sturdy cookie sheets.  They are Bakers & Chefs Brand and made in the USA.  I love mine.

I have some of these and love them. They are jelly roll types with a one inch or so lip. Sturdy, doesn't warp, cooks evenly, and cleans up nicely. We found similar weight ones in a quarter sheet size at a restaurant supply store. Also a handy size.

• Like 2

I adore my Goldtouch pans from Williams-Sonoma, they perform beautifully and are so easy to clean! When DH ruined one over Christmas (he put it down on a hot burner) I didn't think twice about sending him to the mall for an immediate replacement!

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/search/results.html?words=goldtouch&N=4294967267&cm_sp=OnsiteSearch-_-GlobalNav-_-Button&cm_type=OnsiteSearch&typeahead=cat-expansion

• Like 2

I'm still looking for one anywhere near as decent as the one I got after my grandmother died. All the stuff I have from her kitchen has been so good, but nothing better than the cookie sheet. Yet nothing has come close. It's my ongoing lament. Probably if I believed in psychics I'd go see one to drag her spirit from beyond the grave to talk to me about bakeware.

• Like 2

I'm still looking for one anywhere near as decent as the one I got after my grandmother died. All the stuff I have from her kitchen has been so good, but nothing better than the cookie sheet. Yet nothing has come close. It's my ongoing lament. Probably if I believed in psychics I'd go see one to drag her spirit from beyond the grave to talk to me about bakeware.

I have one from my mom's kitchen and another one from a consignment store.  They are thin, shiny aluminum.  They would look a lot like the one in the video if they weren't at least 50 years old.

I also have several of the half-sheet pans.

• Like 1

:w00t: That might be it! That looks so much closer to the famed grandmother's cookie sheet than any other I've seen in the shops! Hers only has one curved end, but otherwise... thin, no stupid airbake thing (my understanding is that this is terribly for crispiness), no edges like a jelly roll pan, no gold, no crinkles, no nonstick coating... For that price, I might need to buy one to find out!

Yea!  :thumbup1:

• Like 1

:w00t: That might be it! That looks so much closer to the famed grandmother's cookie sheet than any other I've seen in the shops! Hers only has one curved end, but otherwise... thin, no stupid airbake thing (my understanding is that this is terribly for crispiness), no edges like a jelly roll pan, no gold, no crinkles, no nonstick coating... For that price, I might need to buy one to find out!

Yea! :thumbup1:

And they're parrot-safe! (The Q&A made me snort.) :)

• Like 1