Menu

10-Day Detox Diet

kwg

My IRL friend did this/is doing this (beyond the 10 day) and has had impressive success in both losing weight and affecting pre-diabetes and fatty liver.

• Like 1

My IRL friend did this/is doing this (beyond the 10 day) and has had impressive success in both losing weight and affecting pre-diabetes and fatty liver.

Did she give up coffee? I feel like he is telling me to  give up breathing ;why would anyone do that?!  :confused1:

I am not sure if it is like the 21 day sugar detox...I guess? only shorter?  This one  looks like it might have specific meal plans.  No dairy.  I am still in the chapters where he is comparing sugar to heroin.  

I am more than a little skeptical about the claims made by detox diet proponents. Frankly, some seem to be a form of socially encouraged and accepted disordered eating. I'd encourage anyone considering it to check out gokaleo.com and other sites that offer a different perspective. Ultimately it is obviously a personal decision but it is often considered in an echo chamber/trend following manner. I do encourage people to look at all sides before deciding.

• Like 4

I am more than a little skeptical about the claims made by detox diet proponents. Frankly, some seem to be a form of socially encouraged and accepted disordered eating. I'd encourage anyone considering it to check out gokaleo.com and other sites that offer a different perspective. Ultimately it is obviously a personal decision but it is often considered in an echo chamber/trend following manner. I do encourage people to look at all sides before deciding.

Wow, I've never seen her site before but I like it a lot.

• Like 2

I will check it out! Thanks!

• Like 1

We did a three month diet following the one in the book Healing the Symptoms Known as Autism. We didn't eat anything from a can, no soy/gluten/dairy/sugar/preservatives/dyes. It was hard but worthwhile to us. Edited to say book is free on pdf:  http://www.healingthesymptomsknownasautism.com/Healing_the_Symptoms_Known_as_Autism_SECOND_EDITION_9780989289023s.pdf

Since then we eat sugar very sparingly, mostly subbing honey, and still skip the rest except sparing use of organic european (if possible) dairy.

We've also begun eating diatomaceous earth daily according to this site:  http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2014/01/diatomaceous-earth-homestead.htmland I think we will be doing that for life. 

My friend brought her chiropractor's ionic foot bath and I used that. I wish I could afford one for regular use. In that line of thinking, I need to order some living clay and begin using it too. 

Following foodbabe on fb has been enlightening!

HTH!

• Like 1

Well, I have finished scanning and all in all it does not seem too crazy I do not think.  Mostly no sugar, whole foods, no dairy or grains.  So- vegetables, fruits, nuts, proteins, and certain oils.  Fiber.  Big on that one.  He also wants one to take a "detox" bath lol.  And has focus questions for the day, journaling, and mindfulness, exercising....It is not anything new new.

I kinda like the black/white eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner.  Lately I have been really watching it (I thought??) but I have not lost anything.  And I am surprised! So either I am not as aware as I think I am or I am eating the wrong things or...?...I am a lost cause lol. 

I am really bad about artificial sugars and he makes it clear in this book that they are just as bad if not worse than actual sugar. Not sure what I think about that yet.  Also not sure what I think about the coffee. Give me something! lol.  

One part I do question is he says it can turn around type 2 diabetes and heal inflammation.  He also compares the food industry to drug dealers which seems a little overkill, lol.  

Walkermamaof4-I will check that one out also! Thank you!

Did she give up coffee? I feel like he is telling me to give up breathing ;why would anyone do that?! :confused1:

I am not sure if it is like the 21 day sugar detox...I guess? only shorter? This one looks like it might have specific meal plans. No dairy. I am still in the chapters where he is comparing sugar to heroin.

She did give up coffee. She did it totally, but she was also highly motivated (scared) by what her dr. Told her.

• Like 1

The word 'detox' automatically makes my BS radar go off.

It does for me too. I would not have glanced at that book but for the IRL friend who was doing it.

• Like 1

I did this one (the 10 day detox) a year ago. It wasn't presented in a way that said my gut needed cleansing from parasites or whatever other detox programs try to sell you on. This was focused on getting off of sugar. I had been wanting to stop depending so much on sugar for months before I got up the nerve to start it. I really needed a crutch to mentally get going on the changes I wanted to make, and this did the job for me. I followed it faithfully for the 10 days. Like I said, it was my crutch! Stopping sugar was a head game as much as anything else for me and I really wanted hand holding. I have told people that there is nothing necessarily groundbreaking in this book, but it was what I was able to use at the time. There are many other similar books and programs out there. I think that finding the one that you are able to stick to is what matters. If I recall correctly the author mentions that the restrictions are pretty extreme for the 10 days and talks about how to see how you feel adding things back in after you are through with the 10 days. I lost 7 pounds over that time and have continued to keep sugar to a minimum in my diet for the past year, although definitely not to the extreme of those 10 days. Since then I have been able to work out what works for me in my eating so that I really ended up with a sustainable lifestyle change.

• Like 2