Menu

Daily Grams Workbook Only?

Hi Everyone,

I have two children who will be in 2nd and 3rd grade next year.   So far, I have combined them in grammar using FLL 1/2.   (They will complete 2 this year.)   Next year I am thinking of switching them both over to IEW Fix-It supplemented with "Daily Grams".  

IF I buy Daily Grams, can I just buy the workbooks for them?   Do I need the answer key / teachers guide?   I am NOT very grammar savvy.  :glare:

Also, as far as placement:  Should I place them both at grade level?   The future-2nd-grader has been combined with her brother until now.  But this may be an easy way to give them something separate. 

The answers are not in the back of the workbooks. If you want them, you have to buy the Guided Review Aiding Mastery Skills book but it includes several pages at the beginning for what is taught and when, how it's formatted, a suggested procedure or routine and a few teaching suggestions.  Then there are pages identical to the pages in the workbook that the purchaser has permission to reproduce.  The answers are all in the back.

It’s a solid spine, so you would have to wrangle the book open, cut the spine off or have a spiral binding put on to make copies.  If you cut the spine off and don’t mid consuming the book, you can hold punch the originals and put them in a notebook. Or you can buy the workbook too.

After Simply Grammar didn't work out for my youngest who is now 9, I opted to buy the grade 3 book and start there as a review since I didn't have access to the book itself from anyone I knew before I bought it.  I think we'll burn through this one fairly quickly.  I may skip things she has mastered-or not.  She really likes it so far, but it's still new, so we'll see how it goes.

Hi Everyone,

I have two children who will be in 2nd and 3rd grade next year.   So far, I have combined them in grammar using FLL 1/2.   (They will complete 2 this year.)   Next year I am thinking of switching them both over to IEW Fix-It supplemented with "Daily Grams".  

IF I buy Daily Grams, can I just buy the workbooks for them?   Do I need the answer key / teachers guide?   I am NOT very grammar savvy.  :glare:

Also, as far as placement:  Should I place them both at grade level?   The future-2nd-grader has been combined with her brother until now.  But this may be an easy way to give them something separate. 

The Easy Grammar Level 2 is a bit different from the other levels, because it takes an all-in-one approach where the instruction is right there with the student worksheets.

We are using this with my 2nd and 3rd graders this year.  I think it is gentle but covers a good bit of ground:  capitalization, punctuation, some beginning grammar concepts, and sentence combining.  It's a great way to "get 'er done" for the 2nd/3rd grade crowd, in my opinion, and something easy to combine for these ages.  I'm sure you are like I am:  anything you can reasonably combine is a beautiful thing!  :)

• Like 1