Menu

Help me find this reading program

weintz8

I'm looking for a reading program that has book lists broken out by grade with discussion and or comprehension questions to go with every book.

I'm not looking for a separate guide for each book. I'm not looking for worksheets or writing assignments.  And I'm definitely not looking for crafts!!

Would a sunlight IG do this?  Do they have questions to go with each book the child is supposed to read to themselves?  I know they have the other stuff also, but if they have what I'm looking for I could just buy and not use what I don't want.

You might want to check out Teaching the Classics from Center for Lit. It shows you how to teach literary elements from any book including children's books. It also has a master list of questions in the back that you can pick and choose from. I also have their reading Roadmaps books that has book lists based on how many books you want to do a year and has lists for all grades k-12.

I don't know if this would suit you, but a low cost investment is: what if the wolf were an octopus? It has two levels I'm aware of, k-2 and 3-4. It's a thin book, with a list of about 30 books each. There are 2 pages of questions per book, ranging from easy comprehension to inquisitive and analytical questions. Books listed are classics and mostly award winners (grades 3-4 list includes Sarah plain and tall, charlottes web, just as a quick FYI; others I can't remember).

It takes us about 5-10 min to answer the 20 or so questions. For example on k-2 Amelia bedilia questions there were questions such as was she a good maid, make up a list for her yourself with careful wording, what would happen if she didn't make the pie, etc. if you're interested I can look up titles, etc.

I don't know if this would suit you, but a low cost investment is: what if the wolf were an octopus? It has two levels I'm aware of, k-2 and 3-4. It's a thin book, with a list of about 30 books each. There are 2 pages of questions per book, ranging from easy comprehension to inquisitive and analytical questions. Books listed are classics and mostly award winners (grades 3-4 list includes Sarah plain and tall, charlottes web, just as a quick FYI; others I can't remember).

It takes us about 5-10 min to answer the 20 or so questions. For example on k-2 Amelia bedilia questions there were questions such as was she a good maid, make up a list for her yourself with careful wording, what would happen if she didn't make the pie, etc. if you're interested I can look up titles, etc.

That sounds great!!  I found it on Amazon for $3.00!!  Does it have answers with it?  I forgot to mention that I need answers or suggested answers,

That sounds great!! I found it on Amazon for $3.00!! Does it have answers with it? I forgot to mention that I need answers or suggested answers,

No. I do it orally after reading the books aloud. The k-2 are picture books that are generally short (frog and toad, stone soup, that sort of book). The 3-4 is the same, so if you're not reading aloud you'd either have to know the story or get a cliff notes version, maybe reading wiki. Those books are generally chapter books (freckle juice, James and the giant peach, the hundred dresses are more examples).

Sorry to burst your bubble :(