Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good Morning...

Wide awake at 4:30am...boy this house is sure quiet.  :D

Today:

• pay the bills
  • restock the house 
  • quick tidy and vacuum main floor
  • pick up dinner --who likes to cook after buying all those groceries and putting them away  ;)
  • read and relax 

Have a great day! 

• Like 2

Good morning!

The kids and I leave today for the beach to be with my dad. I've still had sinus/allergy stuff going on, so I'm hoping it will help me. 

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

To Do:

finish packing

tidy the house before leaving

drive to Florida

get groceries for the condo

unpack

get our toes in the sand and water

• Like 3

No headache this morning :party:

Tomorrow is going to be the first gorgeous, dry, over 60F day of the year. I am going to tell dd that she can have day off from my subjects :D (She'll still have English work and Arabic class.)

So today:

--a nice long walk for exercise this afternoon

--school: math, chem, history, APHG

--daily things

--Wednesday-specific tasks

--mail reimbursement form

--choose pictures for enlargements (we're framing family pictures from past WDW trips :))

--library for the book I forgot yesterday :rolleyes:

--decide on Easter meals

--reserve something for the Alaska trip

--dd ballet 6-8

--read :D

• Like 3

Too busy  Ugh.

rush home (maybe stop to eat lunch)

Definitely stop for lunch - maybe dessert.  

Good Morning...

Wide awake at 4:30am...boy this house is sure quiet.  :D

I love early quiet mornings! It's such a nice way to start a morning.  You might want to pencil in a nap though.  

Good morning!

The kids and I leave today for the beach to be with my dad. I've still had sinus/allergy stuff going on, so I'm hoping it will help me. 

drive to Florida

get groceries for the condo

unpack

get our toes in the sand and water

I'll take your day please and thank you!!  Sounds great!  

Morning!

Done:

Bible

Usual morning stuff

To do:

Dc to school

Work 8-12 and 530-8

Pick up dc and friend's dd

Dc dr appointments at 1

Budget

Bills

Dishes

Supper

Prepare for tomorrow

Email accountant

I wanted to say something positive about your day but you have accountant and doctor on the same list.  I have nothing. :D

Laundry

Take dd to volunteer job

Drop off library book

Read some work related material

A few tasks from Confident Mom planner

Pick up dd from volunteer job

Dd eye doctor

Dinner

Clean kitcben

:thumbup1:

My list for today:

My in-laws are HOME!!!!!    :party:   They've been in Florida all winter, FIL had a major health crisis while there and we're so stinking GRATEFUL to have them home finally that it's crazy.  They got back last night, he has a dr. appt. this morning, then they are spending the afternoon with us! We have missed them terribly.

To Do:

Speak words of encouragment

Write a friend an email

Clean the house because, currently, it looks like I haven't cleaned since they left for Florida.  (Sigh)

Find a physician for Ana and make a dr. appointment for the heart rate thing

Make my checkbook magically balance

Go to the bank

Print Handwriting sheets for Tim, Abbie, and Sarah

Print coloring sheets for Ella, Liv, and Cate

Barton x 3

Go outside and do yard work!! :)  (My folks stopped by with an EXCAVATOR  :scared:  this weekend.  My brother was driving, he brought a friend.  What do four guys do with heavy equipment?  Tear stuff up.  They also removed something like fifteen stumps so I'm VERY glad  :wub:  and my sidewalk (less glad) and so now we have to rake and smooth everything.)

And tonight?  Drywall.

"Buy the house," we said.  "We can do renovations," we said.  "It needs a lot of work," we said.  "It'll be fun," we said.   :p

• Like 5

Morning all! It was nice to wake up after 7am and not because my kids were trying to see how loud they could be in order to get us up. My hands hurt from scrubbing the kitchen yesterday so think I'll take a break from that aspect of cleaning today and stick to organizing.

- call mom and see when I'm picking kids up

- organize pot, pans, etc

- organize coat closet

- wash cloth diapers

- ds kung fu

- continue going through kids clothes

• Like 2

Good morning! I am up and have muffins in the oven for when the girls get back from practice. Then it is school for all, a load of laundry, some cleaning. Hopefully my paper will come soon or I will be reading yesterday's news with lunch.

To do:

School for all

Meetings with high schoolers to look at the end of the semester

School administration

Recruiting stuff

Banking and bills ( I like the "magically" Kelly!)

Quilt

Read

PM practice/aikido

Grocery store during practice

Have a great day!

• Like 2

Happy April!  I have just 2 official deadlines today (that I remember) and a long list of stuff that needs to be done ASAP.  I would love to sneak a nap in (I only got 4 hours last night and definitely needed more).  We'll see.

I'd like to get back to TKD today, but Miss A has still been complaining about her toe, so it looks like it will be only swimming.  Maybe I will walk while they swim.

Today's list:

• Work from 5:45-7am.  [done]
  • Get the kids up & out, including breakfast, lunches.  [done]
  • Take out the garbage.  [done]
  • Clean bathrooms, kitchen, and some clutter.  [done]
  • Wash some dirty rugs.  [done]
  • Clean fridge.  [done]
  • Work until 4:45pm. [done]
  • Take work breaks for:
    • a little exercise  [done]
    • a little reading  [done]
    • a little housework  [done]
    • pack up some donations?  [nope]
    • a nap??  [a very short one]
    • Get the kids started on homework  [done]
  • Kids to swim team.  [done]
  • Dinner, Read-Aloud.  [dinner out; no read-aloud]
  • Assemble kids' new bookshelves?  [nope]
  • Kids finish homework, afterschooling, piano, chores....  [done]
  • Pack kids' bags for Thursday.  [nope]
  • Lay out kids' clothes for Thursday.  [nope]
  • Kids to bed.  [done]
  • Work until midnight.
  • Like 2

Good morning.... Ugh why must Flo visit??? I don't want her!!!! I'm done having little ones so she can just go away!!!!!

- dishes- done

- laundry- in dryer

- fold laundry

- tidy house- round 2 done

- pay bills- done

- get dd1 off bus- done

- order new glasses (I think I'm addicted to Zenna now, glasses are wayyyy cheaper)- done- less than $75.00 with shipping (my lenses alone without anything special cost more than that at Walmart)

- dinner- done

- baths

- bedtime routine

- read

- anything else I get done

• Like 1

I am sitting here [im]patiently waiting for the go-ahead to finalize something online, so I can sneak a nap.  I also just remembered I have a stressful conference call mid-afternoon.  Come on, I just want to disconnect from the world for a little while.

I suppose I should log out of the online program.  Most likely the message I'm waiting for will come the second after I log off.

• Like 2

Happy April everyone!

Been busy this morning

morning chores

took apart woodstove pipe and cleaned it

ran to feed and grain store for assorted pet foods and birdseed

post office to mail a letter dh forgot to put in the box and the mailman had already come

hit CVS on the way home for more allergy meds, one day without them and I already felt it

still need to do school with youngest

figure out what to do with chicken I am thawing for supper

dh got a big paint job that needs to be done fast so I am making chicken salad for hearty sandwiches for him, he'll be working late days to get this done before 'crazy" handyman season coming soon

spent time responding to twitter and FB and every news outlet posting about Avril Lavigne's Lyme struggle to get the correct information out there, lots of the "talking heads" after the video putting out terrible, CDC information.

and, as always, vacuum at some point. ;)

• Like 1

Cleaned out the fridge (too bad I couldn't do it before garbage collection).  Cleaned out the washer since one of the rugs shredded in there.  :/  Ate the healthiest brunch I've had in years.

Wow, we have a lot of fruits in our fridge.  Even after I threw out a whole bag of sad-looking produce.  (I hate wasting food!)  I hope this will motivate me to eat a couple of fruits every day.

Still waiting for the go-ahead on that transaction ....

• Like 1

Well FINally, the transaction is funded.  It's only been 7.5 hours since I started setting it up.  Say, does that mean I only have to do another half hour of work?

Conference call is in 2 hours.  What will happen if I take a nap now?

My children NEVER play with pots and pans. Today they got home and decided they wanted to pretend to bake and cook. Almost everything I organized is now on my kitchen table! How did they know I just spent time on that?!?!?!

On a happier note, someone dh has never met in person sent him a ps4 and 2 games for no reason other than he wanted to.

• Like 1

My children NEVER play with pots and pans. Today they got home and decided they wanted to pretend to bake and cook. Almost everything I organized is now on my kitchen table! How did they know I just spent time on that?!?!?!

I've noticed that phenomenon too.  They notice something is nice and neat and they think it's blank canvas for them to create on.  :P

• Like 1

i hope  you realized that before 3 p.m.  

No, it was more like 3:12 when I realized it.  :/

The result of the call was that I need to do more work.  :/  Oh well, could be worse.  I got it done while the kids played outside, but now people are asking for revisions.

Got the kids to swim team (late) and then I walked for about 50 minutes while they did their thing.  That felt good after a long time of just sitting.  The kids took care of their shower and all that, so they are half ready for tomorrow.  ;)  They are downstairs working on piano and homework.

We're going out for dinner and pie to celebrate the big transaction we closed today.  All in all not a bad day.

• Like 1

Well, it was a pretty good day until I noticed the girls' betta fish is acting really sick.  I didn't want them to be shocked if he turns up floating in the morning, so I told them.  This was after I'd tucked them into bed.  So now they are down there crying with frustration since there isn't anything we can do about it if Mufie is going to die.  :(  They each got a fish in January for Miss E's birthday - their first pet, so it was kind of a special thing.  I know they'll get over it, but right now they don't see it that way.