Menu

Quick! I need your best April Fool jokes for kids!

Alicia64

But nothing on the mean side -- like a rubber band around a water faucet so they get all wet.

I'm thinking friendly like:

making a bowl of Cheerios with milk and freezing it all w/ a spoon it it -- and serving it to them.

That kind of thing.

Any ideas?

Alley

My mom always put notes inside our sandwiches, and switched the salt and sugar. After a few years we caught on, but it remains a beloved tradition. (Just don't Gotcha yourself if you take your morning coffee with sugar...)

I did the sugar/salt switch once when I was a kid. My father was the one who got pranked...and he was NOT AMUSED! It's a sad thing when a person is so serious he can't have a laugh about salty coffee one day of his life. :(

• Like 3

Have you guys seen that kitty litter box cake? It looks pretty gross..... May serve that for dessert 😊

It looks gross but it smells heavenly, which gives it away (although we've had guests that still were too grossed out to eat it - it looked real).

I made it in a new litter box with a new litter scoop, and we ultimately donated the items to a shelter afterwards.

• Like 1

I just made juice-based gelatin in a cup with a straw. I've never played an April Fool's Day joke on DS before but 5 seems like a good age to start :). He loves both juice and Jello so I think he'd be delighted either way.

I'm also going to put a scary, large-toothed dinosaur in the mailbox and ask him to get the mail.

• Like 1

Our best prank was a few years back.  The background is that my boys have particular preferences in what kind of underwear they wear, and it's NOT tidy whities.  And the pranked child is very thin.  

His younger brother and I removed all the underwear from his drawer and replaced it with XXL tidy whities.  

We laughed for days.  He was speechless.  

In the past, I used to make meatloaf, " frost" it with pink tinted mashed potatoes, and told the fam we were having cake for dinner.

My kids used to pull some pranks on me like a rubber band on the kitchen sink sprayer, a cover over the sensor on the computer mouse so it wouldn't work, something with my coffee, and a couple others I can't remember. Good times!

I did the sugar/salt switch once when I was a kid. My father was the one who got pranked...and he was NOT AMUSED! It's a sad thing when a person is so serious he can't have a laugh about salty coffee one day of his life. :(

The salt/sugar thing happened at my paternal grandparents' house in 1955. One brother was the perpetrator, the other was blamed. There is an ongoing dispute between my father and my uncle as to who did what that fateful day. I don't think the truth will ever be known!

DS is looking forward to going to the grocery store and handing the cashier Monopoly money.

We stuffed toilet paper in their shoes so they can't put them on (they haven't tried yet. We leave the house at 4:00, so they'll figure it out then.)

I poured out the body wash and replaced it with water. I hope they notice. If not, I'll have to make them get back in the shower (this will happen in 2 hours.)

I hardboiled the egg that ds12 uses to make his pancakes in the morning. He kept trying to crack it for the longest time. Very funny.

I told my kids I made them brownies and gave them the letter E cut out of a brown sheet of paper. (I then gave them cupcakes because they are better than brownies.)

Yep - I did this, too!  Still waiting for my DD to get home from school and seek revenge!  LOL