Menu

Morning time / Circle time

lauraw4321

I want to do morning / circle time where we go over simple things (calendar, weather) but also do a small Bible story and also work on memory verses.  My "school" aged girls are 4 & 6.  I don't need a curriculum for the first part, but I was thinking that there may be a book or guide for the Bible story / memorization part.  I may just create it, but I was wondering if someone knew of something.  

Bible Study for All Ages!   We love it!   We just started it this year.  http://www.biblestudyguide.com/index.php

OR, you could just as easily read a bible story and do a memory verse.   We did that when my oldest kids were your kids ages.   We went through a nice picture book bible by reading a story a day....then picking up another when we finished.  It was as easy as that.   We used (and still use) Seeds Family Worship for our memory work with bible.  (Although Bible Study for All Ages has memory work too.)  

Another fun add-on for morning time are the Memoria Press Recitation guides.   You can buy them for about 3 bucks for each grade.   https://www.rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?subject=2&category=11278

• Like 1

For memory verses at that age, using Seeds Family Worship or the Rizers is a fun way to do it.  The verses are set to song and are categorized by a theme.  We still love using those as a family.  We also love the Jesus storybook Bible.  The stories tend to be longer, but they always point back to Jesus which we have loved.  I'm using it for my 4 yo right now and its something he really loves to do with me and talk about afterwards.  

Are you doing a broader scope recitation/memory work, or only Bible verses?

You could buy the Memoria Press Kindergarten Recitation plans for only $3, which includes memory work across the curriculum (including Bible verses!).

• 2 weeks later...