Menu

Science based curriculum? OR ZooBooks Curriculum?

Ninanoo

Are there any all in one type curriculum where science is the base? My daughter is reluctant to do anything other then science, although she is good at math. Is there a curriculum out there that is built around science? Edit to add: She is 8 and a slow reader, but we are finally making progress in reading. So yay!

WinterPromise has Animals & Their Worlds for preK-4th grade, and Adventures in the Sea & Sky for 4th-9th grades

Beautiful Feet has The History of Science for 3rd-6th

Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding is fabulous, and could be used as a jumping off point to more studies.

Guest Hollow has several year-long science studies that look really good as well.

My son also loves science.  He's a reluctant writer, and for a while, the only writing I could get him to do was science related!

I haven't found a science-based curriculum similar to the history-based curricula out there, but we have done a lot of science.  I ended up combining Elemental Science and REAL Science Odyssey.  ES is more WTM based in that it encourages readings and narrations, so you could end up doing a lot of writing with ES.  RSO has much shorter readings and lab sheets.  Both also have great supplemental readings lists (as does BFSU, which we also incorporate occasionally) as well as experiments/demonstrations. 

We have tried a few MBTP science units and I wasn't impressed.