Menu

Mulder, it's me

redsquirrel

We got rid of TV a couple of months ago.  For this, I'd almost bring it back.  There has got to be another way for me to watch these, right?  Online or something?  If my dh can go to a sports bar to catch the biggest games, there has got to be a way for me to catch the new X-files!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Ditto. I went to X-Files fan conventions as a kid. Of course, my eldest is about the age I was when I started watching and I won't let her watch that mature of a show yet...but still. I'm excited.

'K, now you are just making me feel old.  I went to one of the very first X-files conventions (only @20 people were there!) and I was... well, definitely NOT a kid. ;)  

• Like 2

We got rid of TV a couple of months ago.  For this, I'd almost bring it back.  There has got to be another way for me to watch these, right?  Online or something?  If my dh can go to a sports bar to catch the biggest games, there has got to be a way for me to catch the new X-files!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't own a TV or have cable and I'm not worried about it. I am sure Fox will stream it starting at midnight the day after broadcasting. The only problem would be if they wanted you to have to sign in with your cable account, but we've never had a problem streaming Simpsons or Cosmos on Fox.

• Like 2

We were excited nerds. My husband was slightly traumatized by the fact that I was watching the original series in grade school and he was watching it in high school and college, though :p

This is not happening. This is not happening.

My favorite episodes were the single story episodes. Home still gives me creeps.

Dh and I have fond memories of watching it on our fuzzy tv because we were too poor for cable.

Ugh! Home was the worst!

I didn't watch the parasite episodes though, except the black oil ones, I cannot handle parasites.

I love that you paired an X-Files announcement with Lucille Bluth!

(DH and I are both looking forward to this. We watched it sporadically in college; the first movie came out the summer we were engaged. We watched it as newlyweds, and baby number four should have the theme music ingrained in his brain as "going to sleep" music because most nights for about a year, we would settle in to watch an episode or two as I was nursing DS3 to sleep. It was fun to watch it straight through. GA was so young!)

• Like 1

ugh, parasites.  To this day not only will I NEVER set a toe in a port-a-potty, but after Toombs, I always look in the toilet before I sit down.

That was one of the x-file rules, though, wasn't it:  Bad things happen in the bathroom

Am I the only hive member who was a member of The Order of the Saint Scully the Enegmatic aka OBSSE ?

and just think of all the new fanfic that will be written, lol.

• Like 2

We are very excited here!!! When my older girls were 10/12th grades, we watched the series together. We got the DVDs from Netflix and it took us 1.5 years to watch them all. I was surprised by how well they held up and I actually enjoyed them more than I did when I originally watched them on TV. The show really had a beautiful flow from season to season. My younger kids are not particularly interested - what's up with that? Even my husband loves the show!

Ditto. I went to X-Files fan conventions as a kid. Of course, my eldest is about the age I was when I started watching and I won't let her watch that mature of a show yet...but still. I'm excited.

Oh, my. 😯

"...as a kid."

I feel old now. 😕

😃

• Like 3

I have been refusing to get excited, because they talked about it before and nothing ever came of it. It does look like they are finally moving forward with it this time though. 

Well, that awful movie came out a few years ago...

I still can't help but get my hopes up.

DH is taunting me.  He just pointed out that now they will be all texting each other.  I might not get to hear her say it in the new episodes.

They wouldn't do that, would they?

You guyyyys...make dh stoooop.  He's teasing meeeeee

I just told him I'm telling on him, and now he's scared

• Like 1