Menu

Anyone near Tulsa?

Pamela H in Texas

Can anyone near Tulsa tell me what areas to consider and which to avoid? Will likely want to put hubby there in May and the kids and I follow after Benjamin's adoption though we'll probably spend a lot of time there inbetween (just have to have judge sign off on it).  

I want to start figuring things like housing, therapies, etc.  Congregation part will be easy as we will go wherever is closest (which would be the same teaching as the next closest, some place in Texas, some place in Canada, or even Zimbabwe...easy that way :) ).  

ETA:  And I guess I might have to change my screen name?  UGH

Hi!  I'm in the area.  :)

You absolutely don't want to be in North Tulsa (anything north of downtown).  Also I'd avoid anything up near the airport and the area of Admiral (1st St) to about 51st between Sheridan and County Line.  

Popular areas are:

Bixby, Broken Arrow, Owasso, South Tulsa ($$$), mid-town/Brookside ($$$), Jenks, Glenpool

I'm not sure if there is a FB group for the Tulsa area (I'm sure there is) but the BA Homeschoolers group would be a great resource as far as getting set up with those things you mentioned.  

An early welcome to the area!!!  

Thank you.  We found a few houses.  Seems the prices there are about what they are in N-NE-E DFW.  That is good.  Seems there is a lot on Craigslist (like suspiciously a lot?).  I wish I had the money to go up there this weekend and explore.  We need at least 5 bedrooms (or four plus an office).  I'd prefer six so Benjamin had his own.

If you need a realtor, my MIL is one.  However, my ILs will be moving to FL in May (that's the plan at least).  But I throw that out there in case you're needing help searching for what you're looking for.  

For a house that size you'll probably have to look in the suburbs.  Most of the homes in Tulsa proper are not that large.  But my profession isn't realty so….  lol