Menu

advise re: dd swimming during her .

Peaceful Isle

Most name brands have a teen/slender/sleek version that is more slender than the other sizes.  I would go with those.  The Kotex in the black box with sparkles, stands out in my mind as what she used in the very beginning. 

• Like 2

I think what I would do is buy a few different types of teen and slim sizes, maybe at least one of the kind with no applicator, and let her try them.  And try walking around with them and doing things at least a few times before the party - but use a pad as well for this because you can get accidents.  That way she can see what absorbency works for her, and what is comfortable.

Tampons don't always work well for yong girls, sometimes they can be uncomfortable, or in some cases the hyman can actually make them impossible to put in, and sometimes they can't get enough absorbency that is also comfortable. 

• Like 3

Most name brands have a teen/slender/sleek version that is more slender than the other sizes.  I would go with those.  The Kotex in the black box with sparkles, stands out in my mind as what she used in the very beginning. 

I think those are also marked "Tween." 

I have a teen who cannot wear tampons at all, and we have tried a zillion brands, so do try now so she can be prepared for disappointment. Other teens are fine from the get-go no matter what brand they try, it just depends. 

• Like 1

I did what Bluegoat suggested. I bought several different types. Applicator, non-applicator, plastic vs cardboard, slender vs regular, etc.  I shared a few helpful hints and told dd to try them out and see what worked/felt best. I told her to let me know if she had questions or needed help. She figured out her preference.

• Like 1