Menu

LC/LCHF people: Are there sweet treats that you make that don't involve chocolate?

ILiveInFlipFlops

I used to make little "chocolates" out of coconut oil, cocoa powder, and liquid stevia, but then I discovered that chocolate gives me very bad reflux. All the LC treats I remember reading about seemed to be chocolate-based. Does anyone make anything that isn't but that still satisfies the momentary sweet tooth?

Thanks!

I made a pumpkin cheesecake on Friday.  I made a crust out of pecans, salted butter, spices, and sweetener, then mixed some cream cheese, sour cream, a can of pumpkin, spices, and some sweetener together in the food processor.  I think I found the original idea on Pinterest, but then I googled "low carb pumpkin cheesecake" and read about 4 different recipes and combined them.

Then I found out I cannot restrain myself from not eating multiple slices of pumpkin cheesecake, which was a huge mistake because as I figured it, each slice had about 260 calories.

There's tons of low-carb dessert ideas on Pinterest.  Once I made key lime fat bombs with key lime juice, coconut cream, and coconut butter.  I'm sure I found that recipe on Pinterest. 

Next time I plan on making "thin mint" ice cream:  http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/