Menu

Homeschooling cheapskates!

4wildberrys

Some sellers say a price, and then state "or best offer", or "make me an offer". I know that I have done that too. I remember I was selling some items a few years ago, and a mom and I decided to swap some books we had, instead of shelling out the money. I was not offended. It was so fun, and rewarding to be able to help another mom out, while getting needed books myself. 

All the seller has to do is to say that the price is final and will not be negotiated. No guilt necessary.

Yes, but some buyers work hard to lay on a guilt trip.

I never have an issue with someone who asks me to lower a price. I can say yes or no. It's the ones who write a paragraph about why I should lower the price and are hateful if I don't. I know I can ignore them, but I'm a softie so it hits me hard.

Mostly I give my used curriculum to the Book Samaritan or sell it locally where folks can see it.

Every year I seem to go through the same process and decide not to sell online. It's just too time consuming and hurtful when all is said and done.

• Like 2