Menu

Are Land's End suits still good??

Moxie

We used to always splurge for LE because of the quality.  But I bought suits two summers ago for 4 girls, plus 2 swim trunks and rash guards for boys.  Only one of the girls suits and the swim trunks held up through the one summer.  Like pp, the girls suits and the rash guards got thin and stretchy after not many wears.  

Are we talking swim suits?  I do agree their quality has declined a bit on some things, but I still shop them.  That said, don't shop without a coupon or some discount and if you need to go into Sears and order from their phone to save the shipping fees. (The reps there almost always have a code or coupon they can hand out.)

Slightly OT - this year, they aren't selling separate tops and bottoms for girls.  They have tankini "sets", which include a top and a bottom.  So if your child needs a different size top and bottom, or you like to have extra bottoms to match a rash guard, you're out of luck.  They also don't have the "mix and match" prints anymore; the different suits have nothing in common with each other.  And they used to have some continuity in their colors and prints from year to year, so if you needed to replace a piece, or wanted to add something to a hand-me-down suit, or expand a "capsule swim wardrobe", you could just buy the piece you needed, but that's gone too.  I think, coupled with the quality issues in recent years, is the end of the legendary Lands End kids' swimwear collection.  Sad.

Slightly OT - this year, they aren't selling separate tops and bottoms for girls.  They have tankini "sets", which include a top and a bottom.  So if your child needs a different size top and bottom, or you like to have extra bottoms to match a rash guard, you're out of luck.  They also don't have the "mix and match" prints anymore; the different suits have nothing in common with each other.  And they used to have some continuity in their colors and prints from year to year, so if you needed to replace a piece, or wanted to add something to a hand-me-down suit, or expand a "capsule swim wardrobe", you could just buy the piece you needed, but that's gone too.  I think, coupled with the quality issues in recent years, is the end of the legendary Lands End kids' swimwear collection.  Sad.

I just bought one in the fall for indoor swimming. I use it 3-4 times a week and love it. It hasn't stretched out or faded a bit and I have to admit, I'm not treating it very well. I just throw it in the washer with all the rest of the laundry instead of handwashing it. 

I have this one - in Navy. $35. Can't beat it!

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-y-back-swimsuit/id_237394