Menu

WTM forum tabs - how many do you have open?

Southern Ivy

How many WTM tabs do you have open at any given time?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. How many WTM forum tabs do you have open at any given time?

2. 2. How many devices do you have WTM tabs open on?

Like most things in my life, I have way too things going on (aka: too many tabs open) when I come onto this forum. It's almost embarrassing. My kid isn't even formally schooled right now and I'm reading about duel enrollment, high school transcripts, and Finland's school reform.
I chase rabbit trails. I find something interesting and I continue digging. Today, that has resulted in 10 tabs open.  :huh: Ten tabs of things that honestly don't even apply to me for many years to come. But, I find it all interesting, so open they stay. 

What about you all? When it comes to this forum are you neat and organized, having only 1-2 tabs open at a time, or are you rabbit chasers with multiple tabs? 

You need more buttons.  I currently have 3 on this computer, probably have 4 spread between different browsers on another computer, then there's the tabs in browsers on my phone and tablet....

You should be asking how many different devices, as well as how many tabs!

• Like 1

So I answered the question posed in the poll.  How many WTM tabs do I have open right now? 1...but then in your first post it sounded like you were asking about all of my tabs, not just the WTM tab...that answer would be 9. :)

Oh, well if it is tabs TOTAL then I really can't say!  See my commentary about number of devices....

I have 10 open on my personal laptop, 6 on my company laptop, and 13 on my iphone.

I'm sure they're all very, very important, too. :laugh:

Edit: I voted/posted before you clarified; if it's just WTM forum tabs, that would be one or two each on my personal laptop and phone. I often have the chat board and an education board open in separate tabs.

• Like 1

So I answered the question posed in the poll.  How many WTM tabs do I have open right now? 1...but then in your first post it sounded like you were asking about all of my tabs, not just the WTM tab...that answer would be 9. :)

Yeah, I meant just this forum. Heaven forbid I have to count tabs not connected to this site! (I have a Well Trained Mind window and another window for other things!)

• Like 1

Only 1 tab and only 1 device.

Me too. I am a tab closer. When I switch devices, I close all my windows unless they are important things I need to do later (like summer camp applications or the contact information for group sales at the Symphony or a breakdown of insurance options for a client). Not saying you ladies aren't important but message boards are always closable, lol.

• Like 1

Me too. I am a tab closer. When I switch devices, I close all my windows unless they are important things I need to do later (like summer camp applications or the contact information for group sales at the Symphony or a breakdown of insurance options for a client). Not saying you ladies aren't important but message boards are always closable, lol.

Well, I have more than one tab open, but only one WTM tab.  I have 6 tabs pinned.  One is my e-mail.  One is WTM.  One is Sparkpeople.  One is Fitbit.  One is Khan academy.  And the last one is a web comic I enjoy which is updated 3x a week because I lose my place if I don't have it pinned.  And there you know much more about me than necessary!  

• Like 1

Mine is that sometimes I'm in the middle of an interesting thread and I don't want to lose my place. Plus, if I close it, I usually can't find the topic again. 

I know, I know. I can follow the thread, but then I'm dealing with email updates. I have that almost clutter free, so I can't mess it up now! :) 

• Like 1

Well, I have more than one tab open, but only one WTM tab. I have 6 tabs pinned. One is my e-mail. One is WTM. One is Sparkpeople. One is Fitbit. One is Khan academy. And the last one is a web comic I enjoy which is updated 3x a week because I lose my place if I don't have it pinned. And there you know much more about me than necessary!

Yup, one WTM tab. Usually.

I have 9 WTM taps open right now but that's because I came back to answer this thread first.  :D

Whenever I come here, I go through all the pages of the View New Content list and right click to open anything I want to read in a new tab.  Then I go back through and read them one at a time. 

I have one WTM tab and one Amazon at the moment.  The only time I really have more than one WTM tab at a time is if I am reading/participating in a hot topic and don't want to lose track of where I am. 

I have two different laptops and a cell phone that are all logged into WTM, but I don't use them at the same time.  It just depends on what I am doing and which device is closest.  I rarely reply on my cell, so if I am going to type out a reply, I will wait until I can grab my laptop to do it on.  

My Internet home page is FB. Then I usually open one tab, and go to the sites I want to visit. I rarely have more than two tabs open (except briefly, as when I want to search something and then come back. When I'm finished searching, I close those tabs.).

I don't like to use my phone to do Internet, other than quickly check FB. I prefer sitting at my desk and using my big ergonomic keyboard and big monitor. :-)

I have 9 WTM taps open right now but that's because I came back to answer this thread first.  :D

Whenever I come here, I go through all the pages of the View New Content list and right click to open anything I want to read in a new tab.  Then I go back through and read them one at a time. 

I thought I was the only one! I haven't been on the boards for a week, so I still I have about 15 tabs to read and close. Crazy, I know!!

I open a bunch at a time and then read them all one by one closing them behind me.

If there is information in a thread that I'll want in the future, I copy the link and save it on my computer. I have a bunch about algebra and preparing for high school and SATs and on and on and on. I can categorize the links and forget about them for now, but they're there when I need them. I do my best not to keep them open for more than a day or two on my ipad or laptop. I've had it where someone shuts down my entire browser and all the tabs are closed without me being ready for them to be closed. Hence, I copy the link and save links to the threads elsewhere.

I only have more than one WTM tab open at a time if I'm following general discussion topics and a thread that I started. Since I don't start a lot of threads and they're never very interesting (well, the cleaning lady one almost got heated, lol), I usually only have one open at a time.

I'm too neat to have more than 1 tab open for WTM. I don't read more than one board at a time so it's not big deal to go back to the forums page and choose the next board I want to visit. Mostly, I keep it open to the Chat board and hit refresh every so often to see what's new.