Menu

Walking Dead 3/22 *tv show spoilers*

poppy

What was up with the balloon? It was so dark on my TV I couldn't understand what Rick was looking at when he saw it (except for the last shot of it).

I also want to say, I'm glad that Deanna didn't appear to believe the coward.  Even with that, who can blame her for burning the sympathy offering from Carol. Good portrayal of mixed emotions from a smart, devastated character.

OMG! I'm still processing. The cat had me up at 5:30, so I just got up and watched. I'm at school now and NOT looking forward to next weekend. 

I think Deanna is smart enough to know that her leadership is at stake and Michonne was smart enough to knock Rick out before he caused more trouble. I think Rick is right, they are so blinded by normalcy that they cannot operate in the world as it exists. I also think he was showing their hand too soon. I think they'll get kicked out. 

The Ws, what is up with them. Part of me thinks they are "M" and Morgan is labeling walkers. The girl in the woods was freaky, I would think it could be Morgan as he wasn't quite sane when we last met him. 

Glen is becoming one of my favorite characters. After all that, he wants to save the idjit that got Noah killed. 

I think Carol is baiting Rick too much. He is obviously teetering on the edge of losing it, or that bus just left. Daryl needs to be there to mediate. 

• Like 2

I have so many questions and concerns. Glen has been built up as such a wonderful, strong character. I'm suddenly terrified for him. The gun that Nicholas dug up, was that the one that Rick tried to hide? And why did he go and get it? I worry he'll try to go after Glen.

Sasha's going to get herself killed. I  kind of think that's her plan, though I think she's got too much fight to let the walkers get her. If something doesn't happen to turn her around, I think she'll probably kill herself.

We saw a bunch of walker torsos back when they were at Noah's family's camp. They also had the W carved into their heads. Someone is out there making walkers and marking them. And they're getting close to Alexandria. Who is it and will they try to attack? Didn't someone say there were more walkers than normal outside the walls?

Rick...I don't even know. Ever since Lori's death he has been very unstable. He's their leader because he always was. He's strong and his background jut makes him a natural leader. Unfortunately, he's been off the deep end for so long, that once back in a "normal" society, he seems even more unhinged.

I understand why Deanna wouldn't want Rick to kill him, as he's their doctor and that is a vital necessity in this world. But at the same time - how could you ever trust a doctor who was getting day drunk and beating his wife? Unfortunately, Rick is right in that they have no idea how to adapt to this new world, but they'll never trust him now. 

We saw a bunch of walker torsos back when they were at Noah's family's camp. They also had the W carved into their heads. Someone is out there making walkers and marking them. And they're getting close to Alexandria. Who is it and will they try to attack? Didn't someone say there were more walkers than normal outside the walls?

There was graffiti at Noah's family's camp: Not Far Wolves. 

I think signs about "Wolves" are piling up quickly.....

I think Carol is baiting Rick too much. He is obviously teetering on the edge of losing it, or that bus just left. Daryl needs to be there to mediate.

I wonder if her goal was to get him to go over the edge........ it's weird. She's so cautious about putting on a Happy Housewife face, why prod the nut with the gun?  It could be as simple as: she just hates the doc that much, and sees her own daughter's experience in Sam.  But still- she smart enough to know what kind of fire she's playing with, where Rick is involved.

• Like 1

Yes, how can they trust a drunk doctor?  On one hand I understand why you'd want to keep a surgeon around but on the other hand what's the point if you can't trust him?  (and wasn't Bob a doctor?  Maybe this would have been him - at least the regularly drunk part - if he had a cushy spot in Alexandria).

I think Carol is working two angles.  All in favor (in her opinion) of their group - getting Rick to be more in their faces and she can keep quiet to the side so she's a surprise "weapon."

That gun Nicholas was messing with, I am pretty sure, is the one Rick had hid.  I hope Glenn isn't killed by such a loser.  If he's going to die it should be more epic.  Nicholas is such a throw away loser to me.

I agree, I think the Ws are the Wolves, whoever they are.  My guess is that the Ws are carved in before the people die.  Like that woman tied to the tree - I think they left her to be found by walkers but carved the W before they took off.  Lovely folks.

There was graffiti at Noah's family's camp: Not Far Wolves. 

I think signs about "Wolves" are piling up quickly.....

I wonder if her goal was to get him to go over the edge........ it's weird. She's so cautious about putting on a Happy Housewife face, why prod the nut with the gun?  It could be as simple as: she just hates the doc that much, and sees her own daughter's experience in Sam.  But still- she smart enough to know what kind of fire she's playing with, where Rick is involved.

I wonder if Carol simply has no room for people who are, um, not decent. I do think she's seeing through her own lens too much, but whether her pushing Rick is intentional or not I don't know. 

I'm actually a little afraid to watch next week. 

I am so worried about the finale. Carol is going to be on Talking Dead and I'm afraid that's bad news. I know Carl was on this week and he's still alive, but it worries me. I love Carol! Even if she lives, who won't? I don't want anyone to die. I hope it's just Alexandrians.

Other thoughts:

Rick is being stupid. I get that these people are dangerously stupid, but a slow takeover would have been better. I wish he'd talk to Deanna more and tell her exactly why she's stupid- tell her about how every time he let someone live (exile) they came back and killed someone. Tell her about how a tank crashed down their safe place, and about the destruction of Noah's safe place. I don't think starting something with the doctor is a smart move when Tara is still critical.

Carol- I don't think she meant to push Rick over the edge and is probably surprised but not too upset that he made his move so soon. 

Jessie- I don't care about her at all at this point. 

Deanna- Does she really think they can exile Rick at this point? She's crazy. Do they plan on keeping the baby or exiling her too? 

Sasha- She needs to get it together before she kills someone. She's no better than Tyreese with his passivity at this point.

I liked Carl and Enid even if it wasn't realistic. The poor kid needs a friend. I hope she's not bad.

I'm scared for Glen too. He and Maggie are happy, he's been all kinds of honorable and smart lately, he's a nice guy...ugh. Please don't die. 

The W's- I don't think they are Morgan. I think they are the new "big bad," whoever that is. 

It reminds me all the way to back to the first season when Rick's partner (forgot his name-Shane!), when Shane used to say coooonstantly that "the rules have changed" and was always ready to kill a lawbreaker and turn Lord of the Flies on everyone.

Now it's Rick who is trying to tell this group that the rules have changed and we need to kill lawbreakers. And just as much as Rick did NOT believe Shane, this group will NOT believe Rick. I don't think there's any way to get them to understand. Even if they hear all the stories about the things Rick's group has gone through, it won't be real to them unless it happens to them. I wouldn't be able to say, "Oh, all right. Kill the surgeon," unless I'd lived through it myself. I wouldn't be able to believe Rick knew what he was talking about. I would be thinking, "those are the rules on the outside, but it's different in here. We can still have the same rules as before in here."

I'm not sure what will happen. If she exiles Rick, who will go with him? Some certainly will, but I think some may decide to stay. Perhaps someone will attack the walled town and everything will come to a bloody head and everyone will be out in the woods together--Rick's group and villagers alike. Maybe they'll get attacked and captured and taken somewhere else. If the W's are carved into regular people's heads and then they're killed and turned into Walkers, then someone has a good supply of regular humans to torment. Where are all these regular humans coming from? Who is gathering them up and turning them into walkers? Whoever they are will probably show up on the scene next week and either attack and scatter the group or attack and try to enslave the group.

Is next week the finale?

Garga, yes, Sunday is the finale and it's 90 minutes. I am just afraid to watch. :crying:  It looks like Rick is on the outside at some point next week, but since it was a teaser shot, I haven't the foggiest idea if he was exiled, is looking for Walkers, or if it was his plan all along to be banished and find the other exiled folks. He was wearing just a white Tee, though, so I doult he was out there in the capacity of the town's constable.

I just don't want another one of 'our guys' to die in the finale. It is getting hard to become involved with the characters when I think they will be killed off so soon. While I thought the last couple of episodes were great, I'm actually on the fence about continuing to watch the show~~ that turning point for me was with Hershel's death... not that he dies, but HOW he died. It just didn't sit well with me. I guess the finale will decide for me if I'll return in the fall (and coming from someone who watched the very first episode as it aired on Halloween night and every eposide since, that's saying a lot!!) If the finale is the end for me, there may be tears for a reason other than a sad episode. Have I said yet that I'm afraid to watch? :crying:

I did not see that coming! Rick really has lost it. When he went back in and told her about the boy asking for a gun, I thought maybe he was just trying to be a decent guy. What was his plan there?? She could be step-mother to his kids and they'd live happily ever after??

I'm glad they are giving lines to Rosita. She's been on awhile and we know nothing about her.

Nicholas makes me nervous. He could easily kill anyone in the group. I'm worried for Glen but Maggie has already lost everyone, surely they won't do that??

What would you do in that situation? The town needs a doctor but they can't sit back while he terrorizes his family. Lock him in a house? And, again, where is he getting all the alcohol??

My guess, based on nothing at all, is that Daryl is going to return pretty soon and everyone is going to forget this issue due to the fear of the W attack.

I've been mulling over this episode while I washed dishes tonight, and I'm starting to wonder if everything that happened in this episode was planned by Rick et al.  First of all, they intentionally show us Glenn taking down some d-bag in about a second a few episodes back so we understand just how badass Rick and company are compared to these people, but suddenly Rick (who is ARMED, ffs) can't handle one drunk wife-beating doctor?  Come on.  

Also, while Crazy Rick is getting the crap kicked out of him, there's a whole lot of standing around watching going on.  I think Carol actually clutched her pearls at one point.  Sasha saw the people running to the fight and didn't look the least bit surprised, nor inclined to rush down there.  Carol couldn't even be bothered to break character.

Crazy Rick reappeared pretty suddenly, too.  He was doing fine for a long time, and suddenly loses his sh*t because of one abusive jerk?  Don't get me wrong, it's horrible, but Rick has certainly dealt with much worse without cracking.  And the way he was talking about not being able to exile anyone because you never know when they'll come back for you makes me wonder if that's his plan.  Why he might want to get exiled, I have no idea, but otherwise the episode doesn't make much sense to me.  I mean, what was the point of all the whispered meetings and super-secret plans if Rick was just going to lose his mind (again) and get kicked out of town?

• Like 1

I've been mulling over this episode while I washed dishes tonight, and I'm starting to wonder if everything that happened in this episode was planned by Rick et al. First of all, they intentionally show us Glenn taking down some d-bag in about a second a few episodes back so we understand just how badass Rick and company are compared to these people, but suddenly Rick (who is ARMED, ffs) can't handle one drunk wife-beating doctor? Come on.

Also, while Crazy Rick is getting the crap kicked out of him, there's a whole lot of standing around watching going on. I think Carol actually clutched her pearls at one point. Sasha saw the people running to the fight and didn't look the least bit surprised, nor inclined to rush down there. Carol couldn't even be bothered to break character.

Crazy Rick reappeared pretty suddenly, too. He was doing fine for a long time, and suddenly loses his sh*t because of one abusive jerk? Don't get me wrong, it's horrible, but Rick has certainly dealt with much worse without cracking. And the way he was talking about not being able to exile anyone because you never know when they'll come back for you makes me wonder if that's his plan. Why he might want to get exiled, I have no idea, but otherwise the episode doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, what was the point of all the whispered meetings and super-secret plans if Rick was just going to lose his mind (again) and get kicked out of town?

You might be on to something. I did wonder why Rick was having such a hard time kicking that guy's a$$.

No, I don't think so, the point of crazy Rick fight was-- to me-- Michonne's takedown.  She had those PTSD flashbacks in the woods and will. not. go. back to that life.  But even Carl was trying to stop Rick.  Interestingly..... Carol did NOT.  She watched coolly.  She sure knows how to maintain a facade.

I don't think the Doc's sudden physical prowess was anything more than them wanting to do their annual bloody Rick fistfight. Seriously, he has one every year.

Rick's gone Shane but, honestly, I think he was there already when he punched that poor innocuous recruiter guy.    I don't think they can  exile him though.  He has kids.  They won't send him out with the baby. Deanna is not enough of a fool to send him out without the baby.  She is in a real pickle.  I do like that they've shown her to be really canny, so she'll really think through all the calculations and not move wildly. ... then again, she just lost her child. 

The prison, the farm, the hospital, Woodbury, .... none of them were as interesting to me as the Alexandria safe zone.  It's a really good season.

• Like 1

The thing is - Rick has been crazy for a long while. We (and the rest of the group) just haven't really noticed because they've been too busy surviving. His crazy has actually been an asset on the outside. But once he's back in civilization, surrounded by weak people who have no clue what the outside is even like...well, suddenly his crazy comes out in full force. Dh and I were discussing the episode last night and I said that Rick has gone full Shane and then some.

So, I don't think it's weird the way this played out - I think it's actually totally in character for Rick to basically show all his cards and get himself exiled. And I do think Deanna would exile him and keep Carl and Judith inside the walls. Isn't that why Enid is alone? She could just have Carol or Glen and Maggie or any of the other families "adopt" Judith. I don't think she fully understands that not only can Rick take care of himself on the outside, he can get back in and take down the whole community. There are still those within the group who will help him to take over - because they know the danger and they want to keep the safe zone safe.

I got my hands on the comics, because I am so worried about the finale that I want to prepare myself. I haven't gotten that far yet, but I need to know what is going to happen. Not that they follow the comics exactly, but still. I have never been so worried over a finale! I don't want to lose another cast member - I feel like there have already been too many deaths this season. I hope it's an Alexandrian and not Glen or Carol or anyone we care about.

• Like 2

What was up with the balloon? It was so dark on my TV I couldn't understand what Rick was looking at when he saw it (except for the last shot of it).

I also want to say, I'm glad that Deanna didn't appear to believe the coward. Even with that, who can blame her for burning the sympathy offering from Carol. Good portrayal of mixed emotions from a smart, devastated character.

The Red Balloon is a french film. I suspect meeting a girl and some envious bullies are on the horizon.

Also, someone on another board pointed out, "They have HELIUM and they are wasting it on balloons?!"

• Like 2

You might be on to something. I did wonder why Rick was having such a hard time kicking that guy's a$$.

Well keep in mind that the not so good dr has been well fed and comforted for the past 2 years while Rick is a skinny meat guy. The dr was considerably bigger than Rick.

In the preview clip it shows Glenn asking Rick if this was what he wanted and Rick says no. Idk. I hope he wouldn't lie to Glenn. Already this group seems divided. Rick, Carol, and Daryl, vs the more desperate to make it work others with Glenn and Michone. I think they all want it to work. But Rick is adament it can't work with them just blending into this group. And I think we will find out he is right. Bc I still think either this town as supernatural luck covering their collassal stupidity or they have a lot more going on unseen that they have not shared.

I think the preacher knows about the wolves. Idk why, but I do. We never did find out why he was leaving his little hidey hole and where he was headed when Rick's crew came upon him. And then that convo with Deanna. I think preacher made a deal with the devil/wolves to keep himself safe.

Nick finding Ricks gun was a twist I didn't expect. So he has been planning trouble from the start.

I'm going to be highly annoyed if preacher and Nick don't end up dead in the finale.

Also in the preview Glenn is gagged and crying. Dang. To me that means maggie is in trouble. Maybe not her, but that's where I leap to.

I'm so glad I haven't read further than the second compendium in the comics. Not that the show is staying exactly on track with it. (Judith and Laurie died trying to escape the prison in it and there was no Daryl to name a few changes.)

I think I'd rather they kill off Rick than Glenn or Daryl. Carol... I'd be more upset for Daryl.

I'm not at all surprised the group isn't reacting to Rick's fight. Remember when Carol was fumbling with her gun when they entered the town and lying about her past? The group didn't even bat an eye. They just rolled with it. They are very highly attuned to each other at this point. They most certainly know when one of them really needs help or not.

No, I don't think so, the point of crazy Rick fight was-- to me-- Michonne's takedown.  She had those PTSD flashbacks in the woods and will. not. go. back to that life.  But even Carl was trying to stop Rick.  Interestingly..... Carol did NOT.  She watched coolly.  She sure knows how to maintain a facade.

I don't think the Doc's sudden physical prowess was anything more than them wanting to do their annual bloody Rick fistfight. Seriously, he has one every year.

Rick's gone Shane but, honestly, I think he was there already when he punched that poor innocuous recruiter guy.    I don't think they can  exile him though.  He has kids.  They won't send him out with the baby. Deanna is not enough of a fool to send him out without the baby.  She is in a real pickle.  I do like that they've shown her to be really canny, so she'll really think through all the calculations and not move wildly. ... then again, she just lost her child. 

The prison, the farm, the hospital, Woodbury, .... none of them were as interesting to me as the Alexandria safe zone.  It's a really good season.

There's an excellent chance I'm 100% wrong, lol.  But it's fun to speculate.

I just can't see them, with so many episodes of whispered plans and undercover Carol, having Rick break down and get kicked out. That wouldn't make for much of a ninety-minute finale, even if the Wolves show up at the end.  And in real life he probably would go nuts over and over again, but on a tv show the audience is only going to want to watch that so many times before they get bored.

Plus they've had so much go wrong lately that I'm clinging to the hope that everything going wrong now is part of some bigger plan. ;)

• Like 1

There's an excellent chance I'm 100% wrong, lol. But it's fun to speculate.

I just can't see them, with so many episodes of whispered plans and undercover Carol, having Rick break down and get kicked out. That wouldn't make for much of a ninety-minute finale, even if the Wolves show up at the end. And in real life he probably would go nuts over and over again, but on a tv show the audience is only going to want to watch that so many times before they get bored.

Plus they've had so much go wrong lately that I'm clinging to the hope that everything going wrong now is part of some bigger plan. ;)

I really hope that IF this was planned, that Glenn, Maggie, and Michone are more in on it than it currently seems. Because as it stands, it sounds like the Grimes clan is going to divide if Rick lied to the others about willing to make this work. They have been willing to follow him to hell and back and for him to not be honest with them seems like a major uncalled for betrayal of trust.