Menu

Why is SOTW not on iTunes or Audible?

well-- I put my cd on my computer, then transferred them to  an mp3 player

I do this too.

To the OP, I always wanted to know why it is so inconvenient to access SOTW. And then, came up with my own answer - Apple wants the publishers to pay them something like 30% of proceeds to them in order to be available on iTunes. I feel that Susan should get to keep all her income from SOTW, so I am OK with the inconvenience these days :)

• Like 2

I bought SOTW1 audio from PHP. I think it just downloaded into a music file on my computer. I then moved it to iTunes because we have iPods. I'm sure though that you could move it to whatever program your MP3 player uses.

I have the CDs for SOTW 2&3 and I did essentially the same thing with those. I loaded them into my computer (on my computer they go straight to iTunes because it's my default player) and then I can move them to an iPod.

• Like 2

My family used to be in the bookstore biz so I completely get why it's not on there... that being said... I wish it were on audible.  I can access it through my phone... and that's what we use for car trips/audio books for the most part.  I wish there was a way to just charge more for it on audible (and itunes...  but that won't work on my ancient computer so I wouldn't know much about it)...  I keep hoping it will get on there because I have limited technology... and the only way for me to listen to audiobooks in the car is through audible... 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies! I get the "why" but I just don't want to mess with transferring cds and everything! Our new laptop has no cd drive so I have to use the external one and transfer and and and.... I just want it to be easy!! Technology makes me twitchy when there are too many steps involved!

I use the Google music player download on my computer to put all my audio on the internet. I downloaded the SOTW audio files, uploaded them to Google Play, and now I can access them from all our devices and Chromecast it right to my TV. As soon as I get an audio CD with any curriculum, I copy it to my music section of Google Play and file away the CD. I'm not very tech-savy but this is pretty easy for me.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies! I get the "why" but I just don't want to mess with transferring cds and everything! Our new laptop has no cd drive so I have to use the external one and transfer and and and.... I just want it to be easy!! Technology makes me twitchy when there are too many steps involved!

You can buy the downloads from PHP, it's really the same as buying them through iTunes.

I completely understand what you mean. I CAN copy the cds to my computer, but audible would just be so much easier! Until my dreams come true I have to go through the steps many have listed above to make it easier for our family to listen.

I love the idea of saving it to Google Play. We aren't an apple family so itunes isn't the issue, but loading the mp3s onto different devices seems irksome. Google Play may be the solution! All devices can access the same content and mama doesn't have to drive herself batty trying to constantly update playlists.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

This this might make things easier for people.   I use Audacity, a free audio software to join tracks together.   It makes using your mp3 player to listen to something originally on CD's easier, since the file count is so much smaller.  Usually, I will put all of one CD joined into one track.   Originally, I was going to join a few CD's together to make the track sizes similar to audible but that requires me to pay attention instead of auto-pilot.