Menu

Oh....my.....

Dmmetler

She's been drawing her ideas all afternoon. I figure if nothing else,she has a bunch of cute graphics to put on her blog as posts, even if the book doesn't come through (or even if it does, since I imagine the book text won't be the same as DD's outlines and ideas).

What's even more cool is how organically this has happened. I couldn't give directions on how to make it happen if I wanted to, because so much has been the case of getting an e-mail (or in this case, a message on FB, because the page for DD's project directs to me) that says "I saw X, and I want to do Y". 

• Like 2

What's even more cool is how organically this has happened. I couldn't give directions on how to make it happen if I wanted to, because so much has been the case of getting an e-mail (or in this case, a message on FB, because the page for DD's project directs to me) that says "I saw X, and I want to do Y". 

Congratulations! What a great opportunity for your daughter!

She can even branch out into conservation themed fiction (a book series based on this book that she will be working on!). Please keep us posted when the book takes shape.

I continue to be amazed at how supportive DD's snake friends are. The author asked about possibly finding some good photos to use to supplement DD's cartoons in the book (for example, DD has a cartoon illustration about a snake using their tongue to scent the air, so finding a photo of a snake doing this behavior, or of snakes in defensive postures to supplement the "how snakes behave when they're scared").  I posted on the snake forum DD is on most-and her breeder friends have opened up their personal collections of professionally taken photos they've had done for their own brochures, websites, etc. A lot of these folks have a range of species, so we'll have a lot to choose from. Without charging for photo rights.

Basically, there are a lot of people who believe in my kid.

• Like 8

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity. It is great to find a supportive environment for your child in their area of interest. When that happens things just seem to fall into place, snowball, and even more wonderful opportunities happen. So happy you have that for your daughter.  :001_smile:

• 4 weeks later...