Menu

Poldark

Word Nerd

Wait, what? Is this on already? I thought it was coming on Masterpiece after the new season of Mr Selfridge. .. ?

I am soooo looking forward to this, as my parents and I watched the previous version way back when I was in high school, and we were so hooked! That was about my favorite Masterpiece Theater ever. Im really hoping the remake lives up to my memory. ..

So if it's on already and I'm missing it, please let me know! !!

I loved the original back in the day.  Glad to hear they are bringing it back again.

I have to admit I watched the first, like 5 seconds of the trailer, and started squealing - OMG, is that POLDARK??!!  I think my kids were a bit worried about me...

I have no idea who I managed to realize that's what it was in so short a time with different actors and just a few seconds of trailer.  Apparently I am a huge dork. 

Poldark. :001_wub:

I will probably wait, though, to watch it till it comes on Masterpiece, as it's coming fairly soon, and I'm also very much looking forward to Season 3 of Mr. Selfridge. :)  I've waited like 30 years, another few weeks won't matter. :D

• Like 3

It's available on the BBC iPlayer site. You can only access it if you're in Britain...or if you use a free browser extension like Hola. https://hola.org/?utm_source=holaext :leaving:

I haven't seen it yet. Please tell me they don't dub modern music over it like they do in the trailer!

No, it doesn't have that type of music. I don't know why they did that in the trailer.

It's also at Simply June.

I am soooo looking forward to this, as my parents and I watched the previous version way back when I was in high school, and we were so hooked! That was about my favorite Masterpiece Theater ever. Im really hoping the remake lives up to my memory. ..

I absolutely adored Poldark as a little girl, and found time had not diminished his appeal when I watched the DVDs a couple of years ago. I don't think any remake could improve upon the original, but it will be fun to see!

I disagree. :) But I've never seen the original so YMMV.

Well, if it turns out to be a dud, we can all go back and watch the original.

I actually saw a small snip of it (recently) and it seemed a bit dated.  I was wondering how a period movie could seem dated, but I think it was maybe the camera angles (more fixed than they now) and the pacing (short clip, again, so maybe I mean more how long a shot lasts before changing?)

But... I would hope that if I watched the whole thing the story line would hold up.  I really loved that show when I was a teen.  As i said, I squealed when I saw a new version was coming out. 

Anyway, in case we need it, here's the original on Amazon Prime. :D

• Like 2

I am going to start watching it ASAP.  I looooooove the guy who plays the lead. He was absolutely fantastic in Being Human. It is available to stream on Netflix (being human UK).  It was seriously one of the best TV series I have ever seen and he was just amazing in it.

and...he is smokin hot, so that helps, lol.

His hair has a twitter account, lol

• Like 5

I am going to start watching it ASAP. I looooooove the guy who plays the lead. He was absolutely fantastic in Being Human. It is available to stream on Netflix (being human UK). It was seriously one of the best TV series I have ever seen and he was just amazing in it.

and...he is smokin hot, so that helps, lol.

His hair has a twitter account, lol

Thanks for the suggestion! I just watched the first episode of Being Human, and it is now my favourite show! :001_wub:

Thanks for the suggestion! I just watched the first episode of Being Human, and it is now my favourite show! :001_wub:

dh and I seriously adore that show. It ended up being more than the sum of its parts, if you know what I mean.

I tried to watch the US version and I just didn't get attached. I honestly tried to keep the two separate and appreciate the US one for what it was, but maybe I should have given it more time between versions. It is the same writer.

• Like 1