Menu

VENT: A really hard day

Today has been a really hard day. DD has been a grumbly, whiny, perseverating mess all weekend. She practically woke up having a tantrum this morning. She and 3 year old brother got into a fight and she shoved him hard off the bed onto the floor. He's ok, thankfully. I lost my mommy patience at her and yelled a little too much, took her iPad and sent her to her room. I gave her her evening meds early with some Tylenol, just in case she has pain which is causing the behavior. She seems to have calmed down. Since the meds worked, now I feel bad I yelled at her. That's not my usual strategy...I just lost it for a min...

Ugg, I need a vacation.

:grouphug:   We all lose it sometimes - nobody's perfect.   You're still a good mom!!  You even recognized that it could be a pain causing the behavior, and took an extra step to help her in case that was true.   That's awesome!

I'll join you on that vacation. 

• Like 1

:grouphug: We all lose it sometimes - nobody's perfect. You're still a good mom!! You even recognized that it could be a pain causing the behavior, and took an extra step to help her in case that was true. That's awesome!

I'll join you on that vacation.

And.............it's my fault. She's continued to have a hard time. After speaking with her teacher at school 3 times throughout the day, I decided to switch her AM and PM risperdal doses. 2 weeks ago her dr switched her to .5 mg am and 2 mg pm. Before it had been 1 and 1. So, I got out her pill sorter. Know what I've been giving her? .5 mg AM and 1 mg PM. #mommyfail

At least you're able to correct the mistake. Glad it seems to only be a meds issue and not a what-new-problem-is-rearing-its-ugly-head-now issue.

:zombie:

...And you're still a good mom. :001_smile:

Thanks! I'm sure this is my karma for the last thread I posted about how she was doing so well :/