Menu

CAP W&R Placement or something else

mymommy1

My soon-to-be 10 year old son is on the downhill side of "fourth" grade.  I'm looking to start more formal, organize LA with him.  He is beginning to make progress in AAS with works and dictation, but other than that, he has had little formal grammar or writing.  Lots of narration practice, though.

Is there a placement guide for CAP W&R or do all start with Book 1?  I'm concerned Fables will be too boring for him.  Does anyone have other recommendations for a bright kid who reads well, but dislikes school and is easily bored? 

I would recommend starting with Fable also.  It's really a "go as deep as you want curriculum".  If you use R&S English you should be fine in Fable.  Really the only think they talk about is identifying nouns and adjectives.  I

• Like 1

My son is in fourth grade and also your son's age. Fable hasn't been boring for him at all; in fact, he really enjoys it because the work is varied and entertaining. I would start in Fable if you don't if your son doesn't have any previous formal writing experience.