Menu

On a lighter note...i have a GC to Ulta..what should I buy?

Halcyon

Now that I've posted a kitten thread, I think a makeup/skin care thread will help get everyone moving in the right direction ;)

I have a GC to Ulta that I've had forever, and I am thinking of going today to pick up some skin care stuff. I am thinking about Tarte Self-Tanner, simply because with the RetinA i am now on, my face is going to get paler than my body LOL. I have a Vitamin C Serum that I like, an eye cream that I like.....maybe a good face moisturizer that won't break me out and that doesn't have any fragrances or chemicals? Thoughts?

TIA. Happy Saturday, all.

Do you wear makeup?? I really want to try some nice high-end eyeshadow but I can't justify the $50 when I own an entire drawer full of shadow. I have a problem.

What do you do with your hair? I'm also lusting after a high-end flat iron.

Champagne tastes, beer budget. It's a problem.

• Like 1

I don't have a specific moisturizer recommendation, but have always heard good things about Philosophy's. Personally, being spring now, I would go for a nice nude pink gloss! I love the newer Bareminerals creamy glosses, and I'd also like to try the Pop of Passion balm stains.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod11131121

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod12091185

For bronzer/contouring I've been loving this Tarte palette I recently picked up!

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod11771017

• Like 2

Do you wear makeup?? I really want to try some nice high-end eyeshadow but I can't justify the $50 when I own an entire drawer full of shadow. I have a problem.

What do you do with your hair? I'm also lusting after a high-end flat iron.

Champagne tastes, beer budget. It's a problem.

I don't really wear makeup. A little BB cream, some mascara and lipstick. That's it. I seem to be eye-shadow challenged. I always look like a raccoon.

My hair is super oily, so I have to be very careful with what i put in it. I have a flat iron, but am usually too lazy to use it LOL. I have a Birchbox subscription, so get to try out a lot of products, but only a few work for me. 

One lipstick i just received that i LOVE is called Mirenesse. I wonder if they sell it. 

• Like 1

Have you tried Hydraluron by Indeed Labs? I think Ulta's even having a sale on that brand right now, so it's good timing. It's not a moisturizer per se because you still need to put a moisturizer on top of it, but maintains hydration so well, and makes moisturizer more effective. 

• Like 2

okay, got the hydraluron gel as mentioned above, and really, really wanted to buy Philosophy Hope In A Jar Night, but decided to try Cerave PM as it was 1/3 the price. I also got the new Benefit RollerLash mascara which is really great. Pricey, but great. 

Thanks for all the suggestions!!

• Like 1