Menu

OMG which one should we choose? Kitten cuteness

Halcyon

Never take just one kitten unless you already have a cat at home. Two or three so they entertain each other is good.

I've heard people say this before, but I've had cats for nearly 50 years now and I've never had more than one at a time until two years ago, when we were adopted by a stray (in addition to our long-term kitty). It never seemed to be a problem at all - having two has actually been more of a problem, because they aren't thrilled with each other! 

I'm sure it means that the kitten pesters the humans more for entertainment, but isn't that half the fun? 

• Like 1

We have a cat :)

A male tabby named Cody who is aloof, except at night when I get in to bed to read my book. Then he comes up next to me, permits himself to be petted for about 10 minutes, and then leaves.

Then get a boy. I think same gender pairs tend to bond better outside of littermate pairings.

Stefanie

I like Pop, the calico.

Me, too. 

If I had to pick only one, I'm a sucker for a calico.  And orange kitties, so I'll have to him, too.  And the other orange one because he'll be lonely if I don't.

• Like 3

I don't even need a picture.

I'm a total sucker for calico/torti cats.

I'm a sucker in general for critters. That why I have so many in the house. But my entire family steers me away when they see a calico/tori before I do.

Yes! I once got a cat simply because she was a calico. I had no intention of getting a kitten until I heard there was a calico in the litter. I told the owner she was mine, sight unseen. She was a sweetie who lived to be 15 years old.

I'd have way more critters if dh was more of a sucker. Actually ds and I both would bring home more. Dh is a bit of a sucker but he's much better at saying, "No, we have enough pets." than ds or I ever will be.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We ended up adopting Crackle. DH was adamant that we only adopt one.

And then we got Crackle home. And he thought Crackle looked lonely....

Guess who went back to the shelter the next day to adopt Pop? :) Now they're cuddling next to me on the bed.

Oh, and we renamed them Chili and Pepper.

• Like 22