Menu

Just need to rant.

We bought a fixer upper RV. We have been slowly fixing it up over the last month or so. We are not done. There was some delamination on one side that we need to fix. Little background...

We live in a rental and where this rental is situated on the property be can't drive up to the actual house. The property is kind of wedge shaped and the garage is at the point and the house at the back. The garage is over 100 feet from the house. The drive way has a "bump" to get over. It's like an uneven shoulder but higher. Needles to say we can't get the RV up the drive way because the back of it scrapes the ground and if we go to far the black water line will beak.

So we have it parked on the road above our house. Our house is butted up against a hill that was carved out to fit the house and a road goes along the top of it. I don't know if you can visualize it but that is what it is. The RV was parked on the right hand side of the road, there is plenty of room there while we did a few things.

Well yesterday, since it was FINALLY, nice enough to get some stuff done we decided to tackle the delamination. If you haven't ever done it this takes much glue, sweat, a few cuss words (that is mandatory I think) and as important as the glue... bracing. We have to push the side of the RV in to set the glue.

We took the RV and parked it on the left side of the road as close as we could get to the hill and are using the hill as a brace. The is plenty of room on the right hand side to get around. Oh, let me say that there is only ONE house past us. They have been building a house for the last year.

Back tot he RV, once the glue is in it needs to be braced until the glue is set. This can take a few hours. The people that live up the hill are now asking us to move our RV because the construction crew needs to bring stuff up. They were able to get by just fine yesterday. We still have delamination to deal with today. It is going to rain tomorrow. We have the window out of the RV. Rain int he RV will be bad. Very bad. That is why there was delamination in the first place. Water was getting in from around the window.

I told this to the construction guy yesterday. We can't move it until the delamination is done. I saw the rig with construction materials and a fork lift get past the RV just fine. It just isn't a straight shot.

The TWO days we want to do this and they want to bring up a bunch of stuff. It's been a few weeks since they have brought anything up. Now I have this pressure on me to get the RV moved and we still have work to do. I guess I just don't feel like I need to move it if they can get around it.

Bah... now I don't know what to do. Thanks for listening.

So we have it parked on the road above our house. Our house is butted up against a hill that was carved out to fit the house and a road goes along the top of it. I don't know if you can visualize it but that is what it is. The RV was parked on the right hand side of the road, there is plenty of room there while we did a few things.

Well yesterday, since it was FINALLY, nice enough to get some stuff done we decided to tackle the delamination. If you haven't ever done it this takes much glue, sweat, a few cuss words (that is mandatory I think) and as important as the glue... bracing. We have to push the side of the RV in to set the glue.

We took the RV and parked it on the left side of the road as close as we could get to the hill and are using the hill as a brace. The is plenty of room on the right hand side to get around. Oh, let me say that there is only ONE house past us. They have been building a house for the last year.

Back tot he RV, once the glue is in it needs to be braced until the glue is set. This can take a few hours. The people that live up the hill are now asking us to move our RV because the construction crew needs to bring stuff up. They were able to get by just fine yesterday. We still have delamination to deal with today. It is going to rain tomorrow. We have the window out of the RV. Rain int he RV will be bad. Very bad. That is why there was delamination in the first place. Water was getting in from around the window.

I told this to the construction guy yesterday. We can't move it until the delamination is done. I saw the rig with construction materials and a fork lift get past the RV just fine. It just isn't a straight shot.

The TWO days we want to do this and they want to bring up a bunch of stuff. It's been a few weeks since they have brought anything up. Now I have this pressure on me to get the RV moved and we still have work to do. I guess I just don't feel like I need to move it if they can get around it.

Bah... now I don't know what to do. Thanks for listening.

Who owns the property where the RV is currently parked?  

If it is a public roadway I wouldn't stress. When we moved we asked our neighbors to move their car which was parked on the street partially in front of our house so the movers could get in easier. They explained why they couldn't (car was currently non functioning) and we worked around it. There is no obligation to move and if I they can get around fine. You don't have to accommodate their desire for greater ease.

Don't feel badly, the situation is what it is, when the weather got nice they wanted to work and you wanted to work and they can work around you a little bit. There is no reason to move it if they really can get around you, and even if they couldn't, you have as much right to get your work done as they do. Be sweet but firm.

• Like 1