Menu

Weight loss/food tracking/support sites?

ILiveInFlipFlops

Is there anything that has the huge selection of foods that SparkPeople offers but a less chaotic interface? I find SP so overwhelming, and it's hard to find what I'm looking for there, but I love how easy it is to track my eating there because there's so much community input. Is there a SparkPeople Premium that I could join to get rid of the ads, at least? 

I was looking at LoseIt! Premium, and I'm willing to pay the $40 for the membership (some of the features I want are premium-only), but not unless I can have some kind of trial or at least see what the premium offers me and what the interface looks like. Does anyone know if they do a trial or whether I have the ability to cancel and get my money back?

What else do people like and find useful?

Thanks!

I use the free version of Loseit. I do not think the premium would be worth it. I found the app on a smart phone easier to use than myfitness pal in some respects but my fitness pal does have a bigger data base for foods so sometimes I get the data from MFP and enter into my Loseit app. Most foods I can scan though and once you have a lot of your foods entered it becomes easier. You can even scan in a whole slew of stuff in your refrigerator and pantry and at the store as if you were eating it for a meal and then delete them for that meal but they would still be saved in your database for future use. You could use forums for free on spark people and myfitness pal too.

• Like 1

I use the free version of Loseit. I do not think the premium would be worth it. I found the app on a smart phone easier to use than myfitness pal in some respects but my fitness pal does have a bigger data base for foods so sometimes I get the data from MFP and enter into my Loseit app. Most foods I can scan though and once you have a lot of your foods entered it becomes easier. You can even scan in a whole slew of stuff in your refrigerator and pantry and at the store as if you were eating it for a meal and then delete them for that meal but they would still be saved in your database for future use. You could use forums for free on spark people and myfitness pal too.

My cousin suggested Lose It.  I started using it but did buy the premium on Black Friday or cyber Monday.   Still, I don't know if I really needed to spend $20 on premium or if I could have kept the basic with the same perks.

It's a good program.  I've heard good things about MFP too.

• Like 1

Love My Fitness Pal - just started tracking food again. it'll also track steps for you either from a phone or fitbit or other tracking device. (I don't think the phone steps are very accurate though - I was informed I took 500 steps total today after walking all around an outside shopping center and playing football with DS).

• Like 1

Love My Fitness Pal - just started tracking food again. it'll also track steps for you either from a phone or fitbit or other tracking device. (I don't think the phone steps are very accurate though - I was informed I took 500 steps total today after walking all around an outside shopping center and playing football with DS).

Oh, this is interesting! I didn't know MFP could do that, and I do have a Fitbit. I'll have to take a closer look. 

Thanks everyone!

I tried both MFP and SparkPeople for tracking, and I didn't like MFP as well. I couldn't figure out how to save favorite foods, so I was constantly having to sort through other folks' entries for foods. In Sparkpeople, I have a hundred or so foods that I've added to my favorites list, and 95% of what I eat, I can enter straight out of that list, which makes tracking much faster and easier because I know all those entries are reasonably accurate. I do read the forums on MFP (can't stand Spark's community features) but track on Spark. AdBlock on Firefox takes care of the ads for me, and also I use the app on my phone for most tracking.