Menu

If you make your own almond milk...

StaceyinLA

For a recipe I throw a cup of raw almonds into the vitamix. Then I add 3 cups of water. Blend until smooth. Sometimes I add a little vanilla.

To strain it I use a linen vegetable bag. I hold it over a large glass bowl and milk the bag.

• Like 1

Well that's about what I'm doing right now. I just hate that I have to have the milk running all over my hands. I was hoping for a cleaner option. (and I don't actually care about it getting on me, just that my milk isn't as clean because it has run over my hands first)

For a recipe I throw a cup of raw almonds into the vitamix. Then I add 3 cups of water. Blend until smooth. Sometimes I add a little vanilla.

To strain it I use a linen vegetable bag. I hold it over a large glass bowl and milk the bag.

Well that's about what I'm doing right now. I just hate that I have to have the milk running all over my hands. I was hoping for a cleaner option. (and I don't actually care about it getting on me, just that my milk isn't as clean because it has run over my hands first)

We do just as kewb but my bag is muslin.

I use a strainer on a mixing bowl that I line with the muslin bag. That way I don't come in contact with the milk. Once it has strained through pretty well we tie the bag and suspend it from a cabinet handle to drip/strain the rest of the way. 

I haven't done it large scale, but I always soak the almonds overnight. It leaves very little meal behind. I know some people don't bother to strain it when the nuts are soaked.

I just do it when I run out of almond milk. I soak the almonds overnight, then I use the soaked almonds in a smoothie. I've never found any bits.