Menu

Well-Trained Mind Online Conference Series!

Susan Wise Bauer

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Phooey! I did not pay attention to the directions (or saw them only after the fact) and just paid via Paypal, even though it says for International folks only. I am in the US. Paypal already sent my receipt. Hopefully, I didn't create a problem at the WTM end. Mea Culpa.

Did anyone attend yesterday's AOPS session? How did you view the session? Which link did you use?

When I signed up, I thought those of us in other timezones could catch up on the recorded session later.

Now when I go to the WTM Conference web site, I cannot see any link to view the recording.

It looks like the date is May 19th, so it hasn't happened yet unless I missed something.

• Like 2

It looks like the date is May 19th, so it hasn't happened yet unless I missed something.

Yes, thank you! Now I feel like an idiot! I'm glad I didn't use the Contact Us form to ask this question.

• Like 1

AAAaack!

I am usually mobile, and just became aware of the conference series today. 

And AOPS/Richard Rusczyk is sold out!! :(

I wouldn't have been able to participate, as it will be taking place right at mid-bedtime here, but I so wanted to watch the recording.

Anyone know if it will be available? I only wonder as it's a free seminar.

When it says, Sessions will be taped for attendees who may miss the live presentations, does that mean that everyone gets a digital copy of the presentations to keep?

A one-time workshop has different value than a recorded workshop that I can go back and listen to again and again. :) But I understand if it's not intended to give everyone a digital copy.

Help.  Am I missing something?  How do I now sign on to listen to my conference this morning?  I have an acct. on conference page, got e-mail saying I had registered and paid (back several wks. ago) but there is nothing that leads me to the conference session.  I sent a message last night through conference page but don't have a response yet.  Conference begins in 2 hrs.   Is there something I am not seeing or doing?

Thanks for your help.

Denise

Help.  Am I missing something?  How do I now sign on to listen to my conference this morning?  I have an acct. on WTM Academy, got e-mail saying I had registered and paid (back several wks. ago) but there is nothing that leads me to the conference session.  I sent a message last night through WTM Academy but don't have a response yet.  Conference begins in 2 hrs.   Is there something I am not seeing or doing?

Thanks for your help.

Denise

The academy and the conferences are separate. The first conference doesn't start for another day, from what I can see.

Hi, Denise--links to today's session went out this morning. If yours didn't show up, email books@welltrainedmind.com and we'll make sure you get a duplicate!

Because this is the first day, the links went out very close to the session start--links for later sessions will be sent at least a day ahead of time.

SWB

The academy and the conferences are separate. The first conference doesn't start for another day, from what I can see.

Thank you for responding so quickly, Rosie. 

The conference on Teaching History through Fine Arts begins today, 4/30 at 11:00 a.m. (10 a.m. my time). 

Yes, the Academy is separate.  The conference page says "sponsored by WTM Academy" with the logo and I just took that to reference the page.  I should have said on the conference page instead.  Thank you pointing that out.  I see how that is confusing and I will correct my post. 

Do you know how I log into the conference?  When I sign in to the conference page, it only gives info. on registering, shows that I paid and so on.  No link or any options to actually enter the conference.  Any ideas?

Denise

Hi, Denise--links to today's session went out this morning. If yours didn't show up, email [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script> and we'll make sure you get a duplicate!

Because this is the first day, the links went out very close to the session start--links for later sessions will be sent at least a day ahead of time.

SWB

I sent you an e-mail, hit the send button and then, there was the e-mail w/the webinar link.  Thank you!  Ignore my request for a duplicate. 

Denise

I will be missing many (most?) of the conferences that I have signed up for, and will need to view the material on my own.

I've searched but not found info on the archived material - how long will it be accessible?

Thank you!

Thank you for organizing this!

Just attended prof. Carol and I'm glad to get the chance to get a feeling of her teachingstyle before buying expensive items ( and shippings to Europe, and custom charges to get it delivered)

What a enthousiasm she has!

I'm looking forward to the others!

I will be missing many (most?) of the conferences that I have signed up for, and will need to view the material on my own.

I've searched but not found info on the archived material - how long will it be accessible?

Thank you!

Same here.  Has anyone been able to access the recorded version?

The archived recordings will be available 3-4 days after the live sessions. (It takes us a little while to process and store them.) They will remain available until at least the end of the summer--you watch by logging in to your WTM Online Conference account.

hope that helps,

Susan

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. You should have received a few emails?

ETA it is being recorded, no active questions so far, don't let it stress you.

Thank you. I haven't received any emails. :(

I hope I will get to view the recorded session in 3-4 days.

I know this is lame, but I signed up I signed up to get info. about upcoming events and didn't get a reminder of the problem-solving lecture and missed it. :( I just assumed I'd get a notice to remind me it was coming up and to register.  I filled out this:

Signup for more information! Enter your name and email to get notification of upcoming events.

I'll know better for next time though. 

I got notification last night (I'm in Australia) and again this morning a couple of hours before the session, so the system is working very well for some of us.  Unfortunately, I missed the session so I'm patiently waiting for the taped version......

D

• Like 2

I got notification last night (I'm in Australia) and again this morning a couple of hours before the session, so the system is working very well for some of us.

Now I wonder if I am not registered correctly! :(

I wish they would reply to my email.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to clarify, although it might have been stated somewhere already--  Every single session will be archived to watch later and they will be available through the summer?  Will it be a "watch one-time only" link or will they just be up until they are down?  Just want to make sure before I purchase. 

Also, will I be able to watch them on an iPad?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much to those who have been joining us for the online series, and please forgive the slow responses to email! We essentially launched this after about 48 hours of thought, and we didn't staff it properly--or realize how popular it would be. We're already planning our 2016 summer series, and we'll be taking on some more hands to answer questions, deal with stray emails, and all the other customer service stuff that we're having trouble keeping up with.

So, thank you for your patience. Please plan on joining us next summer. And if you have speaker requests, post them here. :)

SWB