Menu

How much would you pay/tip/give?

indigomama

My DD is turning 5 on Friday, and she is obsessed with horses. I thought she would have so much fun with a surprise trip to a farm to ride horses. I am still fairly new to our area. So, I asked a friend who is from the area and has lots of contacts if she knew anyone who would let us ride. She found a family friend, who has a kid-friendly horse that will let us come ride. The friend said her kids are grown, but she really enjoys sharing her horses with kids who would appreciate them.

So, my question. She didn't ask for anything, but I'm wondering what I should give/tip her for her time and efforts? Should I bring a little gift, maybe flowers/plant or food, or just give her some money? If so, what or how much? 

How neat. It is hard with so many dietary things now but a dozen cookies or something might be welcome too.

Make sure your daughter brings a bike helmet in case they don't have a riding helmet small enough for her. Also OLD clothes and boots if she has them or at least tennis shoes...no sandals, croc, etc.

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions! So, no one thought I needed to bring money, I was kind of wondering if that'd be offensive. But I will pick up a little spring plant and bring a thank you card. 

And Ottakee, thanks for the tip about a bike helmet, I'll bring one just in case. She will be getting new boots for her birthday. She loves her cowboy boots!

That is really neat.  If you have a chance to call ahead and ask the owner, the horses might be allowed an apple or a few carrots.  Not all horses though can have treats so ask first.

It is always neat to share horses with someone that has never ridden before or had much exposure to horses.