Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have run my errands and I have run out of steam.

Unfortunately it's too late to nap and too early to go to bed.

DD15 and I did two laps around our street earlier, though the pace was only slightly faster than a stroll.  I also washed bedding and remade the big bed, and these activities, combined with apparently SOME effect of weather, have knocked out my knees again.  I sent DH to drive DD12 to Aikido.  I'll make him cook supper tonight, too -- I have a decent steak for the grill.  The girls can fix a veg or two to go with it.

DH will have to fetch his own extra blanket out of the dryer, and put his own pillowcases on his pillows.  My knees refuse to do any more.

*sigh*

Now I have the Zombie song stuck in my brain.

I would, except I couldn't figure out which tune.  My brain keeps trying to use the "If I Had a Hammer" tune, and it's not quite working.

How is it already supper time? Today has been a runaway train I haven't been able to get away from.

:grouphug:   Pesky train.  Stop following Prairie!

So is mine!

And now, because of a lengthy explanation I forced out of him, I know what being a mechanical engineer means. :D

Yeah, the dude thought he was going to get away with just saying a few token remarks and drop it. Ha! He don't know me. Well, now he kinda does.

• Like 2

Okay, many and disparate things. Gotcha. I was wondering why YOU had to take a shower when it was DS12 who was clearing the room. He took a shower, too, right?

:D It was due to ds12's throwing up that no one would allow near. He's not smelly, at least not right now. :D

And he's not running a fever which seems weird to me, but maybe not. He rarely gets sick.

• Like 3

How's your bow?

Tested it out and the verdict is wishy washy. I can make it play without any weird bouncing or wobbling or noises or vibrating or yanking or sound variations. BUT the stick wants to bend out to the right in an uncouth manner and will not remain straight over the hair - like an extra cheap "shame on you for even selling that violin-bow-shaped-object" from Amazon.

I still love it, even with dementia, but it will have to be replaced.

Tested it out and the verdict is wishy washy. I can make it play without any weird bouncing or wobbling or noises or vibrating or yanking or sound variations. BUT the stick wants to bend out to the right in an uncouth manner and will not remain straight over the hair - like an extra cheap "shame on you for even selling that violin-bow-shaped-object" from Amazon.

Sorry that you can't use your bow.  :(  Could you display it?

• Like 3

I'm sorry.

And now, because of a lengthy explanation I forced out of him, I know what being a mechanical engineer means. :D

Yeah, the dude thought he was going to get away with just saying a few token remarks and drop it. Ha! He don't know me. Well, now he kinda does.

Feel free to ask him more!  I can be go-between until we come round to see you again.   :laugh:

• Like 1

Ds is more set on a mechanical engineering degree. I'm going to get my eccentric Commander Caractacus Pott after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know, we actually do sometimes have things around here that go "chittychittychittychitty" and sometimes BANG BANG!

• Like 1

Thunderstorm. Libby is a quivering mess when wouldn't let us leave without her. So we're taking her on our pick up run for takeout and getting Ds from work. Now it raining in sheets. A real Texas gully washer. Or perhaps it's a frog strangler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Poor Libby.  FIL's horse, Stormy, doesn't like thunder either.

• Like 1

:D It was due to ds12's throwing up that no one would allow near. He's not smelly, at least not right now. :D

And he's not running a fever which seems weird to me, but maybe not. He rarely gets sick.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Poor boy, I hope he feels better soon.  Perfectly understandable, though, why people didn't want to hang about him today.

• Like 1

:grouphug:   Maybe you can hang it on the wall as avant garde music-themed art?

A Requiem for a Bow Booya(h).   :nopity:  :sad:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 7

:grouphug: Maybe you can hang it on the wall as avant garde music-themed art?

A Requiem for a Bow Booya(h). :nopity: :sad:

My bow feels honored. ITT :wub:

Not a bad idea. We have a few "generally unused" instruments that could keep it company on a wall.

• Like 4

While we were gone on the trip we got a notice that our new garbage disposer has been recalled.  I just called the number given, and they were very prompt and helpful.  They will be sending us a new barrel to replace (because DH installed it himself -- no need to send a technician) and a shipping label so we can return the suspect barrel to them.

It is so nice to get a live person right away and not a tree of automated selections to push!  I complimented the gal on how she handled the call and noted her name down so I can tell the company later.  What a nice start to the day's doings!

• Like 5

The Rubik's cube is smarter than me.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Here's how to solve it quickly:

Get out a flat-head screwdriver.  Use it to gently but insistently pry one middle edge piece (not a corner piece!) out of the puzzle.  You will then have a hole to help you disassemble the rest of the puzzle.  Once all of the edges and corners are out you will be left with the frame and the center piece of each side still in place.  Carefully reconstruct the puzzle using the center pieces as the guide for which side gets which color.  Only reassemble so you get solid-colored sides -- if you reassemble it wrong you could create an unsolvable puzzle.

Longer methods:

Mail it to my DD12 and she will solve it for you.  Yes, she will solve it and not disassemble/reassemble.

Watch the Rubik's Cube lecture in the Mathematics of Games & Puzzles course by Arthur T. Benjamin from The Great Courses.  This is where DD12 learned how to solve the Rubik's cube.

• Like 6