Menu

Ignore this thread!

If you're going to nitpick you're not invited.

Not nit-picking.  Necker doesn't have nits (though apparently they do get plenty of mosquitoes, which OUR island isn't pestered with).

• Like 2

Dh went to the woodworking shop and talked with the guys there and brought home a bottle of glue that they recommended for bow repair. We'll know in 24 hours.

crossing fingers!

• Like 1

We ate dinner on the dining room table! The dining room table is clear of debris and we were actually able to eat at it!

Our kitchen table is still clear!  It helped that we didn't eat on it tonight, but tomorrow we certain could for breakfast!!!

#clearedtablebuddies   :laugh:

• Like 2

On the WTM forums you never know if the Egyptian thing is a joke or not...

The stuff looked suspiciously like some of the mummy goo in a TV show I had just watched, so there might have been some subliminal suggesting going on.  But I'm still confident it was that old....

• Like 3

A bit excitable there, eh?

Sometimes you just gotta celebrate what to others might seem like a small victory.

Clean table party!   :party:  :party:

• Like 2

What did you make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grits, smoked sausage, biscuits with jam. I was going to make eggs, but it was already a lot of food. They aren't used to eating a lot in the morning when I'm working. I'll learn 'em real good, though.

• Like 5

Here it was 7:00 Yogurt, brush teeth, shoes & socks.

7:30 Out the door.

8:30 In the door.

9:00 Eggs, sausages and sweet potatoes.

I'm supposed to be out the door at 7:30 too. But, to walk to work. In order for me to walk the river prior will require me getting out of bed before 7:00. And I don't wanna.

• Like 3

I'm supposed to be out the door at 7:30 too. But, to walk to work. In order for me to walk the river prior will require me getting out of bed before 7:00. And I don't wanna.

I could call you at 5. That would give you enough time.

• Like 1

Here it was 7:00 Yogurt, brush teeth, shoes & socks.

7:30 Out the door.

8:30 In the door.

9:00 Eggs, sausages and sweet potatoes.

Our schedule this morning:

7:00 sleeping

7:30 still sleeping

8:30 rolling out of bed and waking up groggy teenagers

8:35 devotions

9:00 everybody find something to eat

• Like 6

5:00 Bible

6:00 Mixed Martial Arts

:D

I'm a masochist.

• Like 3

I suspect that when my youngest is in 8th grade and dh is unemployed, this is what our mornings will look like. :D

• Like 4

Remember how I said that the Dd's cardiologist said that she was just fine? We were at the pediatrician for something else and he casually mentioned that she has an actual cardiac diagnosis. I have looked it up and it isn't necessarily serious especially in athletes like Dd but this is the second diagnosed issue that the cardiologist neglected to tell us about.

Remember how I said that the Dd's cardiologist said that she was just fine? We were at the pediatrician for something else and he casually mentioned that she has an actual cardiac diagnosis. I have looked it up and it isn't necessarily serious especially in athletes like Dd but this is the second diagnosed issue that the cardiologist neglected to tell us about.

:confused1:  Why are they not informing you of these things???

• Like 1

:confused1: Why are they not informing you of these things???

My question exactly. The first thing was a heart murmur. It's benign but because she didn't bother to tell me, we wasted considerable time and money checking it out when another doctor detected it. This time it is a kind of heart arrhythmia. This one is harder to evaluate- webmd says that it can be benign in athletes but a problem for others. I'm rather ticked since there have been ongoing symptoms. I don't know if she thinks that I'm too dumb to handle being told about all this or what. I don't think she's a bad cardiologist. She's detecting these things after all. But she's lousy at communicating.

• Like 1

Good Thursday Morning!  

Coffee is brewing; pets have been fed, watered, and scooped as needed.  (Bird feeder needs to be refilled.)

Jean, the lack of communication is not only frustrating, it's pathetic!!   :grouphug:

Slache, I don't know what thingy you're talking about, but I suspect it's hoity-toity.  

I ordered some school stuff yesterday for fall - yay!

Susan, don't forget to give dd10 the probiotic you found.  

• Like 5

Good morning!

May the 4th be with you!

Storms all day today. Probably nothing major.

What the what?!? Jean, that is just weird. Did the cardiologist just figure your GP or pediatrician would tell you about it? Either way, Not Okay!

Probiotics!

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Probiotics! I have probiotic capsules in the fridge. Don't let me forget to give them to dd10.

Remember to give your DD10 the probiotics!

• Like 1

Sounds like time to see another cardiologist.   :cursing:

• Like 1

My whiny cat convinced me to give her some tuna this morning -- after all, I had the remains of one can still in the fridge.  She gets it in specific little metal dishes.  She knows the process -- I get out a dish and a spoon and the tuna and put a spoonful in the dish, then take it to her feeding area.  This morning as soon as I got out the metal dish she headed for her feeding area, then came back to ask what was taking me so long.  Same thing when I got out the spoon.  Then the tuna.  Of course, by the time I had it ready to walk over she was right there to wait for me to start walking, then run around the back of me so she can cross over right in front of me as I walk.   :mad:

Even though it's a day early I'm giving her her flea and tick meds.  That'll learn her!

• Like 3

Good Morning!

I completely forgot that today is May the Fourth.  Now I need to try to work Star Wars into our day.  :)

I have spent a lot of time this week looking at colleges.  We will probably go the Get a Job and Go to CC Then Transfer route.

Also, I have been planning dd12's 9th grade year and ds16's 12th grade year.  I am still thinking about graduating him in December.

• Like 4

Yesterday our area didn't get much of anything out of the two weather systems that came through, though apparently it went on to smack other areas.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  to all affected.

Today promises to be BEAUTIFUL here -- mid- to upper-70s, not overly humid, clear and sunshiny.  Since the spring allergens have mostly abated I'm going to open windows and air out the house as soon as both girls have showered and dressed.

I guess in the meantime I should eat breakfast and deal with some papers, in case our breezeway funnels some breeze through our breakfast area window later.

• Like 2

A/C salesguy came by, and we should have a quote tomorrow. Fortunately, the weather has cooled off. We are still spring breaking with the ILs, but DH is going in to work. I've asked him to escape at 4.

Jean, I might see about another cardiologist if I were you. Part of successful doctoring is saying words out loud with the mouth.

• Like 5

Jean, I know that you are generally non-violent, and that's really, really admirable.  But I really think this is bazooka-worthy.

• Like 6

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Susan, did you give DD her probiotic??

Jean, I agree with JJM, bazooka the cardiologist.

AMJ, you have one bossy cat!!

It's supposed to be 99 degrees today. $%€!!!!!😱😱☀ï¸â˜€ï¸ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥

And then cool down to 65 with rain on Sunday.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Coffee!

It is too early to be having serious discussions about churches. Long story short, I won.

It is raining again.

Don't forget the probiotic, Susan. Yay, for well-paying jobs.

Have a great day everyone!

Eta: yes, Jean, bazooka the cardiologist. Get a new one.

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 5

Good morning! Coffee!

My DH has decided to go to college to get an engineering degree. He has a meeting with the local CC admissions office this morning to find out what he needs to do next. I'm very proud of him. 

Jean, diagnoses are useless if you don't actually know about them. This is a problem that needs to be fixed. 

Susan, did you give DD her probiotics?

I'm going to take a shower before we school. Then I'm gonna learn these kids real good. 

• Like 5

Sounds like time to see another cardiologist. :cursing:

I'm not sure if that's possible. It was very incredibly difficult to get into the Children's hospital system because everyone wants to get in. So now that we've been assigned this particular cardiologist, I'm not sure about rocking the boat to ask for another one. I might ask one if her other doctors about it. But of course they aren't specialized like the cardiologist.

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Susan, did you give DD her probiotic??

Jean, I agree with JJM, bazooka the cardiologist.

AMJ, you have one bossy cat!!

It's supposed to be 99 degrees today. $%€!!!!!😱😱☀ï¸â˜€ï¸ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥

And then cool down to 65 with rain on Sunday.

Gonna be 77 here today and gorgeous.

Just sayin'.  ;)

• Like 4