Menu

Ignore this thread!

Here we go!  Long enough to lay lie down on, adjustable "seat" angle, can easily accommodate even more cushions for a truly comfy swing bed.  Easily seats 3 when sitting and visiting.

FTFY. :001_tt2:

My g-grandparents had a swing on their big front porch, and all of us kids used to see how high we could swing on it. Thank goodness it had been installed properly, 'cuz otherwise we'd have been flying!

• Like 2

Well, I guess I should go edumacate the future of America. I don't want to. I've been spending the morning IMing my IRL BFF who is now in Sweden. I want to go someplace. I want to do something interesting and fun.

Have a good morning, ladies. If you are in the path of storms.... Remember.... Don't drive on treacherous roads. Don't go swimming in the sea.

• Like 7

Dd12 and dd10 are practicing their music together.   :001_wub:

A minute ago, dd12 was playing "My Favorite Things" on her flute.  Sitting right next to her was dd10 playing "Jingle Bells" on her violin.   :blink:

Now they are playing "Star Wars" and "Winnie the Pooh".   :001_huh:

• Like 7

I'm hiding in my room. Renai, no not Renai. What's that kid's name? MARY! Mary is lacing those animal things and John's doing a puzzle. I think Alex is probably eating chalk but it's non-toxic. I'm exhausted.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 6

Dd12 and dd10 are practicing their music together. :001_wub:

A minute ago, dd12 was playing "My Favorite Things" on her flute. Sitting right next to her was dd10 playing "Jingle Bells" on her violin. :blink:

Now they are playing "Star Wars" and "Winnie the Pooh". :001_huh:

That is a very eclectic play list. Something for everyone!!
  • Like 2

How the Hades it only Tuesday! :svengo:

I contemplated a poll but I don't really care about the outcome. I'm more interested in the why. I don't want to hear about what makes a good math program from someone who's used it for 6 months.   No! Don't do it!

FTFY :hat:

• Like 2

Remind me that I need to be responsible and pay the bills (literally) because right now I'd just like to cancel school and go pick peaches with the kids at a local pick-your-own orchard.

You should go spend time with your kids and pick peaches.  Pay the bills tonight.

• Like 3

I figured you already had a pole.

I actually would love a pole, but in the gym, not the bedroom. And a rope. I think my dream gym would lead people to think strange things. I actually saw an advertisement for gym hotel rooms. I thought they were so cool until I realized what they were actually for. :svengo:
  • Like 3

cS8Nfeu.jpg

Happy third birthday, Rusty! 

This picture is so big that I had to scroll down to the bottom.  On the way down, all I could think was, "Wow.  Jean is a seriously BA homeschool mom if even the bunny has to wear the dunce cap."

• Like 6

Remind me that I need to be responsible and pay the bills (literally) because right now I'd just like to cancel school and go pick peaches with the kids at a local pick-your-own orchard.

I think you should go pick peaches. Have the kids research the different varieties of peaches and call it Ag Science. Then, take the peaches home and make a peach cobbler and call it Home Economics. Have them double the recipe and you've got math.
  • Like 6

When I read the bio on my gym trainer, she did mention that she has training in pole work. Seriously, that's a thing. I was :confused1: :huh: :lol: :coolgleamA:

I might be able to wear sparkly shoes, but I turn pink even typing the word "pole".

It is! It's extremely difficult. Sorrow from the hive does silk work, which is the same concept but more difficult and easier on her hands. I would LOVE to get into pole work, but I don't think my back can take it.

Awwwww, you guys make me feel so smart, lol!

(If I'm so smart, WHY have I been researching R&S math half the day?   :laugh:   I have R&S curriculum samplers for 3rd and 4th.  I do like how much the TM helps you really teach and review stuff.  But I think CLE will let me be lazier and therefore we'll be more successful.  #sacrificingkidseducationformyconvenience )  

• Like 3

(If I'm so smart, WHY have I been researching R&S math half the day?   :laugh:   I have R&S curriculum samplers for 3rd and 4th.  I do like how much the TM helps you really teach and review stuff.  But I think CLE will let me be lazier and therefore we'll be more successful.  #sacrificingkidseducationformyconvenience )  

I looked at R&S samples when I went to The Homeschool Store in Houston--I still prefer CLE. (I am not looking to switch--I just was curious.)

• Like 1

When I read the bio on my gym trainer, she did mention that she has training in pole work. Seriously, that's a thing. I was :confused1: :huh: :lol: :coolgleamA:

I might be able to wear sparkly shoes, but I turn pink even typing the word "pole".

I'm just going to stay out of the conversation about poles. I just don't want to go there.ðŸ˜
  • Like 1

I have three things left to cook and a kitchen to clean. But my son is reading me a date scene with his feline protagonist and another little girl cat. It's hilarious.

I'm stuck on the word "another."  Is his story about two female kittens, or a queen and a kitten?  (Not that there's anything wrong with that... :leaving:)  Or is it a tom, and I am reading too much into this?  :lol:

Me thinks I probably need to not read into things.

• Like 3

You should stick with CLE.  It's good and it's cheap.

• Like 4

My impression of Rod & Staff Math:

The components of the program are similar to CLE.  The math drill worksheets and tests are each separately packaged. Flashcards are recommended.  The textbook is hardbound. I prefer the write-in student text of CLE. The Teacher's Manuals are separately bound. 

I find the text and layout of Rod and Staff to be hard to use.  The chosen preferred font is really hard on my eyes. There isn't enough white space on the page to let my eyes rest. Answers are given, but the problems are not shown fully worked out.  Lynn is correct that there is more guidance given in R&S on how to introduce the material, but it's not enough to sway me to switch, at all. In most cases, it's just a list of additional problems to work through before handing them the assignment.

Here are some samples:

https://www.milestonebooks.com/list/Mathematics_for_Christian_Living_Series/

• Like 2

This picture is so big that I had to scroll down to the bottom.  On the way down, all I could think was, "Wow.  Jean is a seriously BA homeschool mom if even the bunny has to wear the dunce cap."

That's exactly what I thought.  :leaving:   :lol:

• Like 3

I am a seriously BA homeschool mom. That should go without saying.

This should be your member title.

Efficient! Efficient, efficient, efficient! Am I going to have to pound that into you? :toetap05:

I like Poles.  I am one. ;)

I still don't get this.

You should stick with CLE.  It's good and it's cheap.

:iagree:

I'm sitting by the pool for my lunch break! Ds10 is swimming in the cold water!

Adopt me!
  • Like 1