• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

14 oz. of a smoothie would put me in a diabetic coma. 

:( I just had a roughly 20oz smoothie. I couldn't have breakfast and won't eat again until dinner so I figured it was the healthiest option. I know they're fattening, but I love them.

Matt came home early because of a gas leak. :svengo: He says we're getting these. Good reviews on other glasses the company makes and they won't clash with my Fiestawear.

Edited by Slache

:grouphug:

I had kind of a feeling about that; know you did too. 

I did.  The vet did a complimentary xray and it showed more gas in the intestines.  I knew then that was not good.  Nothing is going through so she either has a blockage or her intestines have shut down completely due to another process.  They are very good and nice there, but I still cried when they took her back.  Then I cried on the way home and got myself together to tell the kids because I didn't want my feelings to indicate that I think there will be a bad outcome.  I think the outcome will be good.  I just worry.

I told the kid who came with me to never get any pets.  Too expensive and hard on the heart.  Of course, I am not serious, but we get these animals knowing we will bury them.  I kept thinking that this is not even the cat I call my best friend.  I sit around sometimes thinking of when Lily dies someday and I start crying.  Good grief.  

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 3

The hospital will keep her until dh and I get home on Sunday.  She would have stayed until Saturday anyway, but this way she can be cared for by competent people while we go on our trip.  They will call when she goes into surgery and after she wakes up and is doing okay.  The original vet is not doing the surgery, but she introduced me to the vet who will do it.  

• Like 7

Dd11 made gf hamburger buns.

Ds15 just announced that he's going to try to convince everyone that he's left-handed throughout a whole week of summer camp.

And dd8 and dd5 are singing.  Loudly:

I've been working on the wailwoad

All the wive-wong day...

Take me out to the ballgame

Take me out to the cwowd!

Buy me some peanuts and cwackewjack...

• Like 6

Sigh. I think my mom is getting worse again. She is bipolar, and very, very hard to deal with. She is not in a full blown episode, but it is possibly heading in that direction. It is so hard trying to help someone that doesn't want your help, never takes responsibility for their actions, and is never sorry for what they have done. Very difficult.:(

Sigh. I think my mom is getting worse again. She is bipolar, and very, very hard to deal with. She is not in a full blown episode, but it is possibly heading in that direction. It is so hard trying to help someone that doesn't want your help, never takes responsibility for their actions, and is never sorry for what they have done. Very difficult.:(

. :grouphug:
  • Like 1

I'm having an issue! My neighbor brought by a huge jar of homemade salsa. And I can't stop eating it, it is sooooo good!

If we have another abundant crop, I'll send ya'll some too. Last year, I made red and green salsa.  :drool5:

• Like 3

I am watching the Golden State game in another Window.  They are trying to beat the Amazing Bulls' record of 72 wins in a season.  However, the only way we can watch the game is the Spanish broadcast.

Educational basketball!   :D

All the games we watch are in Spanish. We only watch futbol anyway. Every time we have to go to one of the girls' games (dd16 used to play too), I'd have to relearn all the terms in English. Although Gymnast's team speaks all English, we still call things in Spanish because we're used to it. And it's probably the only game vocabulary that we remember.

fuera de lugar = offsides

falta = foul

gol = goal

tiro de esquina = ? can't remember, or never knew

empate = tie

I just looked up "soccer terms in Spanish" just now and actually found a page that has the term in Spanish, then English and French. Cool, huh? You should try looking it up for basketball. Here's what I had found: http://www.lingolex.com/footballen.htm

• Like 2

I did.  The vet did a complimentary xray and it showed more gas in the intestines.  I knew then that was not good.  Nothing is going through so she either has a blockage or her intestines have shut down completely due to another process.  They are very good and nice there, but I still cried when they took her back.  Then I cried on the way home and got myself together to tell little dd because I didn't want my feelings to indicate that I think there will be a bad outcome.  I think the outcome will be good.  I just worry.

I told ds13 (who came with me again) to never get any pets.  Too expensive and hard on the heart.  Of course, I am not serious, but we get these animals knowing we will bury them.  I kept thinking that this is not even the cat I call my best friend.  I sit around sometimes thinking of when Lily dies someday and I start crying.  Lily is 9-10, but she probably won't die anytime soon.  Good grief.  This is why I am glad I am so silly.  I need it to balance out the macabre side that sits around having pet funerals for animals who are perfectly fine!

I'm sorry Tex. That must be hard.

I've also thought of the pets we miss, and wonder how it will be when Gitana dies. She's 13 this month.

• Like 2

(((Hugs to all)))

I went to the chiropractor. He approves of my current activity level. Last time he said I'd lost too much muscle mass. That was after my really bad, unexplained fatigue.

Then we went to The Learning Palace and I was reminded of why we never go there. It's all retired public school teachers that despise homeschooling. Two of my purchases were developmentally inappropriate and one of the things we have at home doesn't exist, we must be mistaken. They also made me stand there while she looked to see if I was lying about finding their new address on google. I'll order from amazon next time. Anyway we got handwriting paper, a clock (because the one Matt made is pretty flimsy), and a laurel lacy puzzle thing.

Apparently there was not a gas leak at Matt's work. Someone thought there was, but it was actually the smell of new wires. I'm not sure how one confused the two, but I'm glad there wasn't a gas leak.

• Like 4

(((Dawn)))

Back from leading the troop on pet care, ironically.  I feel like I need more silence than I am likely to get this evening and tomorrow.  I called the odd father and told him about Marley and cried.  Sometimes it helps to talk to your parent who was there when your first pet went through something.  

Marley is in surgery right now.  The office is very good.  The vet called me to say they were taking her into anesthesia right then and would call me when she was done and awake.  He anticipated a two and half hour window there.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 5

All the games we watch are in Spanish. We only watch futbol anyway. Every time we have to go to one of the girls' games (dd16 used to play too), I'd have to relearn all the terms in English. Although Gymnast's team speaks all English, we still call things in Spanish because we're used to it. And it's probably the only game vocabulary that we remember.

falta = foul

gol = goal

empate = tie

I just looked up "soccer terms in Spanish" just now and actually found a page that has the term in Spanish, then English and French. Cool, huh? You should try looking it up for basketball. Here's what I had found: http://www.lingolex.com/footballen.htm

Watching last night's game, all you really needed to understand was "Curry" and "triple".  I probably understood about 10 percent.

falta = foul

doble = two-pointer

canasta = basket

balon = ball

mano izquierda = left hand

equipo = team

• Like 1

falta = foul

gol = goal

empate = tie

This will be so useful when we live stream major global sports events from Mozambique and the like. I watched the world cup in Russian. SHHHHHH don't tell anybody.

• Like 2

I got an offer. It is significantly higher than my current job pay. Bike to work. Plus benefits. Same hours. Now I have to tell my employer... ugh.

Awesome!

An Awesome Tsuga Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

Just heard from the vet.  Marley is out of surgery, and it went well.  Indeed there was an object in her intestine.  She had chewed off the head of a pink rubbery lizard and swallowed it.  I knew exactly what he was talking about.  Little dd has a collection of these animals and her room is a wreck.  Marley will be in one kid's room from now on because his room is Spartan.  I suspected a hair band, and I was close.

GROSS ALERT - FOR CRITTER AND THE STRONG OF STOMACH:

The vet said that the head of the lizard was lodged at the end of her small intestine and was causing a complete blockage.  Tons of liquidy grossness poured out of her intestine, which is very inflamed.  They washed out her abdominal cavity and have her on antibiotics.  They will have her in the hospital for 3 days to recover and will get her eating again as soon as possible.  She should be fine, but he said she will have diarrhea for awhile.  

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 9

Awesome!

An Awesome Tsuga Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends...

WOOT I got a booyah.

Also, omg intestinal blockage in a kitten due to lizard head. Oh, the joys of pet ownership. And you have bills due to this.

• Like 4