Menu

Ignore this thread!

A few random afternoon thoughts:

1. We reintroduced dairy to the family this weekend, celebrating over big bowls of ice-cream and sandwiches with cheese. Ds definitely reacts to dairy. :( I am mourning a bit; it's easier to be gluten free than dairy free, imo. We still haven't reintroduced gluten. We have to go back off dairy to where we get a baseline of normal tummy and then add back gluten. I am quietly cheating by eating macarons on the sly because I did a gluten free trial for myself years ago and can happily eat the stuff.

2. DD wanted to play on our keyboard, so she started a good strong beat, played three notes, laid her head down and went to sleep. On the keyboard.

3. I am avoiding a lot of paperwork right now, and need to stop doing that but haven't had a crisis point that would make me do it. We're just at the uncomfortable part of me needing to deal with medical billing. Our taxes are filed.

So sorry for your DS about the dairy. That sucks. :(

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm back! Who missed me? We went to the mega church and then Linsey and I went to Costco because she doesn't have a membership. I played with my tablet and I think I'm going to get the 8" one instead of the 9.7" because it's $100 less and totally doable for PDFs and immersion reading. It's such a better shape than other 8" tablets. I'm so glad I stopped to play with them. They're on sale so I'll probably get one on the 15th. Actually we'll probably get 5 on the 15th and sell 4 on Amazon making my tablet free. Shhhh... don't tell.

Oh bras are even worse. At least my feet don't change size that much. I lose & gain weight first right in books. 

My girls are either offleash or wearing a sport top built in thing because I haven't been able to find anything that really fits nicely. Of course i haven't actually done more than spend 30 frustrating minutes in a department store changeroom last fall. 

You need to read the bra thread. It changed my life. I thought I was a 36B but I'm a 40C. I only got one new bra because I'm pregnant and my rib cage always expands when I'm pregnant so I'm going to do it again when Alex is like 6 months old and I'm not a box. I got this one. It's the most comfortable bra I have ever owned. I love the frontal closure because I'm so lazy you can store it with the cups in each other without bending one of the cups the wrong way, and I love the racerback because my straps never fall down. I love this bra. I think it was $16 at Target.

Another child has fallen to fever, congestion, and mild vomiting. 

:grouphug:

Can someone link the bra thread for Hornblower, please?

• Like 3

Can someone link the bra thread for Hornblower, please?

Is it the one with the link to the reddit that had the instructions for measuring yourself differently? If so, I don't have that link, but do have the link to the reddit instructions. https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/comments/rh26h/is_getting_fitted_for_a_bra_as_humiliating_as_it/c469bi0

• Like 1

I just scraped 2,300 words today. I feel mentally dull. I need a tonic. Somebody suggest a creative tonic. 

I wrote an action scene today and it stinks. I don't like to write action, but I can certainly do better than what I wrote today. Good thing I can revise. 

All I have is coffee.

(((Lynn's family)))

I am so lazy I need one of you to drive to my house, measure me for a bra, and then purchase it for me.  I will give you the money to buy it.  I just lack all motivation to do it myself.

It is almost 11 pm, and I got up early and spent 8 hours at our friends' house at the bball party and helped host and checked in uniforms and talked to folks, and cleaned up and did dishes and comforted people who cried and listened to a lot of people and now I am completely exhausted.

Night night.

• Like 4

I don't want to Google this so tell me if I should call the doctor or not.

My grandmother's uterus prolapsed during her 3rd and final pregnancy but because she was pregnant nothing came out, it was just detached. I still feel movement on both sides as though it were twins and I'm wondering if I feel that way because my uterus isn't holding it's place. I'm not in pain or bleeding or upset, I am just wondering if that's likely and I don't want to Google it. What do you think?

Couldn't your baby just be sideways? I would think that is a much more likely explanation. Bleeding or pain, see OB immediately. Funny movement patterns, more likely a funny-moving baby.

I definitely think it's a possibility, but this pregnancy is just *so* different than the other 2.

Well, they are all so different, they say. :) My two pregnancies were totally different! Based on what you have said about John and Mary I'm guessing that this one is going to blow your socks off. You don't have a flyer yet. Maybe this is your flyer.

Well, they are all so different, they say. :) My two pregnancies were totally different! Based on what you have said about John and Mary I'm guessing that this one is going to blow your socks off. You don't have a flyer yet. Maybe this is your flyer.

Ummm. I don't know what that means.

• Like 1

I have heard repeatedly that the 3rd pregnancy is the hardest, your uterus gets bigger, ruins your abs, etc. and I keep coming back to that thought. That it's just a bigger, harder pregnancy and everything is normal I'm just over analyzing it. Are prolapses always painful? I think my grandmother's was painful, even though it never fully happened.

I have no idea, but I do know that I've never met anyone who's had a uterine prolapse (of like five people, three on the internet, two in real life) who said it was not at all painful or extremely uncomfortable. Certainly it consisted of much more than feeling sensations on both sides. Could be a medical issue but my money is on baby doing yoga.

I have no idea, but I do know that I've never met anyone who's had a uterine prolapse (of like five people, three on the internet, two in real life) who said it was not at all painful or extremely uncomfortable. Certainly it consisted of much more than feeling sensations on both sides. Could be a medical issue but my money is on baby doing yoga.

Yeah, I think he's big too, so he can cover more ground. At my last appointment I measured like 3 inches too big. I know that doesn't necessarily mean a big baby, but between that and genetics I think it's a safe bet.

Ummm. I don't know what that means.

The flyer is the one who gets stitches before the third birthday (or if mom is cheap and it's a small laceration or on the head and you can keep it together with superglue and bandaids, just a scar...)

The flyer is crawling before you realize they could even hold their head up (because you were busy).

The flyer looks at the big kids and gets on a bike for a child twice their size and actually mounts the pedals and tries to go before it all tips over.

The flyer has holes in every knee of every pair of pants... and actual holes in both knees, or scabs.

The flyer does multiplication on a trampoline.

The flyer is the child who tries to see if a cape causes flying and therefore jumps off of the top of the car with nothing but a cape to propel them into space.

The flyer learns to ski at two years of age because you believe they won't follow through but before you know it, your child is beating kids two years older than them on ski team. Because they are not afraid to fly, and therefore, fall.

That is a flyer. Baby proofing is futile. You use real locks. Everything must be strapped to the wall.

• Like 6

Same thing your dd had the other day? 

I assume so, though the symptoms have been slightly different with each.  14yo started with nausea, was fine for a couple days, then started fever, sore throat, congestion, etc.  7yo dd had full-on, stomach emptying vomiting, fever, no congestion at all.  10 yo ds has congestion, low fever, vomited a few times - usually liquid, not food he had eaten.  I know you all wanted those details.

I was up once with 10yo ds, and slept in until 6:30.  We are off our normal routine today.  14yo ds is missing his challenge day.  I'll pick dd up later from hers and take her to soccer practice.  

Oldest has plans to go to prom.  He's supposed to be finding out color of her dress so we can see about his tux and make plans for corsage.  I feel completely ignorant of what's in and what's not.  I do NOT want to be primary advisor on all this.  Anyone want to come do it for me? 

Good Monday Morning all!

• Like 5

My son held his head up the first time they layed him on me after delivery. Everyone just stared. The nurse said something to the effect that they aren't supposed to be able to do that.

Mine's a jumper and a climber. And he moved a lot when he was inside. A lot.

• Like 8

I don't want to Google this so tell me if I should call the doctor or not.

My grandmother's uterus prolapsed during her 3rd and final pregnancy but because she was pregnant nothing came out, it was just detached. I still feel movement on both sides as though it were twins and I'm wondering if I feel that way because my uterus isn't holding it's place. I'm not in pain or bleeding or upset, I am just wondering if that's likely and I don't want to Google it. What do you think?

No, you don't need the doctor.  

I have heard repeatedly that the 3rd pregnancy is the hardest, your uterus gets bigger, ruins your abs, etc. and I keep coming back to that thought. That it's just a bigger, harder pregnancy and everything is normal I'm just over analyzing it. Are prolapses always painful? I think my grandmother's was painful, even though it never fully happened.

My third pregnancy was not the hardest.  My uterus never prolapsed, not with four babies.  I have never known anyone whose uterus prolapsed.  I did have a couple of friends with bladder issues who needed surgery to hold it in place.  One friend had to have extensive surgery, but she had four huge babies and my friend is five feet tall.  I think it was just a bit much for her.  With scheduled c-sections, your uterus will not undergo labor and the stress and strain of that.  You will not have to push a baby out and all that entails in terms of wear and tear on the ol' body.  

I think you are talking to the wrong people if all people can do is tell you how your third pg will practically ruin your life and your entire body! Listen to us because quite a few of us have had 4-5 babies, and our uteruses (uteri? :lol: ) did not not crawl out of our bodies, wrecking everything in their path, and call a cab.

I agree.

• Like 4

I woke up early again, at 5:45 this time.  That is a bit much considering I went to sleep at almost midnight.  I do like how peaceful it is in the mornings.  I am about to take my coffee out on the porch.

Regular school day and then I will take little dd to the grief group tonight to see our sad peeps.

Both of my boys have colds.  I am shoving Mucinex into them like candy.  We call it "the mucus pill".   "Take your mucus pill!"  "We are running out of mucus pills!" :lol:

• Like 7

I've decided that the best tonic (and or punishment) for me will be to write that action scene and probably the whole chapter over again. I think it fell flat because the protagonist is too far out of his character. It just isn't like him to fly off the handle, no matter how mad he is. No...he's the kind of man who takes you apart with sarcasm while he's plotting out his battle sequence--he simply never looses his cool. He's kind of interesting when he does get taken by surprise, but he just rights himself so fast that to have a whole action scene based on him losing his temper just doesn't work.

So, back to the drawing board.

Sorry for all the sick people. I always hate a virus because of the way it works a household over. I'm nearly always the last to get something, right after I've done taking care of everybody else. Then nobody takes care of me, because survival of the fittest and all.

School today, but I think I'm going to take an extra hour to work on my rewrite this morning.

• Like 5

I made pancakes, but the batter was too thin.  Crepes.

Went to let the kitten out of little dd's room, and slipped in some throw up (cat).  Washing a rug now, and I cleaned my shoe and the floor.

Sat outside and watched some very little birds.  One of them talked to me so I said, "Hi bird."

The dog has been alerting me of a very dangerous person, a delivery man at the neighbor's house.  I had to go out and check him out for myself to make her happy.  Then she still thought he was going to murder us.  I don't think so.

• Like 8

With two sick and one at co-op, we're not really doing school today.  So, I have started laundry, put chicken in the crock pot, unloaded the dish washer, re-loaded the dishwasher.  Wow, I guess this is what it's like to be a homemaker.  I never do those things this early.  Unfortunately, I have also already eaten peanut butter and crackers.  Not sure what that means for lunch. 

• Like 5

You ever have one of those head slapping moments? :svengo: Having one of those over this chapter that I struggled with all day yesterday. Sometimes I just wish the protagonist would just thump me in the back of the head instead of letting me stew over why the story just isn't working. 

Okay, think I got it now. 

• Like 7

My friend at the bball party had an Instant Pot that all the Hive talks about.  I didn't ever really "get it" because I am visual and must see and touch things to understand them.  Let me tell you, that thing is way cool, and we all need one.  Lynn's crock pot chicken made me think of the pot because this lady put raw chicken breasts in the Instant Pot with a bottle of Italian dressing, and it was done in 15 minutes, all juicy and delicious.  It was amazing.  I asked her if I could blow up my house and kill myself with the thing, and she said if she can use it anyone can.  It didn't look too complicated.

So we all have to get Instant Pots.  I think they are really expensive so I will need to think on it another two years.

• Like 5

I've been thinking about an instant pot for 18 months now, does that mean I can just wait 6 more months and maybe get it for Christmas?

See the link.  It's on sale!  I think I might get it.  I have been using a crock pot I was gifted for Christmas about 10-12 years ago.  The handle fell off of the lid, and I superglued it back on.  I think I might "deserve" an Instant pot since the 6.33 quart one (the larger one) is only $85 now.

• Like 1

Another kid had a late reaction to dairy, so now just my oldest and I are the dairy non-reactors.  Youngest crawled into bed and peed on me last night.  She's still sleeping and crying out in her sleep, "It's not my fault!"

We're having a stellar start to our week.

I'm sorry.  :(

Another kid had a late reaction to dairy, so now just my oldest and I are the dairy non-reactors.  Youngest crawled into bed and peed on me last night.  She's still sleeping and crying out in her sleep, "It's not my fault!"

:grouphug:

Here is one that makes yogurt.  It's the only difference between the 6 in 1 and 7 in 1.  I now know too much about Instant Pots.  This one is actually the one my friend had because hers has a yogurt button.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=gbps_img_m-3_6482_21e409da?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2304256482&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=384082011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KWHTMRH7SA9MDXTMG61

• Like 1

My friend at the bball party had an Instant Pot that all the Hive talks about.  I didn't ever really "get it" because I am visual and must see and touch things to understand them.  Let me tell you, that thing is way cool, and we all need one.  Lynn's crock pot chicken made me think of the pot because this lady put raw chicken breasts in the Instant Pot with a bottle of Italian dressing, and it was done in 15 minutes, all juicy and delicious.  It was amazing.  I asked her if I could blow up my house and kill myself with the thing, and she said if she can use it anyone can.  It didn't look too complicated.

So we all have to get Instant Pots.  I think they are really expensive so I will need to think on it another two years.

:lol:   Me too! 

(((prairie and dd)))

• Like 1

Y'all have to help me decide.  I can afford the 7 in 1, and it is $114 versus $85, but I am super cheap.  This is why I almost never buy myself any applliances.  I hate spending money on stuff.  Our dishwasher is half falling apart and is 16 years old, but I refuse to let dh get a new one because it still washes dishes.  I fixed the vacuum myself.

• Like 1

Hmmm, all my Indian recipes call for pressure cooking their beans and legumes so I checked the Instant Pot. Tempting.

It's a gazillion $ more in Cdn though because our dollar is the pits atm.

First exam for dd today but not till 3:30.

Regular school day for ds. I need him to pick up the pace so I've been trying to think of various approaches but mostly they involve me sitting beside him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Tex, I don't feel qualified to vote.  I'm not big on kitchen appliances (shocking, right?).  But it probably makes more sense to spend more now knowing you'd never get another one.  Maybe yogurt making is in your future?

ETA:  It's a Future Yogurt Making Booyah!!!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 7

Oh!  It's a pressure cooker!  I've seen people talking about instant pots but I never bothered to open the threads.  I have a pressure cooker.  It isn't programmable but it takes so little time that I don't really need it to be. 

• Like 1

Oh!  It's a pressure cooker!  I've seen people talking about instant pots but I never bothered to open the threads.  I have a pressure cooker.  It isn't programmable but it takes so little time that I don't really need it to be. 

Now you have to vote on what I should get.  I am depending on it.