Menu

Ignore this thread!

It's a reference book, so I think it is easier to have it in your hot little hand to put on a side table or something. But I love the feel and smell of books. You can look it up and save the PDF to your computer if you wish, as well, but I like the idea of having actual dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books in hand.

I agree. Thanks. I like my Kindle because I can read for longer periods of time, but for things like this I like paperbacks.
  • Like 2

I like mine to look like he works at it. He comes home and I'm like "You. Weights. Now." I make him lift like 3 times a week. He's yummy.

:-) That is nice. What I meant by working at it is more the girlie piece of fashion, etc. The whole metrosexual thing, ya know? If you want to hit the mall more than me, or get a mani/pedi, or your jeans look like jeans that I would wear... Not attractive to me. Gym, though... Yes, please:-)

It's a reference book, so I think it is easier to have it in your hot little hand to put on a side table or something. But I love the feel and smell of books. You can look it up and save the PDF to your computer if you wish, as well, but I like the idea of having actual dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books in hand.

:Iagree:

• Like 1

So, when I was little, we sometimes watched "The Dick Van Dyke Show." I didn't remember how good it was and so have been pleasantly surprised now that I'm watching it on NetFlix. :-)

There was a show that had a catchy song about Alan Brady, the character in the show for whom Dick and Sally and Whatshisname worked. I have remembered that song forever. So, yesterday when I came home from church, I sat down in front of the TV to veg while waiting for Mr. Ellie to be finished with his church, and when I turned on the TV it was already on CoziTV, which shows only old TV shows and movies. Guess what was on? Yes.

I used to love that show too. The reruns, of course. I've got my oldest hooked on old shows. (and radio shows, too)

• Like 1

There was an old facebook game, it might have even been MySpace, when you would post "If you saw me in the back of a cop car what would you think I did?" A friend of mine said "Helped a friend." :wub:

Right, but helping with what?

Other replies were assault and battery :glare:, probably not drugs :lol: and defacing school property. :leaving:

Interesting...

So our palliative rattie died. He hung on till dd came home from her exam (which, because this board is SO in tune with my life, was on Stats. And she thinks she aced it....) and then he passed in her arms. He was the bestest sweetest boy & he had a good life & gave us much joy. 

it was this boy http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/534498-hamster-for-christmas/?p=6038987

• Like 4

So our palliative rattie died. He hung on till dd came home from her exam (which, because this board is SO in tune with my life, was on Stats. And she thinks she aced it....) and then he passed in her arms. He was the bestest sweetest boy & he had a good life & gave us much joy.

it was this boy http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/534498-hamster-for-christmas/?p=6038987

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry. So many :grouphug:

• Like 2

:-) That is nice. What I meant by working at it is more the girlie piece of fashion, etc. The whole metrosexual thing, ya know? If you want to hit the mall more than me, or get a mani/pedi, or your jeans look like jeans that I would wear... Not attractive to me. Gym, though... Yes, please:-)

Oh, we've got that covered. Matt's a slob. ;)

it was this boy http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/534498-hamster-for-christmas/?p=6038987

I'm sorry.  :grouphug:

👼 rip rattie. ðŸ­

We put the younger kids to bed and we are watching Batman with oldest. We are talking through it all and trying to explain 80s tech and culture.

Never saw Batman. Love Dick Van Dyck! But I really want to watch Christmas Vacation. I need to laugh. And that movie makes me laugh!
  • Like 1

👼 rip rattie. ðŸ­

We put the younger kids to bed and we are watching Batman with oldest. We are talking through it all and trying to explain 80s tech and culture.

I haven't seen Batman in 25 years!  (When you have to get out a calculator to figure it out, it has been a long time.)

Except I saw it in French.  Before DVD players!  I have no idea where my French teacher got it, but it was a lot of fun.  We went through the halls saying, "Je suis Batman!" for weeks.

Question:  Is the movie as violent as I remember?  Ds15 is interested, but I remember it being really dark...

• Like 1

Is it too much to ask that we have dark chocolate, strawberries, and mozzarella on hand at all times? Come on people, I'm a frigging princess for crying out loud!

::drinking ensure with irritation::

That is not too much to ask. I always had strawberries and cheese on hand when pregnant with Gymnast. That and ensure. I did a lot of smoothies with those. And I'm not even a princess. A princess should get what she wants. As long as she isn't a brat.

• Like 1

See, I plan to just be rich and have someone pay them all for me. You should just do that. If you do so before me please explain the process because I haven't figured it out yet.

This was my plan too. So, I'm planning on this curriculum thing to take off next year with the dynamite marketing the company is doing, and getting royalties that will set me for the rest of my life. Then I could do what I want, like write, and tutor in reading like I used to do. I loved tutoring.

• Like 3

Ellie, my kids sing that song except they insert my name.   :lol:

We own and have watched the entire Dick Van Dyke series with the kids.  Also, Leave it to Beaver and Andy Griffith.

I watched those too. Dd16 has just informed me she used to have the biggest crush on the chimney sweep in Mary Poppins. :D We would listen to Father knows best, Our Miss Brooks, and The Great Gildersleeve on old radio shows. We like old shows. New ones are stupid. Except Once Upon a Time, but that's different. Oooh, I got her hooked on Carol Burnett too. Love that woman, although newer compared to the other old shows.

• Like 2

I once knew someone who had the legs, the arms and the kilt. Sadly, so long ago. Blonde hair down to his shoulders too. 

Are you sure it wasn't me? I'm quite strong and I used to love my little catholic hooch skirt.

Pretty sure it wasn't...

Ya'll have me crackin' up.

• Like 2

Exactly.

I have VERY specific taste in men. Muscles. Manly. If you care more about clothes than I do, there is a problem. Ability to look mildly GQ without looking like you are working at it. I think, though, that we have already covered that somewhere in this epic conversation.

:eek: You said it in public!

We were watching a Mexican comedy show, and one part a woman wrote her number on a book page and tore it out to give to some guy. Both dd16 and I dropped our mouths to the floor. She said, "I can't believe she ripped a page out of a book!" I said, "I was just looking at the shoulders and arms" (of the dude.) :D

• Like 3

Awww, he was sweet.  :grouphug:

• Like 1