Menu

Ignore this thread!

And even then jeans are better. I like jeans and a surfer style necklace. Or just nothing. :D

Exactly.

I have VERY specific taste in men. Muscles. Manly. If you care more about clothes than I do, there is a problem. Ability to look mildly GQ without looking like you are working at it. I think, though, that we have already covered that somewhere in this epic conversation.

• Like 3

LOL,  I'm always proud when people don't torment dogs & respect their space & feelings. So there! 

I have a sort of solution for you. Bear - sweet silly old dearly departed Bear - had a wrecked coat on his hindquarters.  (Partly it was what is called 'yak coat' in newfie circles & partly he had huge scarring on his skin from road rash - suspect being hit by car at some point in his life, & his fur grew weird there) & sweet as he was, he really was quite sensitive about certain parts of his body. 

The tools that help you get a matted/coarse & just plain annoying butt on a dog cleaned up are: 

Coat King combs (the original from Germany). Probably a 10 blade like this (steel yourself, they're expensive) 

& The Stuff. Yes, it's called The Stuff.  (or some other silicone based spray. They're often called things like show shine, diamond shine etc. Silicone will make the hair nice & slippery & will stop matts from forming & will help loose fur fall out. Purists will tell you they're not good for coat long term yada yada yada but it's really ok...) 

You don't need to use them at the same time. I'd spray the butt well just before a walk for ex (or better yet, do it outside. It has silicone in it & can make floors wicked slippery) & just rub in with your hands, feed cookies & go out. 

The Coat King combs work like a breeze. They are sharp on the inside of the curve, like little sickles. They will cut matts and knots & therefore do not pull as much. A couple strokes at a time, hold the skin with your other hand so you're not pulling too hard, big cookie and call it done. Next day, do it again.  Lots of quick little repetitions w/ lots of rewards spaced out over days & weeks, not a big job once a week or every couple weeks, kwim? It's like spelling LOL 

Oh that reminds me - I once got carried away with the Coat King & gave Bear a bit of an almost bald spot on his flank. Ooooppps. 

And this is why I don't own puppehs with coat... :svengo:

• Like 1

My husband has killer legs. He would look great in a kilt. Alas, I have none, but I will make him pose in a towel because it's about the same*. :lol:

*This is a joke. This will never happen.

Hmmm. I'm not into legs. That's perhaps the problem. I like shoulders and arms.

• Like 1

Exactly.

I have VERY specific taste in men. Muscles. Manly. If you care more about clothes than I do, there is a problem. Ability to look mildly GQ without looking like you are working at it. I think, though, that we have already covered that somewhere in this epic conversation.

I like mine to look like he works at it. He comes home and I'm like "You. Weights. Now." I make him lift like 3 times a week. He's yummy.

:lol: I just sent a friend over to check out Jann's classes. She is lovely.

I teach through pre-a, then they are outta here. I have been surprised how much Algebra has come back to me as I have helped ds here and there, but I am not relying on that to get them through higher math. It would not be pretty. And that is stupid. Because I rocked math all the way through ap calc in high school and higher maths in undergrad. Grad school statistics killed me for some reason. That poor prof. Here I was, a pathetic young woman who had never gotten less than an A in math, hobbling along. I talked to her so many times, I think she probably kept whiskey in her desk just for dealing with me.

No idea what was up with that. But I still have no desire to revisit math learning in my old age :lol:

OMG yes! I took a statistics class in college that made me want to drop out all together. It was an afternoon 3-hour once per week class in an old mildest stuffy building and it made me want to poke my eyes out.

#gaveuponcommas

• Like 2

OMG yes! I took a statistics class in college that made me want to drop out all together. It was an afternoon 3-hour once per week class in an old mildest stuffy building and it made me want to poke my eyes out.

#gaveuponcommas

This is kind of what happened to me in grad school statistics, except I took it in the summer so it was really crammed in.  I don't recall much from that class.  It was memorize, regurgitate, and forget. :huh:

• Like 2

I have spent most of the day binge-watching NetFlix. My reasons are (1) I'm recovering from peopling this weekend, and (2) my ankles have been swollen for a couple of weeks for no apparent reason, and so I elevate them whenever possible, hence Netflix.

That is all.

Whatcha watchin' ?

• Like 1

I have spent most of the day binge-watching NetFlix. My reasons are (1) I'm recovering from peopling this weekend, and (2) my ankles have been swollen for a couple of weeks for no apparent reason, and so I elevate them whenever possible, hence Netflix.

That is all.

maybe a foot massage would help? 

• Like 1

Everytime I do a stupid/frivolous post someone sneaks in a serious post about Lynn's hubby.

I'm sorry Lynn. I'm sorry he's leaving, I'm sorry there's a need for him to leave, and I'm sorry your babies will have to miss him. Thanks for everything. I would love to come see you. Hugs.

Which is as it should be - frivolous posts along with the serious.  Besides there is absolutely nothing frivolous about what a preggo mama needs to eat.  In fact, I would put that at the top of the list. 

(Besides, laughing is better than crying.  #aintnobodygottimefordat!)

• Like 4

Is it bad that I only have one child and did not know his shoe size when my sister asked?

#daddytakeshimshoeshopping

I have no idea what Mary's shoe size is. John needed new church shoes and he's now in a size 1 which I thought was pretty cool, otherwise I never would have remembered.

• Like 1

Are there a lot of lists in it I'll want to look up frequently? As in, I'll be glad it's a paperback? Driveshaft is a fictional band.

It's a reference book, so I think it is easier to have it in your hot little hand to put on a side table or something.  But I love the feel and smell of books.  You can look it up and save the PDF to your computer if you wish, as well, but I like the idea of having actual dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books in hand.

• Like 3