• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I can't remember the last time my BP was down under 140/100 or so. Sometimes it gets all the way down to 120/80 I guess.

Not that it's a competition or anything, but yeah, stress sucks. Cardiac stuff sucks more.

Heart flat out stopping, that's terrifying. :-P

• Like 2

I am posting to tell you that I am an idiot.  I was looking at my pill bottles this morning in preparation for the big drug reset and saw the big sticker on the side of two bottles that said that they are supposed to be taken two hours apart from each other.  I think I knew that once.  I know I had been taking one at dinner and one at bedtime but then I got lazy and thought that was too much to remember so started taking them all at bedtime.  Taken together they reduce the efficacy of each other.  D'oh.  Facepalm.  

• Like 6

I am posting to tell you that I am an idiot.  I was looking at my pill bottles this morning in preparation for the big drug reset and saw the big sticker on the side of two bottles that said that they are supposed to be taken two hours apart from each other.  I think I knew that once.  I know I had been taking one at dinner and one at bedtime but then I got lazy and thought that was too much to remember so started taking them all at bedtime.  Taken together they reduce the efficacy of each other.  D'oh.  Facepalm.  

That's super easy to do. Fix it, but take a little solace in the fact that doctors and pharmacists won't even tell you about some subtle interactions of your stuff that would make you nuts to track.

That said, you should take them separated still.

Medication is ridiculous to keep track of and changing insurance rules, generics, prices, coverage, availability, etc, just makes it all worse. In the 1800s we had to worry about infection from surgeons with dirty hands. Now we have to worry about insurance companies and drug corporations killing us with a never ending shell game. Bleh. :P

• Like 4

Yeah, riiiiight.  Jean made a mistake. :001_rolleyes:  I think we know better.

Thank you, Jean, for deliberately doing that so the rest of us feel better about our little foibles.  You are awesome; not only are you almost perfect, but you're willing to take one for the team to make the rest of us feel better. :thumbup1:

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

• Like 7

Glad you figured it out.  Onward and upward!

• Like 3

With my first pregnancy, this was the only thing my stomach could hold. Well, that and filtered water.

With one baby, I could only eat white foods.  No veggies at all for months.  

I'm late with my good morning post, but good morning!

Thanks to good morning america and Tim McGraw, my Dd 6 just said the word dam$. His new song is apparently "Dam$ country music". I had to explain it was a bad word, and not a beaver dam.

I am supposed to be in two places at once today. Overwhelmed.

Good luck with the cookies, duckling.

Explaining curse words is educational.   :D  

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 6

My theory behind the lemonade, which only works if there is actual lemon in it, is that the acid from the lemon helps you digest your food more quickly.

Nope. It makes me feel better on an empty stomach. My best guess is that it neutralizes the acid in my tummy, but I don't think that's correct. I own Elements and Carbon Chemistry. I should read them.

John's been a jerk all day. I never knew sympathy symptoms could be so bad. They've been upset for weeks. It makes sense. They still follow my cycles, why wouldn't this ruin their lives?

We told them about the baby last night. They were unphased. I suppose we've all known for a year so why would they be surprised?

These Ensure straws are some super advanced technology.

Girls only: I think I dehydrated myself into a UTI. :( I could be wrong. I'm drinking all the things to try to combat it. I'll know by morning.

(((Hugs))) Slache

Get some help if you need it. (Doc and meds).

Sometimes I *feel* like I'm starting one when I'm dehydrated but I'm actually fine. I think that's what's happening now, but yes I will seek immediate medical attention if I fear otherwise. Because ouch.

Nope. It makes me feel better on an empty stomach. My best guess is that it neutralizes the acid in my tummy, but I don't think that's correct. I own Elements and Carbon Chemistry. I should read them.

John's been a jerk all day. I never knew sympathy symptoms could be so bad. They've been upset for weeks. It makes sense. They still follow my cycles, why wouldn't this ruin their lives?

We told them about the baby last night. They were unphased. I suppose we've all known for a year so why would they be surprised?

These Ensure straws are some super advanced technology.

Girls only: I think I dehydrated myself into a UTI. :( I could be wrong. I'm drinking all the things to try to combat it. I'll know by morning.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Poor Slash.

• Like 2

Slache, I have heard of some people having less acid (rather than more) during pregnancy. Maybe the lemonade helps in that case? I think the fact that it is sour makes it easier to drink than water.

So you think I have an imbalance that's making me ill and the lemonade is correcting the balance?