Menu

Ignore this thread!

We have the tree up with only lights on. The day ended up filled with other things. Ugh, I'd really like to get everything done tomorrow so I don't have bins of decorations left in the house. I folded 4 loads of laundry and the house is clean except the bins.

We are also trying to rearrange the living room. We got a bracket to wall mount the TV. It will be in an odd place but will be on a swivel bracket so should be able to face the room when we watch something. I don't have a great solution. I just want to get rid of the entertainment table and make space.

I bought dh a new laptop case and a dash cam for Christmas which I hope were brilliant ideas. Usually, I have zero ideas.

Bin-bracket-brilliant booya.

Edited by Dianthus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

We are going to late service this morning so everyone gets to sleep in.  Dd & sil are going back home this afternoon.

We got 83% of the decorations up yesterday.  The girls are still hanging snowflakes from the ceiling and there is another box I need to look through, but hopefully we can also get the boxes back into the attic by the end of the day.  My bedroom is Wedding Central, so it will be a while before there is any space in here.

Ds19 has quartet rehearsal this afternoon and I have church fellowship tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 3

The ornaments are on the tree! Nothing else is up, but I'm surprised I got the tree decorated. I started late and just practically threw everything on while we watched It's a Wonderful Life.

I can't decide on the furniture. The room is so awkward. I'm thinking of getting a low pop up tv unit instead. That will be a much smaller TV to stay below the window height.

Kids choir sang at church and was beautiful. 😍 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!,

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩

School for some, work for others. Three more weeks and I am on Christmas vacation!!

I have to bring both snack and dinner for the varsity soccer team tonight. I didn’t have to sign up for both on one day, but I did to get it over with. I made pumpkin muffins and trail mix for snack and baked ziti, bread and salad for dinner. Got the ziti and muffins done yesterday, so I just have to bake the ziti and then deliver it all.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

Chilly morning. The wind machines are going in the orange groves. Sounds like a flock of helicopters.

School and work. 

My puzzle is going well. My mil gave me a 1000 piece puzzle. It’s one they got for $1 at Longs Drug Store, which I think no longer exists. It’s a Thomas Kincaide. Not something I would buy for myself, because I’m not a fan of Thomas Kincaide, but I needed something, so I got it out. It’s hard, but I’ve been working on it a couple of days now and got the border done and have a good start going on the inside.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

Chilly morning. The wind machines are going in the orange groves. Sounds like a flock of helicopters.

School and work. 

My puzzle is going well. My mil gave me a 1000 piece puzzle. It’s one they got for $1 at Longs Drug Store, which I think no longer exists. It’s a Thomas Kincaide. Not something I would buy for myself, because I’m not a fan of Thomas Kincaide, but I needed something, so I got it out. It’s hard, but I’ve been working on it a couple of days now and got the border done and have a good start going on the inside.

Hawaii still has Longs Drug Stores but I think all the CA stores turned into CVS.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I got a scam "bank" text this morning but it turns out my account is not overdrawn so yay.  I found the library book and will return that in a bit on my way to pick up an order.  Otherwise it's just usual lessons and stuff and working on my embroidery project and trying to organize wedding supplies.

Coffee!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I got a scam "bank" text this morning but it turns out my account is not overdrawn so yay.  I found the library book and will return that in a bit on my way to pick up an order.  Otherwise it's just usual lessons and stuff and working on my embroidery project and trying to organize wedding supplies.

Coffee!

The scams are scary now. I get one from our bank and it looks EXACTLY like it's from our bank. The email address looks legit, too. I've also had calls from the IRS and electric company that were extremely convincing. They all asked for a small amount, too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

During Covid, ds23's room became a home office since he was at college and the room was unused.  When he got married and permanently moved out, the room also became a guest room.  Yesterday, I moved several unopened packages into the room to get them out of the way.  Dd17 saw me moving them and asked, "Is this room now the office guest room warehouse?" Um, yep it is. :) So later when another package showed up on the front porch, I asked her to take it to the warehouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Junie said:

.  Dd17 saw me moving them and asked, "Is this room now the office guest room warehouse?" Um, yep it is. 🙂 So later when another package showed up on the front porch, I asked her to take it to the warehouse.

We need one of these!  Actually, after dd20 gets married, her room (which she used to share with dd25) will be available.  Dd17 has suggested we turn it into a lizard room, but I'm thinking guest room/office/warehouse would be more helpful.  Right now, my bedroom is the warehouse.  

• Like 3

I made drunken noodles and panang curry and it was just like the restaurant. Panang isn't hard and I make it occasionally, but I don't think I've made drunken noodles because of bad experience making pad Thai though a Thai friend told me pad Thai is really hard to make.

I have no ideas for dinner tonight.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

I made drunken noodles and panang curry and it was just like the restaurant. Panang isn't hard and I make it occasionally, but I don't think I've made drunken noodles because of bad experience making pad Thai though a Thai friend told me pad Thai is really hard to make.

I have no ideas for dinner tonight.

Ooooo...we're going to need recipes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Ooooo...we're going to need recipes!

I used the recipe tin eats drunken noodle recipe for the sauce. I added lightly steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, baby corn, sautéed onions and red pepper and chicken. The market was out of the wide rice noodles so I used rice flakes,which look like doritos, but it worked. 

I do not have a panang recipe. I just know not to overdo the panang curry paste because it gets hot. Maybe 2 TBS paste and 2 tsp fish sauce, 1 can coconut milk and 4 cloves sautéed garlic. I saute onions (maybe 1/2 c slice), 1/2 Sliced red pepper and chicken separately and add to sauce. Then add about 8 sliced lime leaves and some steamed green beans (just barely cooked in microwave).

It was a surprisingly quick dinner. I bought chicken breast on sale at Costco and was trying to use it up. I will have one more chicken meal this week. I'm thinking about burgers tonight since I have more mushrooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I got my 50,000 meter award at the RowHouse yesterday.  I even get a free t-shirt 😁.  The turkey broth is simmering and now I need to get dressed and take Pup for his morning constitutional and then get started on Other Things.

Coffee!

Congratulations, Susan. (Sent with a huge trophy and a million dollars)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2