Jump to content

Menu

Ignore this thread!


Recommended Posts

You probably bought 2 because they were on sale.  That's why I bought 2.

 

It's a Turkey Sale Booyah!   
 

Our thread. . .

is a very very very fine thread

with nice friends on the Hive

we help each other to thrive

and everything is cozy because of you! 

La-la, la-la-la, la . . .

 

Jean, 6/2023

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You probably bought 2 because they were on sale.  That's why I bought 2.

 

It's a Turkey Sale Booyah!   
 

Our thread. . .

is a very very very fine thread

with nice friends on the Hive

we help each other to thrive

and everything is cozy because of you! 

La-la, la-la-la, la . . .

 

Jean, 6/2023

No, it wasn't on sale. It was because I was paranoid of not having enough turkey. I had barely enough last year and I bought a smaller one this year. So I am roasting turkey #1 in Wednesday and making stock. Then Thursday I will roast #2.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning!

I have done no preparation except for putting the turkey in the fridge.  I should check my schedule.  I'm all off kilter because we are having Thanksgiving dinner on Friday instead of Thursday and my brain can't quite process it.

The other issue is that since the van is in the shop we are still scrambling around to get everyone where they need to be, so I'm not even sure when I will finish grocery shopping.  Might be Wednesday night.  I could see that as a fun time, lol.

Today I have a row class, then pick up dd20 from school and drop her off at the chiropractor and while she's in her appointment I'll take dd17 to the pet store for some fish tank supplies and then get dd20 and bring her back to school.  Then a bit later pick her up again and go to a meeting and then home.

Coffee!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The battery on the little car went dead the other night and since then the radio has not been working.  It turns out that there is an 11 Step Process for getting the radio to turn on which involves pushing certain buttons together and writing down the secret code and also getting the VIN and calling a Honda dealership to get another special code.  Oh. my. word.  It's a radio.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

The battery on the little car went dead the other night and since then the radio has not been working.  It turns out that there is an 11 Step Process for getting the radio to turn on which involves pushing certain buttons together and writing down the secret code and also getting the VIN and calling a Honda dealership to get another special code.  Oh. my. word.  It's a radio.

svengo.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dianthus said:

I'm thinking of not schooling tomorrow or schooling in home economics. I didn't make the pies today. I made 2 loaves of our daily bread, a triple batch of apple bars for the Thanksgiving service and fellowship tonight. It was a wonderful service. 

So all the pies tomorrow! 

I never do school when it's Thanksgiving or Christmas. For some reason, doing school for only a few days is bizarrely stressful for my children. We don't take off days like president's day or MLK day for the same reason. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm trying to finish up about 7-8 days of Sonlight history so I'm in a good stopping place to do a Christmas study for December. And ds12 is a couple weeks behind in writing and a couple days behind in math. And I skipped a lot of science because we were sick in October. So it's hard for me to stop. Maybe just history reading, boys math (ds9 has a test), and ds12 writing. He is just cleaning up a final draft. And art, since I paid for an art subscription and we haven't used it in a couple months. And housecleaning, and coralling dd3, and baking.  Yes! My day is all planned!

Edited by Dianthus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

Busy busy!!!

I’m roasting one of my turkeys today, carving it and making stock with the carcass (is there another word for that?? I hate that word it is just ghastly, but, I don’t know what else to call it), making the cranberry sauce, baking the pies, and sautéing the veggies for the dressing. Oh yeah, and making the cheddar-scalloped onions. We eat at 1:00 tomorrow, so i need to get most of the prep done today. DH is home from work today, so he will help.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning!

Yay for good bread and pies!

I am so sore from yesterday's row class.  But I got my fastest split so far 2:10 which happened for a half a second.  Most of the time it's in the 2:30's.

Warning!  DentalPo!

I am leaving for Aldi in a few minutes, then going straight from there to the dentist

(Ok it's over)

And then to the Kroger next door to pick up the few things that I can't get at Aldi.  Then this afternoon is apple pie filling, chopping and sautéing onions, celery, and mushrooms, making salad dressing, and IPing rice and carrots.

The kids are in charge of tidying up the basement and vacuuming.  Also on the list is getting out table linens and stuff.

Coffee! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

Busy busy!!!

I’m roasting one of my turkeys today, carving it and making stock with the carcass (is there another word for that?? I hate that word it is just ghastly, but, I don’t know what else to call it), making the cranberry sauce, baking the pies, and sautéing the veggies for the dressing. Oh yeah, and making the cheddar-scalloped onions. We eat at 1:00 tomorrow, so i need to get most of the prep done today. DH is home from work today, so he will help.

 

Ah. Missed this. Good job!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm back from all the Places.  Cheesy broccoli rice casserole and zesty carrots are assembled and in the fridge.  Salad dressing is made.  Onion/celery/mushroom mix is sautéed and will be assembled into sage dressing tomorrow.  Apple pie filling is done and on it's way into the fridge.  
     
Warning: DentalPo!  Avert yer eyeballs!

When I got up from the dentist's chair I felt weirdly dizzy.  I think it might have been from the sonic cleaning tool thing, as it was sometimes really loud in my ears.  The dizziness lasted a little while but was not too bad - I could still walk and drive and stuff. 

They did a whole lotta x-rays and digital models of my teeth.  No cavities but they suggested a couple preventative things for next time.  Also those invisalign things to straighten my teeth and reduce dental pressure points.

*as you were*

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm the pie lady this year.

Today, I made:

2 chocolate cream

Apple

Peach

Cherry

Pecan

Blueberry

2 pumpkin (gave to friend)

Tomorrow, I need to bake 2 more pumpkin for our group. I already made the crusts just didn't want to try to fit the pies in the fridge tonight, so put crusts (rolled and in pie plates) in the freezer. I also need to make whipped cream for the chocolate pies.

I'm so tired of being in the kitchen. I had so many interruptions and I suppose I shouldn't have tried to do school, but we did get some school accomplished. The boys peeled my apples while I read Sign of the Beaver.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dianthus said:

I'm the pie lady this year.

Today, I made:

2 chocolate cream

Apple

Peach

Cherry

Pecan

Blueberry

2 pumpkin (gave to friend)

Tomorrow, I need to bake 2 more pumpkin for our group. I already made the crusts just didn't want to try to fit the pies in the fridge tonight, so put crusts (rolled and in pie plates) in the freezer. I also need to make whipped cream for the chocolate pies.

I'm so tired of being in the kitchen. I had so many interruptions and I suppose I shouldn't have tried to do school, but we did get some school accomplished. The boys peeled my apples while I read Sign of the Beaver.

Jawdrop. That's a lot of pies. I struggled with my pie crust this year. Not sure why, but it just wasn't rolling all nice and pretty like it usually does. Oh well, good thing my family cares more about taste than looks. One by one, they keep taking turns looking at and smelling the pies. 😂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Happy Thanksgiving, ITT!! You ladies are wonderful and I am so thankful for all of you. I hope you all have a blessed day.

I am up semi-early. Got the crustless pumpkin pie in the oven. Turkey #2 will go in as soon as the pie comes out. We keep adding to the guest list. I hope I have enough pie. Dianthus, I may have to borrow one of yours. I know there will be other desserts, though. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

Can I borrow that, too?

Um, it's already partially eaten. DH came in and stole a wing. Then, he stole the other wing and shared with the kids. Now, I'm literally defending all the food from grabby fingers that wanna sample anything they can before time to eat! I should've made appetizers. I always forget. 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning!  Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for y'all!

(((Those for whom today is difficult)))

I got up early and went to a row class.  I'm still sore from Tuesday's class so today was an exercise in perseverance.  When I got home, ds28 had breakfast ready for everyone (waffles and eggs) and we put up the porch "Happy Thanksgiving" banner.  We have a few more things to do - got the sage dressing put together and caramelized the almonds and will make a couple pumpkin pies in a little while.  Most of the food cooking will happen tomorrow.  I must resist eating all the almonds.  So yummy.  The kids are in charge of tidying up the basement.

Coffee

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happily, I'm not using the roaster. SILs are doing the main meal.

I make crisco crusts and they always turn out. I haven't liked butter crusts when I tried making them. Maybe I'm cheating. I remember reading that bear lard makes the best pie crusts but haven't tried that one!

My mom is making a pie too. We should have plenty of pie. My ds said, "It's better than Pi Day!" (March 14). I told him it's not because on Pi Day we get to have pizza. #notafanofturkey

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...