• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Evening. DENTAL WARNING: Been a day. Little Man had 2 baby teeth pulled by the dentist cause adult teeth came in behind. He was not happy. Dh has a consult appointment tomorrow about his tooth. Our dentist was shocked it broke the way it did and isn’t bothering him. I’m just grateful.  He’s a big baby about pain.

I’ve been watching movies. That’s it. Boring- boring- boring. Just how I like it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Good morning! TGIF!

I don't know if I should be happy about Friday or not.  I am planning to do some baking with dd14 this weekend - wedding cake rounds to freeze.  There are a few ingredients and supplies I need to get.  Also will probably need to start mailing wedding invitations as soon as they get here, so will need stamps.  Also need to stop by UPS for an amazon return.

Coffee!

• Like 3

One day, Albert Einstein was on his way to a science convention for a speech. On the way there, he tells his driver that looks a bit like him:

"I'm sick of all these conferences. I always say the same things over and over!"

The driver agrees: "You're right. As your driver, I attended all of them, and even though I don't know anything about science, I could give the conference in your place."

"That's a great idea!" says Einstein. "Let's switch places then!"

So they switch clothes and as soon as they arrive, the driver dressed as Einstein goes on stage and starts giving the usual speech, while the real Einstein, dressed as the car driver, attends it.

But in the crowd, there is one scientist who wants to impress everyone and thinks of a very difficult question to ask Einstein, hoping he won't be able to respond. So this guy stands up and interrupts the conference by posing his very difficult question. The whole room goes silent, holding their breath, waiting for the response.

The driver looks at him, dead in the eye, and says :

"Sir, your question is so easy that I'm going to let my driver explain it to you."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So I have occasionally endeavored to get my kids to go with me to the bi-weekly contra dance that they have in The Big City.  And the idea is always swiftly and scornfully rejected.  Until tonight, when dd17 asked me why I'd never told them about this before because it sounds really fun and she immediately went to inform her swing-dancing group in hopes we can all go together. 🙄  

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Already ran a couple of errands this morning and the house needs some serious attention before my nap this afternoon.  We bought another cube organizer that dh and dd13 are putting together right now.  Hopefully that will help with some of the items that have no home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D (with peppermint mocha creamer. It is the holiday season)

Saturday!!

Busy busy!!

Tonight is Winter Formal and DD1 is going. We have to pick up the boutonnière and her friend is coming over to do her hair sometime today. She’s got a lovely dress. Navy blue velvet I ordered from Dillards. it looks fantastic on her, but then again, she’s a tall, leggy, gorgeous 17 year old girl. Everything looks fantastic on her. The slit is a little high, kinda makes me look like a bad mom, but I am so tired, I don’t care anymore.

Baby has cheer this morning, a football game tonight and cheer competition tomorrow. Ugh. I will be glad when this is over.

My in-laws are moving to assisted living at the retirement village in my town. So, DH and DS are helping with that. I have to do some housework and make sure everyone is where they need to be. I found some kind of a soup recipe that looks good, so I will put that in the crockpot so we have something to eat when we get home from the football game. And I have to make sure the kitten is fed. Screech is really getting big and cute.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Slache said:

Tomorrow we will be the parents of teens. Then we will be the parents of at least one teen for sixteen years and nine months.

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'll be the parent of a teen for just over 5 more years.

I have all teens for the next 4 months. DS will be 20 in March. Baby just turned 13 3 weeks ago, so I’ve got 7 years to go. I actually love the teen years. The girls are fun to take places and seem to have a good time together.

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Saturday.  Dh and I got a jump start on the long list of to-dos for this week.  We went and emptied the 40 gallon turtle tank so we could move it, then refilled it.  We moved my 14 foot long by 8 foot high folding wall into a different room (not heavy but awkward and has to be partially laid down to fit through a doorway).   

This afternoon we go to the 4H Awards Ceremony.   I'm a presenter since I'm on the Board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got the rental car which made a funny woodpecker sound on the way home, but after that I didn't hear anything.  Then dropped the girls off to meet a friend at a local park family day and stopped by Kroger to buy a couple things.  Kroger still has Halloween candy.  It's 75% off.  I bought some bags of caramels.

Now I am just finished eating breakfast and planning to put the frozen chili into the IP (slow cooker) and then work up the courage to try baking a cake.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I have all teens for the next 4 months. DS will be 20 in March. Baby just turned 13 3 weeks ago, so I’ve got 7 years to go. I actually love the teen years. The girls are fun to take places and seem to have a good time together.

He doesn't want to be a teen because of what the world says. He also doesn't want to leave home. I keep telling him it's exciting, he doesn't have to leave until he wants and it's all good, but he's acting like a teen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cakes are still scary.  Sally (from Sally's Baking Addiction) assures me it can be done, but seven 9" and four 6" later I'm not sure anything is going right.  I made a big rookie mistake in that I thought the chai cake recipe called for 9" pans but it was actually three 6".  And I divided up the two batches differently so now I think I need to make one more batch so I have 4 matching 9".  The little cakes will be used to test the freezing process and icing and will be used for ds18's birthday next week.  

If worse comes to worst, I'm prepared to utilize Nothing Bundt Cakes.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2