• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Morning.   Today is my one day I have to teach classes this week.  I'm getting dry ice to do activities with both my chemistry classes.   

It's supposed to get in the 80's this week, and since I'm still between landlords, my air conditioning is still broken.   I'm not sure what to do about this. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

I was hoping to sleep in this morning, but menopause snuck in those early morning hot flashes for the win.

Girls have school today, they had Spring Break last week. But, I have to pick up the two younger mid morning for an orthodontist appointment, then i’m going to the nursery with my mom. Hopefully sometime in there i can get on Shutterfly and get my photo book started from the trip. I uploaded all my photos last night to their website, so I am good to get started.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have two phone calls that should be made, but since I feel like I am coming down with Something, imma ignore them.

Phone calls should only be done when one is in optimal health. And the outdoor temperature is between 75-77 degrees F. And the moon is in the 4th quadrant of Orion. And you’ve seen the sign of the red eagle flying where no man has gone before. Otherwise, you need to lie down and have some chocolate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Orthodontia is done. I picked up my mom and we had lunch out and then went to the nursery. I bought some impatiens, some rudebekia for cutting, some purple salvia because it’s pretty, some parsley and cinnamon basil for my herb garden. i have no idea what to use cinnamon basil for, but i needed more things for my herb garden, so it’s actually a garden and not just chives and regular basil sitting next to each other. 

• Like 4

So, I have become an admin on a new FB group for alum of my high school. We were the first graduating class; three or four high schools fed into this school, and I had attended two of them, as well as a junior high that fed into the third, so I knew many people. But it was the kids from one high school, pretty much one neighborhood, that drove everything, and lo, over 50 years later, they still do. They pretty much populate the high school reunions, even though many of them still see each other almost daily. I did not live in this neighborhood; the people I knew rarely attend anything. In fact, at the last reunion I attended, no one recognized me, even when they saw my picture in the yearbook. And yet...I am an admin of the group.

This should be fun.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ellie said:

So, I have become an admin on a new FB group for alum of my high school. We were the first graduating class; three or four high schools fed into this school, and I had attended two of them, as well as a junior high that fed into the third, so I knew many people. But it was the kids from one high school, pretty much one neighborhood, that drove everything, and lo, over 50 years later, they still do. They pretty much populate the high school reunions, even though many of them still see each other almost daily. I did not live in this neighborhood; the people I knew rarely attend anything. In fact, at the last reunion I attended, no one recognized me, even when they saw my picture in the yearbook. And yet...I am an admin of the group.

This should be fun.

Look out facebook - there's a New Sheriff in town! 🤠

• Like 3

Morning.  

I think I have a cold.  Or my allergies are just really bad, which is more likely.  All the trees are in bloom.  

I'm meeting my mother for lunch today at a local veggie place.   I'd cancel because I feel like crap, except then she'll get upset and I can't really reschedule for weeks since this is my week off.  

Tomorrow is my endometrial biopsy.  I hope I'm feeling better.  

• Like 6

Good morning!

(((Toto)))

I am still in bed.  Well, I got up to grab some yogurt and make sure ds got onto his online class and am now in bed again.  I actually slept quite well last night.  Still have a little fever and crud but it's better.  I hydrogen peroxided my ears twice yesterday and have been taking zinc lozenges.  I'm going to stay away from people as much as possible.

I started reading Cloud Cuckoo Land a few days ago and am still not sure what I think about it.  The books I really wanted to read are not available yet.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I started reading Cloud Cuckoo Land a few days ago and am still not sure what I think about it.  The books I really wanted to read are not available yet.

Coffee!

Let me know what you think about that book. I put it down. Just couldn’t get into it. At. All. I loved “All the Light You Cannot See” by Doerr, so I thought I would like this one, but no.

• Like 3

We're doing popcorn preaching (many people giving 5 minute messages) on New Year's Eve and John asked to be one of the men giving messages. 

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

“I love my husband…I love my husband" ...

I don't always.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

“I love my husband…I love my husband “ she muttered while cleaning out the spattered microwave that he left….

I'm pretty sure my husband thinks the opposite of me. It's not my fault the microwave is up soooo high and I don't always have time to grab the stool to stretch my 4'11" to higher heights to reach the splatters...🤪🤣 (I literally have to stretch with that stool, and still can't reach all the areas of the microwave 😛)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Weed whacked for the first time in a week after nonstop rain. I am definitely losing the battle at the moment since some areas were retaken by the enemy. Sigh. It would go much faster if I could use a lawnmower but the area needs to be smoothed out before that could happen. And first, I need to tame the tall grass. 

Our neighbor sometimes brings over his goats. Would you like to borrow them? I'll see if he can swing by your way.

• Like 2

Y'all -- I am having such a good day!

Nothing special going on, but in the past few months I've been working through some mental health issues and some distorted thinking that I've had for years.  This week especially has felt like a breakthrough.  And I feel free.  And Joyful!

It's like the opposite of a mid-life crisis.  God loves me.  And He has put people in my life (including y'all) to love me.  And I don't even have words for how thankful I am.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Morning.  I still feel yucky but didn't sleep super awful.   I'm up early because my biopsy is at 8am about 30-45 minutes away and I wanted time to eat before I go.  They recommend taking advil ahead of time so I had to have food in my stomach first.  

I cancelled our 4H meeting for tonight.   My usual co-leader is away so dh would be co-leading, but ds's ankle is still sore enough he doesn't want to drive and he would need a ride to class right as 4H is happening.  Plus I'm not sure if I'll feel crampy after the biopsy.  Plus I'm feeling like crap.   All those things together, cancelling seemed the way to go.  

• Like 6

Good morning!

(((Toto))) hope things go smoothly for you today, with as little discomfort as possible.

Today is the last day of tutorial.  My throat is still sore, so I am not going anywhere.  (Except for the quick trip to the gas station I just got back from to fill up the van). Otherwise I'm feeling a lot better.  The Pup is whining at me, but it's dd20's turn to walk him this morning.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

My vacation is slipping away from me.😥

A couple of girlfriends are coming over for COFFEE!!~D this morning. I do have the rest of the day to myself, though. i would like to get my photo book done. it’s a huge task, but I just need it done.

• Like 5

((Toto)). FWIW, I had an endometrial biopsy several years ago and it was fine.  I hadn’t had AF in over a year, and then she came. So, they were concerned. They wanted to schedule an EB, but then the gal said, “Well, if you want we can just do it now, then you don’t have to come back.” So, she just did it really quick. I guess there is a lot of pain for some people. For me, not so much and I just went about the rest of my day. Unless there are varying degrees of that procedure and i had the “not so awful” one, it just wasn’t as bad as the hype. Then they had me do a trans-vag ultrasound, and while that wasn’t painful, that was a whole lot more awful than the EB.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

((Toto)). FWIW, I had an endometrial biopsy several years ago and it was fine.  I hadn’t had AF in over a year, and then she came. So, they were concerned. They wanted to schedule an EB, but then the gal said, “Well, if you want we can just do it now, then you don’t have to come back.” So, she just did it really quick. I guess there is a lot of pain for some people. For me, not so much and I just went about the rest of my day. Unless there are varying degrees of that procedure and i had the “not so awful” one, it just wasn’t as bad as the hype. Then they had me do a trans-vag ultrasound, and while that wasn’t painful, that was a whole lot more awful than the EB.

I had one about five years ago before my ablation and they did the same thing - come back another time so you can take some advil or just do it now.  I chose to just do it that time too.  This time the doctor wasn't in the office when I had the ultrasound that led them to wanting to do one again, so I had to schedule it.  I did take Advil this morning.  I wasn't too worried about the procedure, it was getting up at 6am while feeling crappy that was a bigger issue.   

It basically just felt like a really hard pinch, and only lasts a couple seconds.  

• Like 4