• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Did the bone scan. I can hardly wait for the doctor to call me and give me grief. Should be about two weeks, which will give me time to gird my loins for a battle.

Hula. Haumana is making progress, but it's oh, so slow. ::heavy sigh::

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy ... Wednesday! (I forgot what day it is.)

Another day, another headache.  Sometimes I feel bad that I'm not more productive, but with as many health problems that I have fighting against me, I have to remind myself that it's kind of a wonder that I get anything done at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

(((Junie))) 

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

Another day, another headache.  Sometimes I feel bad that I'm not more productive, but with as many health problems that I have fighting against me, I have to remind myself that it's kind of a wonder that I get anything done at all.

You're a wonder!!  ❤️

• Like 5

Good morning!

I just realized that I have been actively frowning all morning.  Must. Adjust. Face.  

Poor pup was whining this morning and I remembered that I forgot to take him out to potty last night, so he got his walk a little earlier than usual.  

Tonight we have rehearsal for Good Friday and Easter services.  I went shopping for a few Easter dinner groceries last night but am holding off on buying strawberries because I don't trust them to hold up until the weekend.

Gyros for dinner tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I just realized that I have been actively frowning all morning.  Must. Adjust. Face.  

Poor pup was whining this morning and I remembered that I forgot to take him out to potty last night, so he got his walk a little earlier than usual.  

Tonight we have rehearsal for Good Friday and Easter services.  I went shopping for a few Easter dinner groceries last night but am holding off on buying strawberries because I don't trust them to hold up until the weekend.

Gyros for dinner tonight.

Coffee!

What are you playing for Good Friday?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

What are you playing for Good Friday?

It is essentially going through the stations of the cross with scripture readings, a handful of choral pieces (none that I recognize from the sheet music) and some congregational hymns (Stricken Smitten and Afflicted, Ah Holy Jesus, O Sacred Head, etc.).  The service ends with everyone leaving in complete silence with the tolling of a bell (the harbor bell windchime from my front porch, lol).

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It is essentially going through the stations of the cross with scripture readings, a handful of choral pieces (none that I recognize from the sheet music) and some congregational hymns (Stricken Smitten and Afflicted, Ah Holy Jesus, O Sacred Head, etc.).  The service ends with everyone leaving in complete silence with the tolling of a bell (the harbor bell windchime from my front porch, lol).

That sounds like a wonderful, meaningful service, Susan.

• Like 2

Good morning!

It is supposed to rain all day.  Might need to take a nap.

The kids left early for tutorial.  I forgot to send money for the high schooler's formal dinner but eventually found the place to sign up and pay online.

I don't have anywhere to go today.  There is a Maundy Thursday service tonight, but I don't think there will be a vehicle available to get there.

Coffee!

• Like 4

On 4/6/2023 at 1:52 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

After a long day of voir dire (jury selection) yesterday I have been excused from my jury obligation.

Voir dire: because English-speaking attorneys wanted something more dignified than See and Say! 😁

It reminds me of this joke about languages:

*Languages walk through the Vocabulary Shopping District*

ENGLISH: I'll take one of everything!

SPANISH: They come in matching sets, you know.

*ENGLISH shrugs. SPANISH wanders off into the Arabic shop.*

FRENCH: I like this one! But I want something that matches what I already have. I'll have one custom-made.

GERMAN: I can build that out of parts I already have at home....

Edited by 73349
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Blessed Good Friday to you all.

I am working today, my last day before Spring Break. i also have to take oldest DD back to the allergist to get the results of her chest and sinus x-rays. The provider said her chest is quiet, but there is a lot of inflammation in there, which is strange because she just got off 5 days of Prednisone. So, hopefully the x-rays will tell us something.

• Like 5

Morning, Happy Good Friday!

I haven't been on much this week.  My stomach has been super messed up since I ate way too many thin mints Monday.   I haven't been sleeping well and it's just been miserable.   Seems to finally be all cleared up now.  

Doctor didn't need me to come in early so I'm still on for my biopsy next week.  We got a notice from my insurance that the ultrasound was considered "experimental for indication" and not covered but then said we didn't actually owe anything, so that was weird.   I guess we'll wait and see if the doctor agrees that we don't owe anything and figure it out then.  

I'm off most of next week except Tuesday snow makeups but, as usual, I have lots of paperwork and class prep to do.    

It's starting to feel like Spring!

• Like 6

It's pouring (and the temperature is about 40*F lower than yesterday). We're under a flood warning. The only place I want to go today is to put food into the Little Free Pantry at my church. Bonus: Construction between here and there means the intersection of the road I need to get on and the easiest road to get to it is completely closed. My first-choice alternate route floods predictably. I'll figure something out. Or I will make The Google figure it out for me. 🙂

After English, I'll set DS up to read biology while I finish making lunch (black bean soup). We're going to finish school, including a dissection or two. I need to place a veggie box order. I'm going to make cheese for the pizza tonight (the store was out of the kind I wanted). Maybe I'll use the Wii Fit later and get some steps in, because this is not a lovely spring day for a walk.

• Like 5

Good morning!  A Blessed Good Friday to you all!

I'm back from all the places: Aldi - forgot to bring in my phone and so had to shop without my list and also bought a pot of pretty tulips; Kroger - had my phone this time and was able to pick up the couple things I missed at Aldi; Hobby Lobby - getting daisies for the memorial gardens spring flowers.

We have to be at the church at 5 for rehearsal before the 6:30 service.  Which means dinner will be extra early.  Looks like the rain might be done for the time being.  I need to make some hard-cooked eggs in the Instant Pot.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Oh Krissi, guess what came in the (e)mail today?!?  A flyer for a school (tutorial) trip to DC!!  Lol.  I'm considering it.  It looks like it will be a whirlwind trip, though it's just DC for 4 days and a visit to Monticello on the way home.  Also, it would be in January. So the weather might be iffy.  And no cherry blossoms. 😭

It would be nice to take my two youngest, who were 2 and 4yo when we went as a family because they don't remember anything but the stories we tell them. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh Krissi, guess what came in the (e)mail today?!?  A flyer for a school (tutorial) trip to DC!!  Lol.  I'm considering it.  It looks like it will be a whirlwind trip, though it's just DC for 4 days and a visit to Monticello on the way home.  Also, it would be in January. So the weather might be iffy.  And no cherry blossoms. 😭

It would be nice to take my two youngest, who were 2 and 4yo when we went as a family because they don't remember anything but the stories we tell them. 

oh you should. it’s a great trip. We were in DC at the height of cherry blossoms and it was really spectacular. Monticello is awesome. All those dumbwaiters.

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Saturday.

I'm heading in to work in a bit to do some cleaning up since I did nothing yesterday.   Then this afternoon dh and I are going to see the Dungeons & Dragons movie.   

Tomorrow we're having Easter Dinner at dd's apartment since she has more space.   Dh will be cooking so we'll go over early (we have a key) to get it started.   

• Like 5

Good morning!

I was pretty emotionally spent after the service last night so I hybernated before bed with some popcorn and that movie about the giant dinosaur shark.  The one with Dwight from The Office.

This morning I started a pot of coffee and drove dd16 to driving school and now I'm back home drinking the coffee.  One of the tulips out front actually bloomed!  I usually get a lot of tulip foliage but not actual flowers.  They probably need some fertilizer or something.  The potted tulips from Aldi are lovely - a kind of pinkish-orange with yellow tips.

We will need to do some tidying up. Did you hear that Marie Kondo gave up on being tidy when her 3rd child was born, lol?  Anyway.  I got distracted in the middle of this post and now the air purifier and hvac filters have been replaced.  I'm going to make a couple desserts for Easter today (Strawberry Pretzel Salad and Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding) not that we need that many desserts but I couldn't choose between the two.  Dd14 will make Easter Crown Bread.  And then egg coloring and resurrection biscuits after dinner.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I slept well and got some blessed Second Sleep.

We're having Easter dinner here tomorrow for-who-knows-how-many people.  It might just be five of us, but I asked dd18 to invite her entire young singles class at church.  Some of them don't have family in the area, so they might come.  Or, they might all go home and sleep and none of them come.

• Like 4

On 4/6/2023 at 2:28 AM, Susan in TN said:

I have this song stuck in my head.

I should listen to the thunderstorm and see if it will lull me back to sleep.

I've never heard of this song...

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Day 205 without Juliet 

Why without Juliet?

No special plans or dinner here. I don't think I've actually really ever made an "Easter meal." We are going to church early since they are having two services, and after the first one, Gymnast and the rest of the youth group are setting up the egg hunt for the younger kids. After the eggs and fellowship, there will be the second service (duplicate of first), but we'll be going home.

We had Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services this week which was a first for me too. The Good Friday service was very nice with scriptures and singing, and lights going dim as it was read that Jesus died. It was somber as we all walked out of the sanctuary quietly.

Gymnast wants an egg hunt again this year, so I have eggs to fill in a bit. I'm thinking another scavenger hunt with scripture clues. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Renai said:

I've never heard of this song...

Why without Juliet?

No special plans or dinner here. I don't think I've actually really ever made an "Easter meal." We are going to church early since they are having two services, and after the first one, Gymnast and the rest of the youth group are setting up the egg hunt for the younger kids. After the eggs and fellowship, there will be the second service (duplicate of first), but we'll be going home.

We had Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services this week which was a first for me too. The Good Friday service was very nice with scriptures and singing, and lights going dim as it was read that Jesus died. It was somber as we all walked out of the sanctuary quietly.

Gymnast wants an egg hunt again this year, so I have eggs to fill in a bit. I'm thinking another scavenger hunt with scripture clues. 

She was at home. I walked after dropping the car off at the car dealership and I couldn't figure out how to bring her with me since they won't allow her inside at all. (For understandable reasons). 

The dealership is by the freeway but there's a sketchy path that leads up to this beautiful park with trails. So I walked up and back. 

• Like 2