• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

I somehow doubt that I could get gluten free Amish food. 

There actually are some things that are (or can easily be made) gluten free.  Desserts, probably not easily.

Now, fat free -- not possible. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Junie said:

Krissi, when you were in DC you were close-ish to where I live now and now that you're in South Central PA, you're close to where I grew up! (I grew up in York, which is one county to the west of where you are now.)

I felt your presence, Junie. Hopefully someday we'll be back and not on so tight a schedule. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

The Pennsylvania countryside is just beautiful. I have never been here before. I really love it.

It really is lovely.  The rolling hills, the manicured farms, the old stone houses -- I love it.

I moved away a long time ago, but I still consider it "home".

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Junie said:

Krissi, when you were in DC you were close-ish to where I live now and now that you're in South Central PA, you're close to where I grew up! (I grew up in York, which is one county to the west of where you are now.)

I have a college friend who grew up in York!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Good morning!

Ds18 and I left at dark o’clock to spend the day at the university dd24 graduated from.  I’ve unexpectedly spent a bit of time sobbing and I’m trying to pull myself together enough to get through the rest of the day.

They have a lovely table set out with fresh berries, muffins,  and 

Coffee!

• Like 4

We have had an Amish filled day. It's been very interesting. We had dinner in a town called Bird in Hand. That is an awesome name for a town.and I have gotten in the bad habit of eating dessert. Tonight I had coconut oatmeal pie. It was really good.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Pennsylvania is a beautiful.

It really is!

We are home.  I thought we might stay longer but after the campus tour (which was fairly unnecessary for us) we were both tired and ready to go.  Plus the Bad Weather is on it's way and I didn't want to be driving in it.  Ds18 said he thought he would be fairly comfortable there.  I am always super impressed with the president of the school and the staff and faculty I encounter.  One faculty member stopped to pray for me when I started blubbering at the "Undecided Major" table.  

I see a dark cloud making it's way over.  Probably I should have some chocolate.

• Like 5

Hi! I’m just puttering along today. I printed a student guide. I really wish I had my own spiral paper punch.

ASD Son finished his BJU stuff today. He chose Monarch for new school stuff, so free trial is happening starting Monday. I’m glad it’s in time for their annual April sale.

DS17 made dinner tonight. Roasted red potatoes, meatballs, and broccoli.

Little Man is sleeping on my floor again.

I’m going to watch a movie.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The funeral was today, at the gravesite. I did not attend; I went to the church to be the "project manager" for the reception afterwards. We had plenty of food (I think there weren't as many people as my friend expected, also), and the ladies were very experienced and self-motivated; they just needed a little directing. I stayed for about an hour after my friend arrived from the funeral, then I went home and took a nap, then went back briefly for another church thing later. Finally came home to stay, put on the jammies, and napped the rest of the day, because I used up all my spoons and was DONE.

Laundry tomorrow, because I couldn't do it today.

Next week I have a bone density scan, after which I'll be fighting with my new endo about how my low TSH means my thyroid meds are closer to where they should be and not that the low TSH is "causing" bone loss. ::head desk:: I'm so sad that my former endo moved to another state instead of staying here to treat me, because he knew better.

• Like 6

Good morning!! We are off on another adventure. Today it's Valley Forge, Washington Crossing the Delaware and we end up in Philadelphia. Tomorrow we have a full day in Philly and then leave at 5:15pm for home. This has been an incredible trip. Part of me wants to just keep on going and the other part is exhausted and wants to go home.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Ellie said:

Tonight's hula: The Queen's Jubilee.

""Queen's Jubilee" was composed by Liliʻuokalani, June 20, 1887, in London as she and Queen Kapiʻolani were en route to the Jubilee celebration of Queen Victoria in honor of the 50th year of her reign as Queen of England & Empress of India."

translation: http://www.huapala.org/Q/Queens_Jubilee.html

You can see the love in her face.  ❤️

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Dropping off dd16 at driving school and then going to Aldi.  Maybe another store.  I'm going to help ds27 sort through cans and containers in the garage so we can get rid of things.

Coffee!

Aldi has come to California. When I see one I think of you, Susan ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We made a stop in Intercourse, PA. Where inappropriate t-shirts abound.🤣

Parts of your trip are very similar to oldest DD's senior class trip from high school.   

Before you hit Intercourse, PA you pass through Blue Balls, PA.    There's lots of interesting town names in PA.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I was woken up to one EXTREMELY LOUD crack of thunder at 4am.   Other than that, our big thunderstorms have mainly been a dud so far.   I really need to go to work today to do some cleaning up (since I was super lazy while hanging out there yesterday), but I can get away with a few hours this afternoon and a few hours tomorrow afternoon, as long as I do a little bit of laundry both days while home.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Aldi has come to California. When I see one I think of you, Susan ❤️

And WE are getting In-N-Out Burger!  Eventually. 😁

(plus 1/4 of the population of California.  I suspect that's why they finally agreed to expand their market to TN - their customer base is already here.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

And WE are getting In-N-Out Burger!  Eventually. 😁

(plus 1/4 of the population of California.  I suspect that's why they finally agreed to expand their market to TN - their customer base is already here.)

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. Californians invading your state. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Parts of your trip are very similar to oldest DD's senior class trip from high school.   

Before you hit Intercourse, PA you pass through Blue Balls, PA.    There's lots of interesting town names in PA.  

My favorite is Bird-in-Hand. I love that name.

• Like 5