Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Junie said:

I've not been to the Museum of the Bible yet either, but I've heard it's wonderful.

I think I've been to all of the Smithsonians? My favorite is American History.  Second would be Air & Space, I think.

The Museum of the Bible is awesome. It is really well done.

Booya/h

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Howdy.  I guess I haven't been here in a few days.  I'm finding the 6:30am wakeups, leave for work by 7:45 really hard.   I'm tired.  

Almost through this week, then next week and I have a week off, except snow makeups on Tuesday.

Then our last 8 week session of the year and it's summer.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Slache said:

I think it's more holp than halp. It's pathetically cute. He just learned to say Igaac and yesterday he was running back and forth between his room and the living room yelling "Igaac! Gone! Igaac! Back! Igaac! Gone!" So cute.

I love this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Is it like, wrong that we didn't figure this out until it ruptured? He was sick yesterday but not anymore than anyone else. Then last night he told me his ear hurt so I gave him Tylenol. This morning, weary of an ear infection I asked him about his ear and he said it didn't hurt. Then his fever was bad so I gave him a lukewarm bath and brought him to bed with me. It was then I noticed the ruptured eardrum and I asked him and he said it hurt and we took him. He's been saying he's sick all day, but he really didn't give an indication, but I feel like it must be very progressed and I should have noticed.

While I typed this they got back. It was very quick.

• Like 3

(((Slache)))

Don't beat yourself up over it.  Sometimes we miss things, especially if the kiddo has a high pain tolerance.

Years ago, one of my kids had appendicitis but we didn't catch it until his appendix ruptured.  The doctor in the ER said that sometimes it just happens fast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

Is it like, wrong that we didn't figure this out until it ruptured? He was sick yesterday but not anymore than anyone else. Then last night he told me his ear hurt so I gave him Tylenol. This morning, weary of an ear infection I asked him about his ear and he said it didn't hurt. Then his fever was bad so I gave him a lukewarm bath and brought him to bed with me. It was then I noticed the ruptured eardrum and I asked him and he said it hurt and we took him. He's been saying he's sick all day, but he really didn't give an indication, but I feel like it must be very progressed and I should have noticed.

When Dd16 had pneumonia (11yo) we just thought she had a cold/allergies.  Finally we brought her to the walk-in clinic and they had to give her oxygen treatment and everything.  I felt like a bad mom for sure.  But she just didn't seem to be as severely sick as pneumonia would warrant.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm back from the window place and string quartet.  So I went to the window showroom expecting that salespeople would be there to answer questions.  They had some windows set up in an area in the middle of the offices (I guess that was the "showroom" part) but there was literally no one there.  Except me.  So I played around with the different windows for a bit and then left.  It was weird.

String quartet was nice.  We went through the whole Grieg and then a shorter piece by Hugo Wolf and then a bit of a quartet by a French composer but we gave up and decided we would all go home and listen to it a few times and then give it another try. We ended with some Bach fugues which look so easy but we couldn't make it through any of them without stopping occasionally to regroup, lol.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Slache said:

Not at all! We all have stories of such things. You are a fantastic mom who loves her kids and does awesomely! ❤️

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are literally hiking up with the million dollar houses enjoying the million dollar view. 
I hope that no one reports us as riffraff!  

One of these houses sold for over two million dollars. 

We got totally lost but we finally found our way back to the trail. But to a totally different spot than I thought we would get back on. 

Juliet was rewarded for not eating the park ranger with some ham treats. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Ok, now I have something to do for my friend.

Her dh's funeral is Friday afternoon, with food served at the church afterwards. I can help set up everything while they're at the cemetery, so everything is all ready when they come back to the church. Also, she commented on a recipe that was shared on FB today; I can make that tomorrow and take it to her house. #winning

• Like 6

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Those cherry blossoms are very impressive.

Many years ago, I took my dc on a field trip to Virginia and NC, flying into and out of D.C. They were 18 and 21 yo. 🙂 We arrived on Palm Sunday and went home on Easter Sunday. We only had a day in DC, so we saw all the monuments, as well as the Holocaust Museum and one of the Smithsonians. The weather was beautiful, such that the cherry blossoms had already bloomed by the time we arrived, so we missed them. 😞 The rest of DC made up for it, though.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet was rewarded for not eating the park ranger with some ham treats. 

Ok, I have to come back to this.

So, Juliet was rewarded ... for not eating the park ranger with some ham treats. So, the park ranger was going to be, like, a side dish to the ham treats? But, she refrained from eating him/her along with the treats?

Well, that was nice of her. 🤣

ps. I totally know what you mean, I just thought it a little funny how you wrote it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Renai said:

Ok, I have to come back to this.

So, Juliet was rewarded ... for not eating the park ranger with some ham treats. So, the park ranger was going to be, like, a side dish to the ham treats? But, she refrained from eating him/her along with the treats?

Well, that was nice of her. 🤣

ps. I totally know what you mean, I just thought it a little funny how you wrote it.

The park ranger came flying out of the ranger station when he saw us coming. Juliet thought that was definitely axe murderer behavior so she gave a low warning boof. But then the park ranger magically produced ham treats and she decided that he was ok after all. Apparently axe murderers don’t carry ham treats. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Good morning!

I slept better last night even though my tummy was feeling a bit blah.  Today is the last Bible Study for the year.  They usually have a large group study over the summer.  The Youngers are leaving for tutorial and Other Kids are going to classes and/or work.  

I think Pup's ear is bothering him again.  Also imma need to find a time to bring the van in again to deal with the headlight/wiring.  Sigh.  

Coffee!

• Like 5

Unfreakingbelievable!  The Barkely Marathons were held 2 (TWO!) weeks ago!!  I totally missed them!  I thought for sure they would be held on April Fool's weekend.  But I guess that's Laz for you.

If you haven't already, do watch the documentary "The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eat's Its Young" and then this report on this year's race will make much more sense.  https://ultrarunninghistory.com/2023-barkley-marathons/

I was so happy to see that John Kelly finished again.  And Karel Sabbe!  Three finishers all together!  

Here's a photo of my family at the Yellow Gate.

D59D80E8-4FED-495F-861C-DD0449F3C1BE.jpeg

Few have ever touched   
Five times on a Fool's Weekend    
Barkley's yellow gate.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Unfreakingbelievable!  The Barkely Marathons were held 2 (TWO!) weeks ago!!  I totally missed them!  I thought for sure they would be held on April Fool's weekend.  But I guess that's Laz for you.

If you haven't already, do watch the documentary "The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eat's Its Young" and then this report on this year's race will make much more sense.  https://ultrarunninghistory.com/2023-barkley-marathons/

I was so happy to see that John Kelly finished again.  And Karel Sabbe!  Three finishers all together!  

I saw on the news that the race had happened and wondered why you didn't comment on it.  

I was surprised that they had finishers! Plural!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Junie said:

I saw on the news that the race had happened and wondered why you didn't comment on it.  

I was surprised that they had finishers! Plural!

I know, right?  The hallucinations are what really get me.  And the one guy who finished the loop in the dark because his headlamp went out!?!?  I don't even know how that's possible.

I puffy heart luv John Kelly.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

We had a wonderful morning. Gettysburg. We went to the Shriver House which was totally one of the high points of this entire trip. If all history could be taught like that. It's a civilian home in Gettysburg that was commandeered by the Confederates for 3 days. The interpreter was phenomenal. Her vocabulary was rich and the way she told the story... we were all eating out of the palm of her hamd. We got the story of the family, saw the bullet holes in the attic....it was just amazing. 

Now, off to the Hershey Chocolate Factory.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Green Bean said:

Making chocolate chip cookies for a church thing tonight. It’s a painting thing so DD was keen to go. I have zero talent there so DH is taking me to see the Dungeons n Dragons movie instead.

Dh and I are going to see that one of these day.  Isn't it just opening tomorrow?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I finished A Gentleman in Moscow.  Not sure what I should read next.  I put a hold on The Lincoln Highway by the same author, though there may be a few week's wait.

I can't decide which of his two other ones I want to read next.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Hershey was heaven. Heaven, I tell you!!! Now, we are off to an Amish smorgasbord.

When I was working with Rosetta Stone, one of my students worked at a Hersheys in Europe. She was a manager in charge of all the ingredient ratios. Some different ingredients than the US, because their ingredients in Europe are all natural.

• Like 4