• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Back from my Sweet Adelines contest. We went just for evaluation, not to compete, as there must be 12 members and we have only 11 (7 of whom had never been to contest before). We scored middle-of-the-road, so...::shrugs.:: We enjoyed ourselves, even though the Hilton hotel where we stayed only had one of its four elevators operating each day, such that we were given permission to use the service elevators. o_0 Went to Buc-ees twice (once on the way, just outside of Austin, once on the way home, just outside of Houston). My roomie and I enjoyed each other's company; her dh drove over from Austin and met her there, and they were planning to spend the day at a Korean spa. They are such a cute couple. ❤️ So I drove all the way home by myself. It was a long drive, and it rained, but I had no problems, and I took a nap in my comfy recliner when I got home. 🙂 Mr. Ellie had been at a Gideon Convention all weekend so he didn't even miss me, lol.

That is all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

We are on our way to the hotel. I think we will be at this one three nights. We will be in DC two days.

I so wish you had a little bit of free time in your schedule. One day, my friend, we will finally get to meet in person. 🙂

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd24 sent this to me today. 😂

D34F617A-49FE-4DDC-B04F-B7EBC30E4A53.jpeg

I grew up with my dad and grandparents being HUGE bird watchers, so I've always known quite a bit and enjoyed watching them when there was time.  I would notice particularly unusual or interesting birds when they showed up.   Dh was never that interested, although we had a couple bird feeders that we mostly remembered to fill.  

In the past year, he has gotten SUPER interested in the birds.  Multiple bird feeders, looking for new species, excited to see certain birds.  Going outside and waving his fists at the grackles.  It's kind of hilarious.  

• Like 7

I slept pretty well last night and feel mostly recovered from the sleepover.  I definitely feel the difference in my ankle from not having had my bone broth yesterday.    My stomach is also still a little off from all the crap I ate (or at least, lack of good stuff).   

Today I have a teacher out so I'll be teaching three classes.  But there's nothing going on tonight so I can relax after work.  

Still heading in to work over an hour early since we still have one car for dh and I to use.   I assume that will get easier at some point.  

• Like 6

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I woke up way too early again and am now dragging.  Yay for coffee.  Dd24 has an ortho appointment this morning and this afternoon we have the usual Monday instrument lessons, choir, and scouts.

I'm currently listening to the Grieg string quartet (op. 27) which was my choice for string quartet this Wednesday but now I'm nervous because it does not look easy to sight read at all.  At least not as a group.  Counting to 2 has never been so intimidating!

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2     1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2     1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2     1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2     1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2     1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2     1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 

Mooom, Susan is speaking in tongues again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So.... today we did Mt. Vernon, Arlington Cemetery (our school laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier), Iwo Jima Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Memorial and Vietnam War Memorial. My feet are killing me. It was a good day, but I am beat. They keep us going. Our motto is, "Walk with a purpose."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm so sorry to hear this.

TYVM. They celebrated their 50th anniversary last November.

I don't know what to do or how to help. She has several adult children in town, and siblings, and she's lived here for many years so lots of friends and neighbors. 

• Like 3

Well, we are up and at 'em. "Full day today," says our tour guide. Like yesterday wasn't? We staggered in to our hotel room at 10:00pm. We are going to the Capitol and all things governmental today. And to the spy museum, which I am really looking forward to. And likely a whole lot of other stuff.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Well, we are up and at 'em. "Full day today," says our tour guide. Like yesterday wasn't? We staggered in to our hotel room at 10:00pm. We are going to the Capitol and all things governmental today. And to the spy museum, which I am really looking forward to. And likely a whole lot of other stuff.

I remember when we went to the National Archives and the security guards kept announcing that people should NOT stand in the line that went around the circle, but just walk up to the various exhibits.  But people still stood in line.  And we just walked through the middle and up to various exhibits and got dirty looks which we ignored, lol.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I haven't been the to spy museum (yet) but I have heard really good things about it!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

What I really want to do is sit all day with coffee and read my book (A Gentleman in Moscow) but in following the main character's daily routine, I will try to spend the morning accomplishating.  Probably should do laundry and tidy up The Chair of Doom.

I wanted to finish that book before I left. But, didn't. I'm kind of glad I didn't rush through it. I don't think rushing through would be something the Count would appreciate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning! I hosted Mom’s Night last night. That might be my last one. I can’t relate very well to them. I just feel awkward. Sigh! Well, I tried.

Little Man is on day 3 of having a hacking cold he picked up from the park Saturday. He’s been watching lots of tv- Wild Kratts, Preston Plays, and Adventure Agents. I’m calling it science and engineering! 😆

Not much going on here today then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Green Bean said:

I hosted Mom’s Night last night. That might be my last one. I can’t relate very well to them. I just feel awkward. Sigh! Well, I tried.

You brave soul. I haven't gone to a mom's night this year. This year I finally said no because it's more stressful for me to go than to not go. I stated it to a small enough group of friends and this time they actually understood instead of trying to convince me that I need this and I would have a lot of fun if I went.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Green Bean said:

I have done nothing all day.

I did that for most of the day. Taught my hula class with my one non-dancing student, stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up something for Mr. Ellie to have tor dinner (diet for me), came home and did nothing the rest of the day. It was a good day.

• Like 5

We didn't get back to the hotel till 10:30 last night. These kids are exhausted and we are only half way through. I was expecting them to revolt last night. "No more monuments!!!!"

We saw the MLK Memorial, the FDR Memorial and the Jefferson Memorial.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Today we are going to the museum of the Bible, we get to pick one Smithsonian and then we are leaving for Gettysburg.

I've not been to the Museum of the Bible yet either, but I've heard it's wonderful.

I think I've been to all of the Smithsonians? My favorite is American History.  Second would be Air & Space, I think.

• Like 4