• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

(healthy version of) Bangers and Mash for dinner tonight. I'm using a recipe because I've never made it before, so hope it's good. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/7881368088345631/

I made chicken gyro bowls with homemade tzatziki a couple of weeks ago and they turned out really good. It used ground chicken. The whole family liked them. It looked pretty too.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I concur

My gyros are really easy because I get a box of gyros meat at GFS and then just buy naan and other toppings and make the sauce.  Do they serve egg on a roll at NJ diners?  I always had that on Long Island and have never found anything that compares to it elsewhere.  I think it was the crispy bacon.

Yes, taylor ham, egg and cheese on a roll is the classic, but also available as bacon, egg, and cheese, canadian bacon, egg and cheese, or sausage, egg and cheese.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did get a call this morning from the doctor's office.  I have a thickened endometrial lining so need to get a biopsy.   I'm pretty sure I had that about 5 years ago and had a biopsy and it was nothing.  But I guess it could be something, especially in menopause.   I go for a biopsy in 4 weeks.   

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Renai said:

(healthy version of) Bangers and Mash for dinner tonight. I'm using a recipe because I've never made it before, so hope it's good. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/7881368088345631/

I made chicken gyro bowls with homemade tzatziki a couple of weeks ago and they turned out really good. It used ground chicken. The whole family liked them. It looked pretty too.

I've tried to make gyros with homemade seasoned meat and it turned out meh.  Your chicken bowls sound really good!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Yes, taylor ham, egg and cheese on a roll is the classic, but also available as bacon, egg, and cheese, canadian bacon, egg and cheese, or sausage, egg and cheese.  

Egg in a roll isn't a Thing in the south (they do biscuit things here), but I expect they are in your area.  Mmmm.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Golden Corral has once again left us over stuffed. ASD Son says he won’t eat until tomorrow night. That last piece of coconut meringue pie put me over my limit. The steak was delicious. The guys are all in the car while DD is still nibbling away. And she’s done!

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Renai said:

That does sound yummy.  And a lot easier to eat than a traditional gyro.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I've tried to make gyros with homemade seasoned meat and it turned out meh.  Your chicken bowls sound really good!

3 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

That does sound yummy.  And a lot easier to eat than a traditional gyro.

I'm trying to find a copy of the recipe that is not behind a paywall (I got it from BODi's Fixate program), but no luck so far.

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Egg in a roll isn't a Thing in the south (they do biscuit things here), but I expect they are in your area.  Mmmm.  

Not egg IN a roll, but egg rolled up (in a tortilla) is a thing here. 🤣

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

You let the cat out of the bag?! 

No- I’m allergic to cats.

9 hours ago, Dianthus said:

I'm tired and having a hard time. I'm going to a new Dr, different practice, next week. 

Made our version of shamrock shakes tonight. Of course I didn't have one.

Back to corned beef tomorrow. Ugh. No one else wanted stew.

((Dianthus)) I’m praying for you to feel better and the new doc will be able to help.

Morning. I’m still stuffed.

Laundry and more laundry today.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

(((Dianthus)))

I love gyros.  You should try them, Beanie!

I also had a little bit of Second Sleep.  Enough to manage for the rest of the day, I think.   Need to go to Aldi and probably Publix as well.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Egg Report: $2.23/doz at Aldi; $4.09/doz at Publix.     

It's cold and rainy.  But the house is warm.  We're having more freezing temps this weekend and hopefully a bit of a warm-up next week.

I've often thought (and heard from others) that Publix would be a nice place to work.

• Like 4

I went to Costco today to avoid the crowds tomorrow. Still have AFSA tomorrow.

DD’s sleepover was canceled. She’s so tired she doesn’t even care.

I sheared DS17 tonight because he didn’t want to wait until tomorrow. I’ll do DH, ASD Son, and trim Little Man’s tomorrow. My guys all like their hair short, shorter than I would like, honestly. They all look like Army recruits after shearing day. We live where it’s hot. But today it was not. Today was blustery and cold for Houston.

I got the neighborhood pool card pickup and 2023 hours email today. I need to remember to go get the cards next week. DD got a new rash guard/swimsuit set and Little Man got shark trunks which he specifically asked for. Buying early means I can find exactly what they want in their sizes. I need a new set. I need trunks to cover my white legs. I got burned last summer.

Dinner was heat n eat orange chicken (sauce on the side so ASD Son would eat) and microwave Japanese chicken rice. I bought a tuxedo cake for St. Patrick’s Day for dessert. Yum!

Little Man ate a cheese pizza and missed dessert because he threw a fit during family Scripture time. Early bedtime for him tonight was so on!

I’m gonna chill now.

DS17 freshly sheared and showered:

AEB733CA-B8B3-4897-AD93-F3B7FCEE3038.jpeg

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Saturday.

Today I'm working at the science center.  I think I may have figured out the problem with my screen printing screen.  I did an experiment with a class involving uv lights and cellophane.   One set of my uv lights didn't work as expected.  They work fine for making things fluoresce, but evidently don't work for some other applications.  I think I need to make sure I use the lights that worked for the experiment for my screen printing.  

Tomorrow I stay home, do laundry, and make corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot.  Oldest dd is coming over for dinner.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Dd was supposed to have a sleepover last night at the science center with two friends.  One cancelled Thursday, then the other cancelled Friday morning due to an dentist appointment.  I sent a quick message to mom to confirm we were cancelled since it was just a message between the kids and I wanted to make sure they didn't show up and we weren't there.    Return message was weird and made it sound like we cancelled (or the other person did).   I'm not sure what's up, could just be limitations of text messages.  I'm not planning to follow up or say anything to dd.  These guys are teenagers, if they felt the need to cancel for whatever reason (none of the three are NT, two of them have anxiety) I'm just letting it go.  We are supposedly going to work on rescheduling. 

• Like 6