• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

On this fine morning in history, I stand before you all to say thank you. Thank you for being awesome elephant ninja chicks. Thank you for making me laugh at loud, or at least chuckle under my breath often. Thank you for being as close to sisters as one can have in a non-IRL relationship.

You are all beautiful, sweet, smart, and wicked cool, and my life is better for having known you.

I think sometime today everyone should post their speech. And we need cupcakes. And champagne. (N/A for those who abstain, of course.) And SWB should definitely stop by... Because we are apparently all her besties.

❤️ to all!  (Professormom 2017)

-----------------------------------

We are the bestest of friends    
And we’ll keep on ignoring-to the end   
We are the bestest    
We are the bestest     
No time for meanness     
Cuz we are the bestest on the net. 

(Apologies to Queen)

Jean, ITT Anniversary 2018

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

And i almost forgot my favorite holiday….The Ides of March.  Where is my head???

You are maybe thinking of a different holiday. January was for losing one's head. 😉 (Charles I, Louis XVI.)

Happy ITTiversary.

iVolunteered at a multi-agency disaster exercise. Now it's time for a snack & I'll take baby to tennis.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I made a book out of a bunch of math cards I had lying around. It isn’t pretty, but maybe my grandkids will use it someday once Little Man is done with it.

I think I killed my laminator.

I cleaned the kids bathroom AND tub/shower!

I deserve one of DD’s cinnamon rolls now.

HAPPY ITT ANNIVERSARY!!

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

So glad you stopped by, Serendipitous!     

I'm glad I remembered to have more coffee before string quartet - played Haydn, Ravel, and Beethoven.    

I'm tired of having to use my brain today.  We're having gyros for dinner.  I made the tzatziki sauce yesterday, so everything else is pretty easy.

• Like 7

Dear ITT,

Thank you to all of you for being such dear, dear friends.  I love spending a little bit of time each day with you, keeping up with all that you are doing, and sharing a little piece of my life with y'all.  We are all so different, yet we share this special space.

Love to all of you!

Junie

• Like 7

Here's my speech:

Dear ITT,

These are the things I have learned from you over the years.

1) Don't go swimming in the seas.

2) Stay off treacherous roads.

3) Always try to be felpful.

4) Stay away from the AFSA if at all possible.

5) The ITT Island is a wonderful place to be.

6) COFFEE!!~D is the answer to all life's problems.

7) Bunny slippers are available when you are feeling under the weather.

Loves and kisses to you all.♥️♥️♥️♥️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Today is the stabby holiday. By which I mean The Ides of March, not the ITTversary. How many years has it been?

2,067 since the stabby day, if my math is right.

We read "The Noblest Roman of them All" in CHoTW this morning. Yesterday, read Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi. Tomorrow, we'll hit the St Paddy's books hard ☘️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning. 

Had to get up early because I have an ultrasound this morning to check things out before starting HRT.   I have to drink 32 OUNCES of water and hold it for the exam.  That is going to be excruciating.   

I've never been able to hold that much. they've always just had to do the best they could, which was always just fine.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

So glad you stopped by, Serendipitous!     

I'm glad I remembered to have more coffee before string quartet - played Haydn, Ravel, and Beethoven.    

I'm tired of having to use my brain today.  We're having gyros for dinner.  I made the tzatziki sauce yesterday, so everything else is pretty easy.

I love gyros.   It's not something dh usually makes, although he did make shawarma recently with tzatziki sauce.  I usually have it at diners.  (NJ is the diner capital of the world and they all sell gyros).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Renai said:

I've never been able to hold that much. they've always just had to do the best they could, which was always just fine.

Yeah, I didn't do the full 32 ounces and it was fine.  I do drink something like 40 ounces of tea each morning, but then pee.  Then I drank a 24 ounce water bottle on the way there.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Have you ever gone for a test and feel like they find something or are concerned about something but of course they never tell you anything?   It kind of felt like that.   It's possible she was just having trouble getting the shots she wanted because of various surgeries I've had (2 c-sections and tubes tied), but it definitely didn't feel like it was quick, easy, standard.   

I also forgot I had my tubes tied.   She asked me if I had any procedures on my tubes and I said no.  Then later she asked if I had my tubes tied and I remembered.  🤦‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Renai said:

8 years. We're pretty incredible, you know.

I concur

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

I love gyros.   It's not something dh usually makes, although he did make shawarma recently with tzatziki sauce.  I usually have it at diners.  (NJ is the diner capital of the world and they all sell gyros).

My gyros are really easy because I get a box of gyros meat at GFS and then just buy naan and other toppings and make the sauce.  Do they serve egg on a roll at NJ diners?  I always had that on Long Island and have never found anything that compares to it elsewhere.  I think it was the crispy bacon.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Have you ever gone for a test and feel like they find something or are concerned about something but of course they never tell you anything?   It kind of felt like that.   It's possible she was just having trouble getting the shots she wanted because of various surgeries I've had (2 c-sections and tubes tied), but it definitely didn't feel like it was quick, easy, standard.   

I also forgot I had my tubes tied.   She asked me if I had any procedures on my tubes and I said no.  Then later she asked if I had my tubes tied and I remembered.  🤦‍♀️

Give us an update when you can!  I remember once having a silent ultrasound tech (pregnancy) and being very worried that the baby had two heads or something because she said absolutely nothing.  And then we left and it felt odd.  But everything was fine.

• Like 4