Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm so tired.  It will be nice to sleep in my bed instead of on a sofa with a restless pup in the room.

It's a nighty-night booyah!

Good Night, Dawn.  May the Great Snapping Turtle whisk you away to Dreamland, where Orcas play in pristine lakes of blue.  And cabana boys are on-hand to fulfill your every whim.  (JoJosMom)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Back from church. Not as many preschoolers there tonight and they were much calmer. It was a better evening.

Getting ready for the next set of atmospheric rivers. They’re predicting a couple of doozies.  We live near the river, but we’re higher up than other places near the river, so I am not too worried. I am a little worried about my aunt and uncle, though.

• Like 6

That dancer's arms look very long. Maybe the outfit does something with her proportions.

Ds has been so sad. Finally gave him benedryl and ice pack and he went to sleep. He has another Dr appt scheduled tomorrow at the same time as other ds's class. So dh will have to help.

Dinner was awesome except I still taste garlic. I had baklava which is not great since I didn't do a full workout since my left hamstring is incredibly sore. 

• Like 6

Morning, Happy Thursday.   

My end of week is busier than usual.  

Today 3 classes, 4H club, and accountant for taxes.

Tomorrow 1 class, ds's driving test (but dh is taking him), and dd's TKD test.

Saturday parade.  Except we have a Winter Storm Advisory for 2-4 inches of snow so we will have to see if it still goes on.  I'd rather march in snow than rain but if they can't get it cleaned up in time, I'm sure they will postpone.  

• Like 8

Good morning!

The Kids are off to tutorial and I am sitting here with my coffee debating whether or not to go to Bible study.  My face is all puffy and my eyes hurt - probably the result of a day of driving and eating junk and drinking a large root beer.  We'll see how things look after coffee.

The pup ate all his food last night - I put extra in his bowl because he hadn't eaten anything for a couple days.  I think he's glad to be home.

Coffee!

• Like 5

DS is doing a bit better. He got dressed. He's in bed and has been able to eat a bit. He has a big pile of library books.

No homeschool group for us today, but as long as he keeps improving, he will go on the campout tomorrow night.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, 73349 said:

Mods deleted two accounts and a third popped up, felpfully providing the same fake phone number for competing businesses.

*sigh*

Time to fold the laundry.

You paid attention to the phone number??? 🤣

I had also reported the spam, but didn't post to the thread that I had. Was I supposed to do that?

• Like 3

Just now, Renai said:

You paid attention to the phone number??? 🤣

I had also reported the spam, but didn't post to the thread that I had. Was I supposed to do that?

The same number was in the thread titles spanning all the way down the page. It reminded me of the time I got a scam call that purported to be from "Visa MasterCard." Yeah, I'll be right with you  as soon as I get back from TargetWalmart and swing by BurgerKing McDonald's for a soda.

If we post 1 time that we've reported a spammer, others will see they don't need to and mods' inboxes won't fill up.

• Like 4

Just now, 73349 said:

The same number was in the thread titles spanning all the way down the page. It reminded me of the time I got a scam call that purported to be from "Visa MasterCard." Yeah, I'll be right with you  as soon as I get back from TargetWalmart and swing by BurgerKing McDonald's for a soda.

If we post 1 time that we've reported a spammer, others will see they don't need to and mods' inboxes won't fill up.

That spam reached page 3! I saw it, I just never actually paid attention to what the title said. Something about airlines. 🤣

I'll remember that for next time.

• Like 4

So, here's a different kind of hula video: Hawaian public school students doing a name song to King David Kalakaua; you'll recognize the second one as the opening song in "Lilo and Stitch," which was based on the existing chant that the students do first. Such a difference from just one or two generations ago, when the Hawaiian people were "not allowed" to speak their own language, and before that when hula was strongly discouraged, even though it is how the Hawaiian people kept their history, told their love stories and war stories, and generally kept their culture.

• Like 4

On 3/7/2023 at 4:50 PM, Junie said:

Does Tai Chi count as dance?  That's the closest I've come.

Maybe. I haven't had a Tai Chi student take hula, so I am not sure.

The strangest thing to me is people who canNOT hear/feel the beat of the music. They cannot hear the beginning of the song and count to 8 and start dancing. I have to give them other clues ("When you hear this word your right hand should be *here*.") It's puzzling to me.

• Like 3

What a day! Crazy week is nearly over. Ds is feeling better. 

Tomorrow we are having ribs. I slow bake them in the oven then grille. Ribs were on sale. A couple times I've made Asian sticky ribs in the instant pot (grilled afterward) and they are really good except only 1 rack will fit and I'm making 2. 

Edited by Dianthus
  • Like 6

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!

It’s raining. Don’t know what the river looks like at this point. There are two factors at play here. General run off from the rain, but this is a warm storm and it’s going to melt all the snow we had over the past 3 weeks in the mountains and all that run off is going to really cause problems.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

Not so much with the sleeping last night.  My eye is still puffy and hurting.  I made breakfast and then took dd20 with me to get the oil changed in the car.  Now we're home and I'm ready to go back to bed.  Except things to do.  Later today I have to drive People to weekend scout camp.

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am in Mail Merge He11 right now, This is my first time making my own template and I am so frustrated.All of my columns will populate except one, and yes…I know about extra spaces, etc. I am taking a break and will tackle it after lunch.

Just letting you all know (because i know you have put your lives on hold and have been waiting with baited breath to see if Krissi can get the mail merge to work) that i got it to work. I don’t know what I did, really, but it worked. So, if i have a problem next time, I still won’t know how to fix it. But anyway… I am no longer a mail merge newbie.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, 73349 said:

Former Church has sent me a letter asking me to pledge for the fiscal year that will start July 1.

*headdesk*

Krissi, I know somebody who needs your help with mail merge....

How does it work with a former church? Did you withdraw membership?

We quit attending former church during covid but never did a formal withdrawal... just began attending other places after covid. We were happy covid gave us the excuse to part ways because we wanted to leave... but it is awkward. We love the new church but are a bit hesitant to join. The new pastor made a comment about discussing membership with dh.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

How does it work with a former church? Did you withdraw membership?

We quit attending former church during covid but never did a formal withdrawal... just began attending other places after covid. We were happy covid gave us the excuse to part ways because we wanted to leave... but it is awkward.

I withdrew via a letter addressed to the minister (who I hadn't actually met, as I stopped attending a couple of months before he arrived) in November 2019 when I formally joined Current Church. People on the committee I led knew I was church-shopping several months before that.

I have asked FC multiple times to stop contacting me about anything except the class DS is in this school year. The new lead minister finally got me off their email list, apologized, and explained that my spouse had been listed as a "friend of the congregation" under the same email. (DH has always belonged to a different church and had no interest in FC.) We do not have any other connection to FC, and I have things related to DS's class going to my school email. I have no idea how I (but not DH) got put back on the pledge mailing list. I have never gone back to a worship service or meeting, and only once or twice for events open to the public (because Current Church and DH's Church do interfaith work that FC is also part of).

Any time somebody invites me to check out a different church (like the one down the street), I'm like, Bro, you have no idea how many churches we already have, let alone how many I've visited....

Are you still getting mail/email from the church you no longer attend? And do they have to report membership numbers for denominational purposes or anything?

Edited by 73349
  • Like 4

DS is off to his camp-out. Nerves were starting to get to him for a little bit there, but he could see that he had everything he needed and was with people he trusts. He's riding with (in addition to 2 younger scouts and one his age) his SPL and the  SPL's parent, who was DS's Cubmaster back in the Cub Scout days. I could tell he was relaxed by the time they were getting in the van.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 4